IGNORED

Video of alleged Mormon temple endowment ceremony

artmama

I have a Mormon family I'm close to, they have been true friends for decades. I will never ever discuss their religion with them. I enjoy sharing holiday dinners with them and family celebrations. Because of them, and only because of them I extend kindness to missionaries who knock at my door. Like Funnyhat, I don't engage them in religious discussions but do invite them in for a bit of shade and a cool drink in the summer, or to dry out in front of the fire during the winter.

That being said I'm changing my ground rules and the next time some missionaries come knocking, I do want to discuss this video with them. Perhaps even ask them to view it on the small screen.

Its becoming harder and harder for you to invite then into your home unless your husband (0r older adult male) is there to chaperone. I think that the church covering their legal bases by doing this. Its a shame that I can no longer give them a cool play to sit for a few min. But, the patio works out well for the most part. It is enclosed in the winger with a little space heater so it stays around 60F in there all day long. My grandmother is able to sweet talk them to do yard work for her. I may have to get in on that tradition. I hate pulling thorny weeds.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Obama was a Mormon, conservatives would be using this video to prove how he is a cult member who is just trying to become president so he can persecute the "real" Christians. But since it is their canidate who is a Mormon, you end up with people like Billy Graham supporting Mitt and trying to make everyone forget that he used to talk bad about Mormons.

Yep

Archived