IGNORED

Man stabbed outside PP clinic

shesinsane

GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP) - A confrontation outside a southern Oregon Planned Parenthood health center on Tuesday ended with a protester stabbing another man, police said.

Earlier in the day, a woman argued with the demonstrator outside the health center. She returned later with a man who then attacked the protester, Grants Pass police Lt. Dennis Ward said.

The man was stabbed multiple times in the abdomen and at least once in the neck, police said. There was no immediate word on his condition.

The demonstrator had signs denouncing abortion and Planned Parenthood, but Planned Parenthood for Southwestern Oregon spokeswoman Sarah Mosely said the clinic only provides health services, and doesn't perform abortions.

"We don't have a lot of details," she said. "It just appears to be a tragic situation. Our thoughts are with the people who have been injured and their loved ones."

Police handcuffed the protester, who had blood on his clothing, the Grants Pass Daily Courier reported. The protester was being detained during the investigation, Ward said.

Police didn't immediately release the name of either man.

Neighbor Charlotte Cook said the protester would accost people coming and going through the area.

"It was an accident looking for a place to happen," she said.

Cherie Adams said he would yell obscenities at her when she walked past him, and she changed her route to work.

"He's been out there for months," she said. "He's screaming at people.

"I had a feeling something like this would happen."

Which is the greater irony - protesting abortion at a PP clinic that doesn't offer them, or a "pro-lifer" stabbing someone multiple times?

wtop.com/209/3090681/Man-stabbed-outside-Planned-Parenthood-in-Oregon-

ETA: sorry if the thread title had you expecting a certain preacher.

That is crazy that the protester did that to another person. Imagine if he did that to a woman who was going in to get services. Their really something wrong w/ a person if they do that.

That's just...messed up. You'd never expect anyone to just have a knife and whip it out and stab you with it...not even the hateful protesters running their mouths outside of PPs.

The noun shifts from "protester" to "demonstrator" and back again are very confusing, but my take-away was that someone stabbed the pro-forced-birth dude. Since the actual violence and murders seem to all come from that side I find this sort of surprising, though it was probably inevitable (unless I'm reading it wrong). In the neck, though...yikes, someone meant business.

That's just...messed up. You'd never expect anyone to just have a knife and whip it out and stab you with it...not even the hateful protesters running their mouths outside of PPs.

The Lovejoy clinic in PDX has been bombed more times than any clinic in the US. We have our share of right wing crazies here. Sometimes one goes over the edge.

The Lovejoy clinic in PDX has been bombed more times than any clinic in the US. We have our share of right wing crazies here. Sometimes one goes over the edge.

Rachelle Shannon, the anti-choicer who shot Dr. Tiller in 1993, is from Oregon.

The noun shifts from "protester" to "demonstrator" and back again are very confusing, but my take-away was that someone stabbed the pro-forced-birth dude. Since the actual violence and murders seem to all come from that side I find this sort of surprising, though it was probably inevitable (unless I'm reading it wrong). In the neck, though...yikes, someone meant business.

I found a second article. Not much new information but it is a bit less opaque regarding what happened:

http://www.ktvz.com/news/Man-stabbed-ou ... index.html

It seems like a woman who was harassed by the protestor returned with a friend/significant other. Friend/SO assaulted the protestor. Protestor then stabbed the friend/SO.

Can't find anything to clarify the "assault" part, but I fear this guy is going to get off with self-defense, thanks to some rabid pro-life lawyers who will surely work pro bono.

It's ok to kill as long as it is in the name of Jesus.

So it is ok to lie for Jesus now it is ok to kill for Jesus too.

so what other ten commandments is it ok to break in the name of Jesus?

I found a second article. Not much new information but it is a bit less opaque regarding what happened:

http://www.ktvz.com/news/Man-stabbed-ou ... index.html

It seems like a woman who was harassed by the protestor returned with a friend/significant other. Friend/SO assaulted the protestor. Protestor then stabbed the friend/SO.

Can't find anything to clarify the "assault" part, but I fear this guy is going to get off with self-defense, thanks to some rabid pro-life lawyers who will surely work pro bono.

Thank you for the clarification! And now I can go back to being unsurprised, and sort of relieved that the forced-birthers can't glom onto this incident as (spurious) evidence of both sides being equally bad. Tally of violence and death done to actual born humans is still all on their side; universe back to normal (such as it is).

Wow. Wow. Creepy when crazy shit happens in my old hometown.

Though really, knowing this happened in Grants Pass means that nothing else about the story surprises me. A crazy anti-choice dude harassing women? While completely oblivious to the actual services the clinic provides? Said woman bringing back her angry boyfriend to kick his ass? A knife? Nope, not surprised.

Freaking ay, this is why I got the fuck out at 18...

A good chunk of PP clinics don't provide abortions, or don't provide surgical abortions, just medical abortions.

Still doesn't stop the crazy.

Archived