IGNORED

Another fundie lite girl to snark about

xReems

"Very interesting! I didn't know what the traditions behind the holiday were until I read this! Also, you should do more posts about your faith, it's inspiring to read :)"

There always seems to be comments like that after a "what-ever-holliday-is coming-up-is-evil"-post, do people really buy anything some random blogger decides to put out there as "this is were it came from"?

Shouldn't the banning of fun from your kids lives be based on more sound research than that?

But I guess whatever an å-list ("å" beeing the last letter of the Danish alphabet, means I get to dunk people even lower than z-list :dance: ) professional christian says is scripture to some people...

"Very interesting! I didn't know what the traditions behind the holiday were until I read this! Also, you should do more posts about your faith, it's inspiring to read :)"

There always seems to be comments like that after a "what-ever-holliday-is coming-up-is-evil"-post, do people really buy anything some random blogger decides to put out there as "this is were it came from"?

Shouldn't the banning of fun from your kids lives be based on more sound research than that?

But I guess whatever an å-list ("å" beeing the last letter of the Danish alphabet, means I get to dunk people even lower than z-list :dance: ) professional christian says is scripture to some people...

Sadly, some people do buy what random bloggers say about certain things. There are various examples of the fundie fangirls of bloggers beveling anything the bloggers say.

Some people can find evil in a lima bean.

I was in costume handing out chocolate candies to the kids. Almost all of the kids had the audacity to thank me for giving them treats!

Oh, and we had 124 kids so that's 124 innocent souls corrupted.

ashleyradford.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-heart-about-halloween.html

One of my facebook friend's posted this link for everyone to read. After doing some investigating, I learned the owner of the blog is the wife of a guy who was in Christian pop band a few years back. They used to be featured on Disney all the time-I believe their group name was Jump5. Anyways, the girl, Ashley, seems fundie-lite from the things she writes about. Last year, she wrote a post about how God told her the dangers of celebrating Halloween, so she doesn't celebrate it. Her blog is filled with spreading the truth about Jesus and converting those who have not found Him yet. She has a sweet say of shoving her views down your throat..rather annoying.

If you read her recent post, she talks about why she turned Disney down after accepting it. She had all her bags packed and moved out of the apartment but then turned down the Disney offer at the last minute when she learned she had to wear a bikini top. Umm, couldn't you have asked about the dress code before accepting the offer?!

Oh and I ended up finding her wedding website. Her "love story" seems cute up until she talks about her dad's view on dating. I wonder what the "special circumstances" were.

brandonandashley.com

Are the Disney princess outfits really bikini tops, or are they flesh-toned tops with appliqued areas, similar to what ice skaters wear? Funny thing is, she owns bikinis, but seems to be bothered by evil exposed belly areas, so she wears a spandex tank top to fill in the area, but tucks the straps into the bikini top. Completely bare shoulders!

I just looked at the recipe page on her blog. The very first recipe looks suspiciously like chickenetti.

The mac and cheese "recipe" is priceless.

Her website loads way too slowly on my computer to be able to scroll through her photos. Can someone post some snarkworthy photos here?

I have tons of fundie lite and fundie friends, owing to the different types of churches I have attended over the years (although, I haven't attended any for the last six.) Religion fascinates me, so I have been known to spend years attending all kinds -- from the extremely conservative Bible Baptist Churches to the extremely liberal MCC churches. I've made friends along the way.

Among this group, holidays are a big issue. It seems that most (not all) Christians can agree that Thanksgiving and the 4th of July are okay, but when it comes to Halloween, Christmas, and Easter, disagreements ensue. The most pious of them will not celebrate any of the three holidays, as they are not "Biblical." While a stick is firmly inserted within their collective asses, I can at least credit them for being consistent. The more "lite" the people get, the more likely they are to celebrate the holidays, especially Christmas and Easter, as they are Christ-centered.

Then, there are disagreements about HOW to celebrate. Christmas is the "birthday" (read: not birthday) of Christ. Should we sing happy birthday, Jesus (gag, always hated this one)? Should be focus on the secular, since it's not really Jesus' birthday? Is it all about God? It it not about God? Is everything about God even when it's not about God? Should we just celebrate Hanukkah?

And all this questioning would be fine, if they did not impose their allegedly God approved opinion on everyone else, declaring their holiday rituals the true and correct holiday rituals that truly please the LORD.

About Halloween being rooted in pagan evilness, didn't Christianity take over Samhain and create all Saints Day, with All Hallows Eve the night before, and all that eventually evolved into modern day Halloween? And doesn't every "Christian" holiday have pagan roots or aspects (i.e Christmas and Easter)? I'm just going off what I've heard though.

Also, agreed that she writes terribly.

I know that Christmas has roots and traditions derived from various pre-Christian / pagan winter festivals such as Yule and Saturnalia to name a couple. Easter was similar. Maybe someone should tell Ashley that.

Let me get this straight: bikinis aren't acceptable, but a skirt shorter than a car coat (engagement picture #24) is?

Classic case of fundie cherry picking. They are quite good at it you know.

Halloween sure is evil. I could feel Satan's presence as I handed out candy to cute, polite, and enthusiastic kids, many of whom were accompanied by their parents. I had no idea there was such wickedness in my quiet neighborhood. :roll:

Are the Disney princess outfits really bikini tops, or are they flesh-toned tops with appliqued areas, similar to what ice skaters wear? Funny thing is, she owns bikinis, but seems to be bothered by evil exposed belly areas, so she wears a spandex tank top to fill in the area, but tucks the straps into the bikini top. Completely bare shoulders!

WTF is the point of that? If you don't want to expose your belly, why not just buy a one-piece? You can even get them without straps if you like to go the bare-shoulder route :? IDGI

Halloween sure is evil. I could feel Satan's presence as I handed out candy to cute, polite, and enthusiastic kids, many of whom were accompanied by their parents. I had no idea there was such wickedness in my quiet neighborhood. :roll:

Yes, horrific evil. Including the 4 high school boys dressed in tuxes who arrived on my doorstep with a violin and sang barbershop harmony. Now THOSE guys were EVILLLLLLL! And I most happily gave them fistfuls of candy for their performance. They'll certainly burn in hell for that one.

ETA: corrected a couple typos

Let me get this straight: bikinis aren't acceptable, but a skirt shorter than a car coat (engagement picture #24) is?

I want a girl with a short skirt and a looooooooooong jacket.

'Scuse me. LOL!

No, I also thought that shoulders were a no-go on modesty. I mean... she can show her legs and shoulders, wear jeans, but a bikini is BAD! LOL! Oh well. :)

ETA: I'm trying to figure out how goofy it looks to have a top under a bikini. Why not wear a tankini or a one piece? You'd look less goober-ish!

Their first several engagement photos look like someone was trying to take pictures of the trees and accidentally got their heads in it.

I do like the "Wedding Planning For Dummies" one. That would be a cute picture to send out as an engagement announcement or a save the date.

I want a girl with a short skirt and a looooooooooong jacket.

'Scuse me. LOL!

No, I also thought that shoulders were a no-go on modesty. I mean... she can show her legs and shoulders, wear jeans, but a bikini is BAD! LOL! Oh well. :)

ETA: I'm trying to figure out how goofy it looks to have a top under a bikini. Why not wear a tankini or a one piece? You'd look less goober-ish!

but-but-but then no one will look at her and realize that she is SO hawt and TOTALLY in bikini shape but being modest!

Being modest is all about having people look at you, amirite?

Yikes. I went back to her first few months of posting and she seems different.... Much more modern and less fundie. Very blonde, tanned, and wearing *gasp* short, low cut clothing! Anyone else get the feeling that she's trying pretty hard now to fit into the "perfect wife" box? I wonder if her husband wanted her to change after she married him or if it's all her own crazy doing....

Archived