IGNORED

dawniecakes

Can we get the option of having avatars for our user accounts show up in our posts?

I always like being able to associate a name with a face on message boards. This may have been discussed before in the past, so if there was some big problem with it, I didn't know :)

This was discussed before, and the general consensus was they were not wanted. I am planning on putting up a poll about it once we get settled.

I defintely think they should be optional and don't necessarily have to be the person themselves, but could be something snarky, pets, etc. I think it just adds to the scanability of posts.

Glad to hear we may have a poll about it! Thx :)

I'd like to see them. I'm a very visual person, and it's much easier for me to identify posters in threads by scrolling past a familiar avatar; my brain gets confused when I go from the text in the post to the text showing the name etc. of the poster (it's an autism thing). So that's the main reason I like them. Plus, who can resist a funny, snarky avatar?

I defintely think they should be optional and don't necessarily have to be the person themselves, but could be something snarky, pets, etc. I think it just adds to the scanability of posts.

Hear, hear! ITA!

I'm glad there's going to be a poll on it- avatars help me, at least, differentiate between posters quickly, and they're fun.

That's generally what I think, too. It's nice to help scan the posts.

I love avatars. Makes it easier to tell who's who at a glance. Also most forums have the option for users to turn them all off for those who don't care for them.

Archived