IGNORED

Allume

He went on to share how, with the proper use of a fork, he nibbled at a delicious mudcake he’d bought in a cafe. He was enjoying himself until he noticed a little girl seated in front of him–about to eat the same mudcake. The big difference? The child feasted on the mudcake. She plunged in with both hands and reveled in it.

Something about this story sank deep into me today. How often I’ve avoided truly feasting on my life because I’m so caught up with the proper use of knife and fork.

What the fuck? There are reasons you don't let small children plunge their hands into cake in public and shove it in their faces. It's not cute, it's not appealing, it disgusts everyone not related to them and one day ickle pwesus will have to learn to use a knife and fork and avoid revolting fellow patrons of eating establishments to the extent that they lean over and vomit into their meals.

How is this a good metaphor for anything? Correct use of the knife and fork becomes a habit. Fuck, I can even use chopsticks without thinking about it nowadays. So was the moral here we should ignore all ingrained politeness and behave like gobbling bastards? :?

Archived