IGNORED

Brimeyers outsmarting disease?

dairyfreelife

I came across this website in a link up from growinghomeblog.com called outsmartdisease.com

Apparently a couple and some other woman have created these programs that will get rid of some diseases. And according to them, medicines given by doctors don't work right.

Neither Tom nor Karen are actual doctors. They never went to medical school. But they have a cure for Hasimotos, Thyroid autoimmunity, Hypothryroidism, Leaky Gut Syndrome and Grave's Disease.

Tom and Karen call themselves functional medicine practitioners. From the website on Karen:

a functional medicine practitioner, certified nutritionist and health consultant who specializes in leaky gut syndrome, digestive disorders, chronic conditions and weight loss.

She has a degree in Human Nutrition from the University of Florida, advanced certification in Holistic Nutrition and Lifestyle from the Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology Institute (C.H.E.K.) and also an advanced certification as Metabolic Typing Advisor.

In a search about this couple, I found Tom had a website of his own. tombrimeyer.com

I am a practitioner of functional medicine and health researcher and I have been lucky enough to study with and learn from some of the most widely sought after and knowledgeable doctors, health practitioners, and health researchers in the world.

A woman named Marina Gutner, who has Hasimoto's, also writes for outsmartdisease. She puts her Ph.D on there to make it seem professional, however a Ph.D tells me she's not a doctor. A search on her found her degree is in natural science.

While they offer a money back guarantee and full refund and put a disclaimer at the bottom that they don't substitute medical advice, something about it all seems off.

Neither Tom nor Karen are actual doctors. They never went to medical school. But they have a cure for Hasimotos, Thyroid autoimmunity, Hypothryroidism, Leaky Gut Syndrome and Grave's Disease.

Thyroid diseases seem to be the new diagnosis de jour. Tired? Your thyroid is off. Bad memory? Your thyroid is off. Broken leg? Your thyroid is off.*

I don't think I would trust anyone who got their education at a "kinesiology" institute. It doesn't get much more sketchy than that.

*Not in any way addressed to those who know they have diagnosed thyroid abnormalities because they actually spoke with a physician and ran a T4.

because actual doctors are evil bastards who don't care anything about your health and are just out for your money. Right, right?

:angry-banghead:

Too much time on a "natural" FB page makes me feel bitter, sometimes.

Thyroid diseases seem to be the new diagnosis de jour. Tired? Your thyroid is off. Bad memory? Your thyroid is off. Broken leg? Your thyroid is off.*

*Not in any way addressed to those who know they have diagnosed thyroid abnormalities because they actually spoke with a physician and ran a T4.

Yep, pick your reason- unhealthy gut, gluten, too many antibiotics, thyroid, ect....

ETA- I was worn out and suspected it might be thyroid, because of a family history, but after bloodwork it turned out to be mild anemia and recovery from a virus. That's a big danger about not going to a medical doctor before trying other things, your diagnosis may not be right at all and you can do more damage by ignoring the actual problem.

I'm imagining a "metabolic typing advisor" advising someone on the best time to type to optimize their typing skills. "now in the morning you'll have the energy for full on touch typing, but in the afternoon as your blood sugar lags you'll be better off picking at the keyboard with two fingers and allowing your words per minute to drop......."

Yep, pick your reason- unhealthy gut, gluten, too many antibiotics, thyroid, ect....

ETA- I was worn out and suspected it might be thyroid, because of a family history, but after bloodwork it turned out to be mild anemia and recovery from a virus. That's a big danger about not going to a medical doctor before trying other things, your diagnosis may not be right at all and you can do more damage by ignoring the actual problem.

Gluten is a thing for some people though. Celiac disease is a real thing. I hate these quacks that make it sound fake.

Gluten is a thing for some people though. Celiac disease is a real thing. I hate these quacks that make it sound fake.

Exactly my problem with it. When illnesses become fads, they make people who really have medical problems look like they are just hypochondriacs.

AND- when people think that diets will cure everything they make people with real medical problems feel bad or at least frustrated.

Ok, how do you prove you've cured Leaky Gut Syndrome when Leaky Gut Syndrome can't even be proven? That should be your first clue that something's off.

Archived