IGNORED

Another fundie lite girl to snark about

xReems

ashleyradford.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-heart-about-halloween.html

One of my facebook friend's posted this link for everyone to read. After doing some investigating, I learned the owner of the blog is the wife of a guy who was in Christian pop band a few years back. They used to be featured on Disney all the time-I believe their group name was Jump5. Anyways, the girl, Ashley, seems fundie-lite from the things she writes about. Last year, she wrote a post about how God told her the dangers of celebrating Halloween, so she doesn't celebrate it. Her blog is filled with spreading the truth about Jesus and converting those who have not found Him yet. She has a sweet say of shoving her views down your throat..rather annoying.

If you read her recent post, she talks about why she turned Disney down after accepting it. She had all her bags packed and moved out of the apartment but then turned down the Disney offer at the last minute when she learned she had to wear a bikini top. Umm, couldn't you have asked about the dress code before accepting the offer?!

Oh and I ended up finding her wedding website. Her "love story" seems cute up until she talks about her dad's view on dating. I wonder what the "special circumstances" were.

brandonandashley.com

I kind of remember Jump5. I read Ashley's post on Halloween from last year and I found the whole posting annoying especially this part.

Every year, I absolutely dread October 31st. I hate the feeling I have all day just knowing what the day is all about and all the evil that goes on during this day.

She reminds me of a Lyndsie and Miss Raquel.

Guest Anonymous
I kind of remember Jump5. I read Ashley's post on Halloween from last year and I found the whole posting annoying especially this part.

She reminds me of a Lyndsie and Miss Raquel.

I have murdered a pumpkin and defaced its corpse, and later I will deliberately contribute to the tummy aches of little children by giving them free chocolates and fruity candy! Eeeeeeeeeeeevil!

I have murdered a pumpkin and defaced its corpse, and later I will deliberately contribute to the tummy aches of little children by giving them free chocolates and fruity candy! Eeeeeeeeeeeevil!

:lol: :lol:

Oh yes, all the evil. I made evil, evil hummus to take to my friend's evil, evil party. My son will be dressed as an eeeeeeeeeeeevil Lego (in a costume I made out of evil spray paint, evil plastic bowls, and an extra evil cardboard box), and he will go door to door in an evil super Christian suburb in the evil south, getting lots of evil candy. So, so full of evil.

Jump5!! I forgot about them. I was a preteen when they were big on Disney and then I think they switched to Christian rock only? I was sad.

oaQYFG_E71Q

So does she not celebrate Christmas or Easter either? Those were pagan holidays co-opted by Christians... be consistent!

Any time the guy has to ask her father for a date is a red flag to me/not normal. Although I am also curious about the "special circumstances". Probably no kissing... (If you only let your daughter date the odd guy under "special circumstances" how is she ever supposed to find a husband so she can make more fundy kids, though?)

It is interesting that they dated for more than 5 years before they got married, though. At least you know they were able to get to know each other, compared to most of the other fundies on here.

I'm reading their engagement story. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but it strikes me as pretty rude that all she talks about is how she kept texting her friend with updates from their date that night. Wouldn't you want to actually, you know, pay attention to the guy you are dating? Especially if you think you are going to get engaged to him? IDK

ETA: Photo #2 is a shining example of fundy photography. There is a giant cattail in her face. lol

Guest Anonymous

Seriously, are these people terrified all the time? Where is all of this evil taking place? Halloween is my favorite holiday. People actually interact with one another and give things away just because it's nice and fun. I'm glad that I can give a kid a Snickers bar without worrying about hellfire.

A ton of the engagement pictures were taken on the train tracks. They are sitting on the train tracks while he is playing an instrument. So typical. #43 where they are peering over the tops of books is cute though.

Any time the guy has to ask her father for a date is a red flag to me/not normal. Although I am also curious about the "special circumstances". Probably no kissing... (If you only let your daughter date the odd guy under "special circumstances" how is she ever supposed to find a husband so she can make more fundy kids, though?)

It is interesting that they dated for more than 5 years before they got married, though. At least you know they were able to get to know each other, compared to most of the other fundies on here.

I'm reading their engagement story. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but it strikes me as pretty rude that all she talks about is how she kept texting her friend with updates from their date that night. Wouldn't you want to actually, you know, pay attention to the guy you are dating? Especially if you think you are going to get engaged to him? IDK

ETA: Photo #2 is a shining example of fundy photography. There is a giant cattail in her face. lol

Yep, she seems incredibly self-centered. I only spent a couple of minutes on her blog, so are they married now? She's going to get a huge dose of reality after she's done wearing her fantasy bridal gown and gets to be princess for a day. She looks really young -- is she even 20?

Put me on the list of those people curious about the "special circumstances". And since Halloween is so evil, somebody needs to tell this bitch the real story behind Christmas.

God has put it on my heart to share with you how He’s convicted me about this celebration.

What did God convict her of? Assault on the English language? Why are all those fundies such horrible writers? There's no way all of them are graduates of the SOTDRT.

Also, it looks as though Ashley deletes comments which don't agree with her convictions.

Really. Stupid people irritate me.

About Halloween being rooted in pagan evilness, didn't Christianity take over Samhain and create all Saints Day, with All Hallows Eve the night before, and all that eventually evolved into modern day Halloween? And doesn't every "Christian" holiday have pagan roots or aspects (i.e Christmas and Easter)? I'm just going off what I've heard though.

Also, agreed that she writes terribly.

God has put it on my heart to share with you how He’s convicted me about this celebration.

As long as I can still buy candy 50% off tomorrow, I'll be as convicted as he wants...

As long as I can still buy candy 50% off tomorrow, I'll be as convicted as he wants...

I totally don't get why some fundies think Halloween is "evil." It cements my opinion that there's no fun in being a fundie.

About Halloween being rooted in pagan evilness, didn't Christianity take over Samhain and create all Saints Day, with All Hallows Eve the night before, and all that eventually evolved into modern day Halloween? And doesn't every "Christian" holiday have pagan roots or aspects (i.e Christmas and Easter)? I'm just going off what I've heard though.

Yes, that is historically accurate.

ashleyradford.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-heart-about-halloween.html

Oh and I ended up finding her wedding website. Her "love story" seems cute up until she talks about her dad's view on dating. I wonder what the "special circumstances" were.

brandonandashley.com

Agreed. I also found it creepy that friends and family were hiding in the bushes to emerge after the affirmative answer to the proposal. Where they there to make sure there was no spontaneous kissing?

That's true, but fundies would still say it's an evil holiday because it was the Catholic church that took it over and moved All Saints Day to November 1st. It's a good thing she turned down the Disney job as they do celebrate Halloween for about a month at the parks.

Oh lordy. Has anyone else checked out the "Jump5" wikipedia page? It is too full of hilarity. Check out what's written under the "Reunions" section:

Reunions

After almost four years of inactivity and separation, Jump5 (the founding members) reunited at the Sawyer's house on December 5, 2011 to announce that Lesley Moore-Sawyer was pregnant. They also sang and danced "Spinnin' Around", which was filmed and published on YouTube.

On September 7, 2012, the five original members of Jump5 reunited again to celebrate the birth of Lesley Moore-Sawyer's first child, McKinley Mae Sawyer. Unlike their previous reunion, they did not sing or dance; they only took a photo. Exactly a week later, on September 14, 2012, Brandon Hargest's wife Ashley tweeted that if fans expected a Jump5 reunion tour, she would let the members know.

So Ashley's a wikipedia editor, I guess?

On her facebook, someone posted the inconsistency of her not celebrating Halloween yet celebrating Christmas with trees, lights, and presents. Her response was the following:

Hi Brad! I appreciate you keeping me in check, for real! I want to honor God in ALL I do, not just in the things I choose to. I see Halloween as straight up dark stuff...it really is the enemy's holiday. It's something that's black and white to me. But you are so right about Christmas trees, Christmas presents, etc. having Pagan roots. I've wrestled with this one too and will definitely be praying about all of it. I've always questioned it, but just went along with it. I don't want to pick and choose what I'm going to accept. If it doesn't honor God, I don't want any part of it. So I will for sure be praying about what the Lord wants me to do. Love you, friend!

This girl is straight up nuts and is heading towards fundieville. She's been married for a year now and has yet to have a child. If she's taking birth control, then wouldn't that mean she's not honoring God since she would be rejecting one of God's rewards? The same goes for wearing jeans, dancing, etc. Might as well eliminate all of those too since those do not "honor God."

I respect people's decisions to not celebrate certain things because of their own personal beliefs but don't shove your beliefs down other people's throat that it's the right thing to do. She sounds really sweet and from her posts, it looks like she's just posting her beliefs but to me, I feel like she's trying to convert every nonbeliever who crosses her path.

As for Halloween-I have Christian friends who celebrate it but it's all about dressing up in costumes and candy but that's it. I don't think God is going to frown down at you for handing out candy and dressing up in costumes.

Oh lordy. Has anyone else checked out the "Jump5" wikipedia page? It is too full of hilarity. Check out what's written under the "Reunions" section:

So Ashley's a wikipedia editor, I guess?

No singing or dancing? Did God lay in her heart that her husband and fellow members should not participate in such Satan rituals? Why is Ashley going to let members know if there is going to be a reunion?! Why not the members themselves.

What's funny is that her in laws sing, dance, and I believe drink alcohol. I wonder how she feels about that or if they have decided to stop all of that to respect her.

Archived