IGNORED

maybe a Vision Forum triple wedding

Pclee

So this is totally conjecture as a result of reading VF royalty facebook profiles.

We've talked about Steve Bowman of VF long ago, regarding his cheesy film making with JT Phillips, etc. facebook.com/steven.bowman.1654

and according to his facebook, he is engaged to one Lacie Verret. facebook.com/lacieverret

side note: he wrote a slightly creepy piece called "Why I Desire Lacie" -- the title just sounds wrong --

facebook.com/notes/steven-bowman/why-i-desire-lacie/399571053447503

so here's the deal: his two younger brothers seem to be courting a pair of sisters.

David Bowman and Lily Freeman -

facebook.com/DaveHBowman

facebook.com/noveltea

Joseph Bowman and Sarah Freeman -

facebook.com/joseph.bowman.716

facebook.com/saysay93

These folks all seem to be tight with Dougie and friends. I'm sure if they had a triple wedding for the Bowman boys, a whole bunch of VF royalty would show up in their Titanic costumes and get-ups :roll:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two of those guys look like they're wearing wedding bands... WTF? Or are those purity rings for teh menz? (Or do they just like shiny things?)

Yeah, there is an awful lot of defrauding contact going on in that first picture. I mean good Lord, their bodies are FULLY TOUCHING.

Why are the girls so much more attractive and fresh-faced than their beloveds?

Fresh-faced is the word that came to mind when I saw these three girls. I wonder if AS and E Botkin are seething and stewing in their corners that these younger and fresher flowers are being picked before them.

I guess the fundie guys want girls to know they're virgins too, hence the purity bands?!

The guy's jumper in the last picture is, however, objectively awesome.

(Sorry, sweater :lol: )

Yeah, there is an awful lot of defrauding contact going on in that first picture. I mean good Lord, their bodies are FULLY TOUCHING.

Why are the girls so much more attractive and fresh-faced than their beloveds?

I don't know, I actually think all six of them save the guy in the first picture are pretty attractive.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that it's tragic that so many young people are caught up in this crazy pile of horse-shit.

Wow, David and Joseph are both hawt! I hate it when fundie guys are so good looking....dammitalltohell!

Yes, the 3rd bride (Sarah?) looks very young, but she could just be very, very lucky in the aging department!

I'm guessing that the '93' bit in 'saysay93' refers to the year Sarah was born... so she's about 18 or 19. Pretty young to be married, but at least a legal adult.

Edited to add holy shit, those are some insanely good-looking fundies.

From the "Why I Desire Lacie" piece:

"Of course there are numerous reasons I could list for my desire to marry Lacie: her humility, honesty, patience, and loyalty. I believe in my heart that she has accepted Christ as her Savior and her teacher. Because He is her teacher, inevitably she will model Him. My hardest task, in my search for a bride, was finding one who will love her Lord more than anything else, including her husband. A woman who fears the Lord will submit to her early authorities, and embrace her unique role as homemaker and mother. She will reject the vanities of the world, not fearing the reproach of her secular peers and be steadfast, joyful for the duty set before her. I have found in Lacie Verret such a woman, a perfect helpmeet to me as I seek to bring a biblical standard to Christian media.

It would be remiss, if I failed to remind the reader that if God is not honored by my actions in this engagement, all good intentions will be for naught. My betrothed is a daughter of the King of kings and thus a deadly trust is laid upon me to nurture her with honor and respect. She has laid her heart before me to take as my own. What a diabolical, dastardly thing it would be if I crushed and defiled it with my words and actions. And so, for those who seek a virtuous wife, take heed for your life, that you do not provoke the wrath of Almighty God to destroy you!"

Wow.

"Of course there are numerous reasons I could list for my desire to marry Lacie: her humility, honesty, patience, and loyalty. I believe in my heart that she has accepted Christ as her Savior and her teacher. Because He is her teacher, inevitably she will model Him. My hardest task, in my search for a bride, was finding one who will love her Lord more than anything else, including her husband. A woman who fears the Lord will submit to her early authorities, and embrace her unique role as homemaker and mother. She will reject the vanities of the world, not fearing the reproach of her secular peers and be steadfast, joyful for the duty set before her. I have found in Lacie Verret such a woman, a perfect helpmeet to me as I seek to bring a biblical standard to Christian media.

It would be remiss, if I failed to remind the reader that if God is not honored by my actions in this engagement, all good intentions will be for naught. My betrothed is a daughter of the King of kings and thus a deadly trust is laid upon me to nurture her with honor and respect. She has laid her heart before me to take as my own. What a diabolical, dastardly thing it would be if I crushed and defiled it with my words and actions. And so, for those who seek a virtuous wife, take heed for your life, that you do not provoke the wrath of Almighty God to destroy you!"

Wow.

Wow²

And on a sidenote: this Lacie girl just looks sooo much like a VF-postergirl. I think it is really interesting how much VF and ATI girls differ in their looks. Just sayin'..

Wow.

That's all very poetic, and I certainly hope she meets his expectations and never gets a headache or her period on sex night. Or God forbid, she should need to go to sleep because she's been mothering his flock all day. Good luck to her.

I don't know, I actually think all six of them save the guy in the first picture are pretty attractive.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that it's tragic that so many young people are caught up in this crazy pile of horse-shit.

I think all of them are pretty attractive. Even Steve, in the second photo on his Facebook page, is attractive in that "hipster impersonating a man from the 50s" way, except without the irony. That's not to say that I wouldn't run away screaming if I were a maidenly courting prospect of theirs.

Steve's godly Christian wife checklist on his Facebook page is ridiculous, and the least romantic thing I have ever read. He may as well be describing a perfectly programmed robot he feel in love with, instead of a human.

The guy's jumper in the last picture is, however, objectively awesome.

(Sorry, sweater :lol: )

QFT!

I'm a sucker for argyle.

Wow²

And on a sidenote: this Lacie girl just looks sooo much like a VF-postergirl. I think it is really interesting how much VF and ATI girls differ in their looks. Just sayin'..

What are the real differences between VF and ATI girls? I thought both were into Quiverfull and Patriarchy.

What are the real differences between VF and ATI girls? I thought both were into Quiverfull and Patriarchy.

VF girls have sex hair and like to play dress up.

Edit: I really didn't mean to quote Katydid! Grrr, sorry, you asked a legit question and it looked like i was being snarky.

Joseph Bowman seems to have just started college as well, so at least there's not a huge age cap between himself and Sarah. I'll be curious to see how he plans on supporting his future bride with a degree in vocal performance...

If you're ATI you dress like you've come to scrub the toilet; if you're VF you dress as though you've household staff*.

In reality the difference is nothing more than a cheap string of low grade pearls. VF likes to project a genteel, refined image but at the end of the day, girls from both cults are going to be scrubbing toilets until another blessing is old enough to take their place.

*at least, that's what they think they're doing.

I admit, with some embarrassment, that I think Joseph Bowman is pretty cute.

I can't believe I've never heard of the Bowman family before now. Just think of the lather Doug the Tool could work himself into if the three of them were indeed to have a triple wedding, complete with period costumes.

Archived