IGNORED

some bradrick/botkin/serven babies (pics)

Pclee

I had the exact same thought as Tabitha2. "My precioooous!"

JFC could be right too, though—you never know how they'll turn out as adults. She could end up being modelesque. Editorial model, perhaps, but...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bradrick kids are cute, even though most of them look like their dad. I guess old big ears was cuter as a baby than he is now. As for the Botkin baby, boy has she lucked on in the looks department. She seems to have inherited the worst bits of her parents.

If you cover up the dress, Miss Geneva looks very much like a little boy. I think it might be the cleft chin, which isn't often flattering on females.

If you cover up the dress, Miss Geneva looks very much like a little boy. I think it might be the cleft chin, which isn't often flattering on females.

And hers seems more pronounced than the boys' chins, poor thing. I know a lot of people like that chin dimple look, but I'm pretty glad I don't have one.

I dunno, I think she is cute, cleft chin and all. Kelly's cleft chin is distinctive and attractive - she seems to have passed it on to all of her kids (thus far anyway).

Totally agree. That is one dodgy looking baby.

However, I could see her growing into a stunning adult. Her strong features and unusual look don't make for a sweet baby, but they might well make her into an teen/adult who looks great. I'm seeing potential there. Her mum and dad are both striking looking in different ways. She's not going to be a conventional beauty, but...

I agree. The combover effect doesn't help - they should give her a bit of a trim.

Those three little Severn babies look like they just figured out they were born into fundiedom and are not pleased with the situation at all. Especially the girls.

Is it possible to be wrapped around your daughters little finger and also be a faithful father?

Does this mean he's gonna cheat on his daughter with other babies or what?

Yeah, I thought that was weird. I'm guessing he's worried that he will have a hard time with "biblical discipline" and she will wind up perfectly happy and normal hopelessly spoiled, meaning he will have failed at being a good patriarch.

Yeah, I thought that was weird. I'm guessing he's worried that he will have a hard time with "biblical discipline" and she will wind up perfectly happy and normal hopelessly spoiled, meaning he will have failed at being a good patriarch.

Yeah, I took it to mean he may have a harder time beating the snot out of her when she dares venture off the blanket.

Yeah, I took it to mean he may have a harder time beating the snot out of her when she dares venture off the blanket.

Personally, I think it's all staging. He doesn't care anything about her because she's a girl. He doesn't care if she is ever happy or smart. She's just a girl.

What I found weird was his mention that he would get back to the audience "in several decades" to give us an update on how it all turned out. In several decades, Geneva will be a woman in her 30's or older. Guess this means Geneva's gonna go the route of the Botkin sisters.

The botkin baby looks like a little gnome, she's sort of ugly/cute. She would show better if she was not being clutched by her odd looking, crazy-eyed, we-procreated-by-side-hugging parents. Put her in a some footy PJ's and a little red hat and pose her under a small tree, she'll be adorable.

Steven Rebecca Loomis posted on Seppi's Facebook, about Nehemiah "learning" from his mother (because Nehemiah is still young enough that he may be permitted to learn from his mother, a mere female):

He's been meeting lots of friends (such as the Seppi Family!). And so, we have much opportunity to apply this verse. He needs know his father’s friends… home-discipleship, like life itself, starts at conception! -S

Home-discipleship starts at conception? Phew. Any ideas I had about Steven being a little more west-coast, loosey-goosey dominionist are out the ole window. I can't imagine what fun Fetus Nimmers had, listening to his father read daily devotions in the general direction of Rebecca's uterus, from conception day forward.

These people seem to be having a great time - always smiling, always shiny - and yet I can't imagine having fun with a constant focus on Taking Dominion, Advancing Their Christ's Kingdom, and Being Pure. I enjoy visiting as much as a normal person, but their vigorous schedule would take the joy out of it.

Well, that's just me. And I get sour looking at babies when my juniors' hearts are breaking. Probably best to stay away from baby topics in future.

The botkin baby looks like a little gnome, she's sort of ugly/cute. She would show better if she was not being clutched by her odd looking, crazy-eyed, we-procreated-by-side-hugging parents. Put her in a some footy PJ's and a little red hat and pose her under a small tree, she'll be adorable.

That totally reminded me of a story I wrote a while ago, when I was about 13, about a town of people who were so incredibly fundie they made the Maxwells look normal. They invented a machine where two people get in and it gets the woman pregnant, as they were so fundie that seeing their partner naked or having sex, even in marriage was a sin.

I always liked Rebecca. She lost a baby at 5 months gestation and now she's got a really cute baby from this guy that is a complete jack-hole. I had high hopes for him, too, being the more liberal west-coasty. But he's just determined to "honor" her voluntary role as a keeper at home. He's an idiot. She's much smarter than he is and could support their family with her homemaking skills.

For a second I thought that said faithful husband and I was like "oh eww, what is it with fundy men and their daughters?"

If being head over heels in love with your daughter* puts you at odds with how you think you should be parenting her, maybe you need to rethink this parenting deal...

*like actually loving her, not this "I like you so much that I beat you" crap that's unsurprisingly similar to what abusive husbands say when asked why they tried to murder their wives

Awww. I think Baby Girl Botkin is very cute. That mischievous grin is adorable. But I tend to find "different looking" people particularly interesting.

The Bradrick kids are cute too. I know they look like their dad, but I've never found his physical aspect bad. For me, his ugly shines from the inside out. Exactly the opposite of saying a plain looking person has "a great personality."

The Serven babies are sweet. I sincerely hope it is just an awkward/badly timed photo and they aren't as unhappy as they look there.

I think the Bradrick kids have dead eyes.

The oldest's eyes look less dead and more severe. His coping mechanism must be different.

The girl still is young enough that it doesn't show yet.

Yeah, Peter. Look at those eyes and be afraid, because it looks like you are crushing them.

I always liked Rebecca. She lost a baby at 5 months gestation and now she's got a really cute baby from this guy that is a complete jack-hole. I had high hopes for him, too, being the more liberal west-coasty. But he's just determined to "honor" her voluntary role as a keeper at home. He's an idiot. She's much smarter than he is and could support their family with her homemaking skills.

I probably oughta start a separate topic for this. ;) I came here despite my vow not to read about any more uber-fertile dominionists while infertility plagues my family. But I did. So here arre my responses:

Wondering, are we sure that Rebecca was that far along when she miscarried "Baby Joy"? It's a question of no real importance, I just didn't remember that we ever figured it out.

I enjoyed Rebecca's blogging when she was Under Her Father's UmbrellaOfAuthoriteh but I don't see where she's any smarter than Loomis The First Dominionist of Loomii. (Yes, I"m in a particularly snide mood today! :D )

LIke her father, Steven comes from a broken home. I'm pretty sure I saw his dad and his dad's new wife/galpal walk down the aisle at their wedding -- Mrs. Dr. Loomis, RN, sure gave the two of them the stinkeye when she was seated next to them.

So I think Steven and Marcus both embrace patriarchy because they are determined not to sin like their fathers sinned, and no, they probably never talked to their dads about what went wrong in their marriages, instead they probably just fell for the first gawdly man in authoriteh who promised the stability they lacked in their childhood.

Doesn't make them dumb, just deceived. And now they are deceivers, which makes it all worse ... yeah, I think I will start another topic on this. "Dominionist/fundie couples - who's the smarter one?" Meanwhile, no offenses meant, I hope I haven't done so! -- it's just an intriguing topic for me. Kthx for your patience!

I probably oughta start a separate topic for this. ;) I came here despite my vow not to read about any more uber-fertile dominionists while infertility plagues my family. But I did. So here arre my responses:

Wondering, are we sure that Rebecca was that far along when she miscarried "Baby Joy"? It's a question of no real importance, I just didn't remember that we ever figured it out.

I enjoyed Rebecca's blogging when she was Under Her Father's UmbrellaOfAuthoriteh but I don't see where she's any smarter than Loomis The First Dominionist of Loomii. (Yes, I"m in a particularly snide mood today! :D )

LIke her father, Steven comes from a broken home. I'm pretty sure I saw his dad and his dad's new wife/galpal walk down the aisle at their wedding -- Mrs. Dr. Loomis, RN, sure gave the two of them the stinkeye when she was seated next to them.

So I think Steven and Marcus both embrace patriarchy because they are determined not to sin like their fathers sinned, and no, they probably never talked to their dads about what went wrong in their marriages, instead they probably just fell for the first gawdly man in authoriteh who promised the stability they lacked in their childhood.

Doesn't make them dumb, just deceived. And now they are deceivers, which makes it all worse ... yeah, I think I will start another topic on this. "Dominionist/fundie couples - who's the smarter one?" Meanwhile, no offenses meant, I hope I haven't done so! -- it's just an intriguing topic for me. Kthx for your patience!

No offenses taken! This board is not for the thin-skinned! :)

I guess I didn't know the history on the Loomis father or the Serven father. Interesting. So is Steven's father a doctor?

As for Rebecca's miscarriage, IIRC she lost the baby in April (right around the time Beth had her first daughter) and at one point they had said she was due early Fall, so I just sort of assumed that meant September/October-ish. I'm not sure why I thought she was 5 months along but she was probably at least 4.

It annoys me that she was a great blogger until she got married and now their lives are a big secret. I'm sure she's got a presence somewhere on a mothering board -- would love to find out where.

Wondering in WA, thanks! Yes, that timeline makes sense and I do remember it being determined.

Steven's mom has earned a doctoral degree in nursing. She and his dad are divorced, have no idea for how long. When I crashed their wedding, I saw a couple led down the aisle and seated on the groom's side; after them, Steven walked his mom down the aisle and seated her - as far as I could tell, I was not near the front of church!!! - next to them, and there was a definite unhappy look on her face.

Steven has at least a brother who we hoped was not kool-aid-immersed since he appeared at a pre- or post-wedding family dinner (at home) in a t-shirt and wasn't in tiptop, we-are-the-heirs-of-creation-and-we-eat-like-Doug-Phillips-tells-us-to shape. We then hoped that maybe his mom was also not koolaided, since she was next to the brother at the table, did not have uncut hair and had that horribly worldly advanced degree.

But somewhere in memory there was evidence of his mom belonging to a congregation similar to the SRLoomises' congregation, if not the exact same congregation. Pretty sure the mom is also in northern/central California, where the family moved after beginning in mid-MIssouri. Missouri University in Columbia has always had a strong nursing program so I'm guessing that was part of the mom's education.

Wow, yeah, to find Rebecca on a mothering board. Even if Steven permits her that, it's probably private. They all went private a few years ago, he-heh, he-heh.

OK, now I'm really logged off for the time being. ;) :D

Wondering in WA, thanks! Yes, that timeline makes sense and I do remember it being determined.

Steven's mom has earned a doctoral degree in nursing. She and his dad are divorced, have no idea for how long. When I crashed their wedding, I saw a couple led down the aisle and seated on the groom's side; after them, Steven walked his mom down the aisle and seated her - as far as I could tell, I was not near the front of church!!! - next to them, and there was a definite unhappy look on her face.

Steven has at least a brother who we hoped was not kool-aid-immersed since he appeared at a pre- or post-wedding family dinner (at home) in a t-shirt and wasn't in tiptop, we-are-the-heirs-of-creation-and-we-eat-like-Doug-Phillips-tells-us-to shape. We then hoped that maybe his mom was also not koolaided, since she was next to the brother at the table, did not have uncut hair and had that horribly worldly advanced degree.

But somewhere in memory there was evidence of his mom belonging to a congregation similar to the SRLoomises' congregation, if not the exact same congregation. Pretty sure the mom is also in northern/central California, where the family moved after beginning in mid-MIssouri. Missouri University in Columbia has always had a strong nursing program so I'm guessing that was part of the mom's education.

Wow, yeah, to find Rebecca on a mothering board. Even if Steven permits her that, it's probably private. They all went private a few years ago, he-heh, he-heh.

OK, now I'm really logged off for the time being. ;) :D

How did I miss that you crashed their wedding -- that's EXCELLENT! I had to be satisfied just watching the live stream and as I recall it didn't work very well for me so I got bored with it and just walked away. I do remember seeing some photos of the brother that Steven used to have online somewhere -- seems like they traveled Europe together or something like that. And Steven used to be pretty hefty, but I guess Rebecca's influence has him slimmed down a lot.

Ooooh Wondering in Washington. It was epic.

We waited by our blinking screens for every live update from the amazing covert MJB herself.

It was very Orson Welles.

Archived