IGNORED

Missionaries TO Canada-Or Canadians Are Lost In Darkness.

debrand

Halton? I'm betting that you aren't in southern York Region or Peel. Every so often I'm in Milton, and get a bit of culture shock.

I am in the very north end of the GTA. PM me if you want more details. I will admit readily that I do not live in the most diverse area of the region.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's one of those in Edmonton too - they seem to be a secretive bunch

There's a load of them living in my town, but their main church is in Milton (as 2xx1xy1JD mentioned, a hotbed for fundyism).

One of my closest friends grew up in that church, and even 15 years after escaping, she still has serious self-esteem issues (BTW Branham's the guy who compared women wearing make-up to dog food).

Well everyone knows that Bible was revealed in English and KJV is the only one that matters.

I am still very curious to see what they use in their missions in France.

Well the person I knew who went on a mission to France, being Canadian, had been taught French as a second language in school. She saw France as a chance to brush up on her French, as well as sight-see and wine-taste. Oh, and save souls, my bad.

On US fundies in the UK.....

There's an IFB church (oxfordbaptistchapel.com) in Oxford:

ABOUT OUR MINISTRY

It is vital to plant Bible-believing churches if we hope to reach England with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

They are linked to Crown College and its international shennanigans. I think there's a pseudo-campus of Clown College somewhere in the UK - it rings a bell with me that it's somewhere like Devon actually. Maybe that's the lot Sola has come across.

As for accents that might flummox Mercans... this lot planted a church in Newcastle:

thehousenewcastle.org (Don't know if they're related to the people meda knows.)

Pastor Drew and his wife Tammy moved to Newcastle from California, three years after first visiting the city on their honeymoon. During this time they felt God calling them to someday return to Newcastle and plant a church.

I can't get over the idea of fundies HONEYMOONING IN NEWCASTLE - how on earth did that come about?

(I'm trying to think of analogous WTF honeymoon destination in the US so that folk who've never heard of Newcastle will get why it's a bizarre choice for fundies, but it's past my bedtime and I'm thunked out.)

Honeymooning in Newcastle :lol:. Maybe they were on one of those horrible tours that takes people to every city that isn't very interesting but has cheap accommodation, bringing down the cost of the holiday? They're especially popular with people who haven't travelled much, and I'm guessing fundie honeymooners would be those sort of people.

Guest Anonymous
I consider it an honour to live in a country that "needs" fundie missionaries to convert the citizens. I've heard talk of sending missionaries to the UK too. (No idea why they ignore all of the other godless European countries)

Canada and the UK and France and places like that are a lot more fun and comfortable that going into the jungles of Africa or the dangers of the MidEast.

On behalf of Free Jinger, I will be going forth as a missionary to the UK. Please send funds to support me as I spread light and love in this dark little place where most of the people have not even heard the message of Free Jinger. It is sad and I need to go as quickly as possible. It will be a sacrifice, with them not even knowing what side of the road to drive on and talking with a weird accent, but I shall press on. But I can't do this without your money. So send it.

I have more Godly intentions in my missionary zeal than formergothardite, so please support my mission instead. I have had it laid on my heart that there is a lost lamb in Scotland with a foul mouth, big boots, anarchy flags, and a whole lot of opinions and brilliance who deeply needs my evangelizing touch right now. I purposefully request that I might fellowship with this lost little lamb so as to bring her into the fold. I envision her being truly transformed by my message once she is washed white as snow and wearing some appropriate frumpers.

This is not about me wanting to meet JFC, to be clear. This is about someone Holier than all of you having LAID THIS ON MY HEART. That means you can't argue my intentions, you must just be obedient and pass over the cash.

On US fundies in the UK.....

There's an IFB church (oxfordbaptistchapel.com) in Oxford:

ABOUT OUR MINISTRY

It is vital to plant Bible-believing churches if we hope to reach England with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

They are linked to Crown College and its international shennanigans. I think there's a pseudo-campus of Clown College somewhere in the UK - it rings a bell with me that it's somewhere like Devon actually. Maybe that's the lot Sola has come across.

As for accents that might flummox Mercans... this lot planted a church in Newcastle:

thehousenewcastle.org (Don't know if they're related to the people meda knows.)

Pastor Drew and his wife Tammy moved to Newcastle from California, three years after first visiting the city on their honeymoon. During this time they felt God calling them to someday return to Newcastle and plant a church.

I can't get over the idea of fundies HONEYMOONING IN NEWCASTLE - how on earth did that come about?

(I'm trying to think of analogous WTF honeymoon destination in the US so that folk who've never heard of Newcastle will get why it's a bizarre choice for fundies, but it's past my bedtime and I'm thunked out.)

Ok, my DH is from Berwick and from what I can tell in that area of England the only church they worship in is in St. James Park with Alan Shearer as their Jesus Christ. I would imagine 98% of the population would tell any American fundie missionary to fuck off directly to their face. As a matter of fact I would take enormous pleasure in witnessing a Geordie telling them to fuck off.

And per bolded...Who the hell honeymoons in Newcastle? Were they intending to take the train from London to Edinburgh but accidently got off in Newcastle? Don't get me wrong I like the city and the bridges over the Tyne are beautiful, but it's not exactly a tourism hot spot.

And per Takei, I have a Mormon friend in Glasgow (true blue...from Utah and all) and she tells me the Mormon missionaries in Glasgow do get a lot of verbal abuse lol. However, said friend actually LOVES Glasgow and has lived there for 8 years. She is an extremely liberal Mormon who voted Obama.

I have more Godly intentions in my missionary zeal than formergothardite, so please support my mission instead. I have had it laid on my heart that there is a lost lamb in Scotland with a foul mouth, big boots, anarchy flags, and a whole lot of opinions and brilliance who deeply needs my evangelizing touch right now. I purposefully request that I might fellowship with this lost little lamb so as to bring her into the fold. I envision her being truly transformed by my message once she is washed white as snow and wearing some appropriate frumpers.

This is not about me wanting to meet JFC, to be clear. This is about someone Holier than all of you having LAID THIS ON MY HEART. That means you can't argue my intentions, you must just be obedient and pass over the cash.

Well, my heart has been changed, I have been led by the spirit to go forth with you and join your cause. Together we can change the world! Send money!

I should go because I have a southern accent. American missionaries NEED a southern accent.

Considering that my 19 year old son has stated that he wants to meet JFC because he finds bald women attractive, I think that we could arrange a courtship. Of course, he doesn't believe in god and tends to go the opposite way that people want him to go so I'm not certain that he'd be open to godly courtship.

Well, my heart has been changed, I have been led by the spirit to go forth with you and join your cause. Together we can change the world! Send money!

My missionary zeal has just increased. Thank you for recognizing the One True Godly Pursuit in Scotland.

With all these missionaries popping up, we just might need to have a missions conference to discuss it. Someone will need to pay my way of course, since I'm a poor missionary.

Coming out of lurkerdom to comment on the oddness of fundies coming over to the UK. I remember one particular bunch, the Thorpe Family Chorus, I think they were called. Their purpose was to bring the Love of Jesus™ to the poor, war torn kids of Belfast. They sang a song about "loving Jesus better than ice cream". Even at that tender age, my bullshit detector went into overdrive =]

How about - Detroit? Des Moines? Topeka?

I'm sure they're all great towns in their way, but I probably wouldn't fly thousands of miles out of my way for a visit :D

My hometown's not exactly a must-see destination by the way, just in case I've really offended a nice Topekan. :lol:

Archived