IGNORED

some bradrick/botkin/serven babies (pics)

Pclee

from facebook

[attachment=2]geneva.jpg[/attachment]

I brought my little Geneva Constance to work with me for the first time today. This little girl looks like a clone of her mommy and has a total firecracker personality. I feel like I am looking into a time machine of my wife as a child as I watch Geneva dance around my office. Is it possible to be wrapped around your daughters little finger and also be a faithful father? I'll let you know in a several decades how it turns out.

[attachment=1]bradrickboys.jpg[/attachment]

Do you see what I see? No, not just three adorable little boys dressed up like soldiers in this picture. I asked them the other day what they wanted to be. One said a cowboy. Another said a race car driver. And the third grunted, nodded, and smiled. I don't see soldiers, or race car drivers, or cowboys, or even just little boys with searching eyes. I am crushed with what I see. Those eyes are looking at me. Those ears are listening to me. And I know that what they really need, they will not get from me. What I see is the greatest potential for success I have ever seen. I also see the greatest potential for failure I can possibly imagine. Oh God, help me to faithfully point these precious sons of mine to their perfect father as those eyes keep searching.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they're all really cute. But wonder if they've deliberately tried to style baby-Botkin's hair just like daddy's?

I think baby Botkin just got daddy's forehead. Combined with (possibly) mommy's nose, it's a bit of an unfortunate look on a baby (IMO). She may need a little time to grow into her features, but at least she looks happy in that pic.

WTF is Peter on about that Geneva is a "clone" of Kelly? That child looks exactly like him. A little less so now that her hair isn't red anymore, but still. He also makes it sound like he knew his wife as a child, which I'm pretty sure he didn't. I actually think his youngest soldier-boy looks more like Kelly than Geneva Convention does, but of course that can't be because he is a manly boy-child :roll:

I think baby Botkin just got daddy's forehead. Combined with (possibly) mommy's nose, it's a bit of an unfortunate look on a baby (IMO). She may need a little time to grow into her features, but at least she looks happy in that pic.

I think she looks mischievous, and that makes me nervous for her future :-?

The combover definately doesn't help her though...

These are some seriously pink and white babies.

Were you expecting something else? And if so, do tell. :mrgreen:

Do you see what I see? No, not just three adorable little boys dressed up like soldiers in this picture. I asked them the other day what they wanted to be. One said a cowboy. Another said a race car driver. And the third grunted, nodded, and smiled. I don't see soldiers, or race car drivers, or cowboys, or even just little boys with searching eyes. I am crushed with what I see. Those eyes are looking at me. Those ears are listening to me. And I know that what they really need, they will not get from me. What I see is the greatest potential for success I have ever seen. I also see the greatest potential for failure I can possibly imagine. Oh God, help me to faithfully point these precious sons of mine to their perfect father as those eyes keep searching.

As much as I dislike everything Peter and Kelly Bradrick stand for, and I think they're equals to Doug in their tooliness, I can sympathize with this statement. I occasionally have moments of paralyzing fear that I'm not up to the task of raising my son, and I'm going to screw him up somehow. Nice to see something of the human about Doug the Tool's sidekick.

Leave it to a fundy to turn an adorable picture into something unnecessarily

depressing. Those boys are just looking into the camera because I'm sure some adult said, "Look over here and smile!", not because they are desperately searching for God's purpose in life, or whatever.

Can someone identify the Serven kids? I know the older one and the one to her left are Beth's. And I think the one in the front is probably Meredith and Peter's. But whose is the other girl? And Rebecca and Steven's baby is a boy, so he's not in the photo.

Oh, wait, never mind (duh!). The baby to the older girl's left is a boy! Didn't notice that! So that's Rebecca's son. Boy, does he look like he could be a child of Beth. They are all cute. The Servens make pretty children.

Aww, all babies are cute to me, but I can see what you mean. I think Baby Botkin will likely be a stunner when she gets older because I think Nadia's eyes and strong features with David's fair complexion will make her look very unique. And she does look happy. The Botkins aren't blanket trainers or plumbing line beaters, right? So maybe she'll stay happy a bit longer.

Aww, all babies are cute to me, but I can see what you mean. I think Baby Botkin will likely be a stunner when she gets older because I think Nadia's eyes and strong features with David's fair complexion will make her look very unique. And she does look happy. The Botkins aren't blanket trainers or plumbing line beaters, right? So maybe she'll stay happy a bit longer.

Meh. I've always felt that Nadia's eyes and "strong features" made her the "unfortunate" looking sister of the Noor clan, but yes, the baby does look happy.

Hair color aside, Geneva Convention is the spitting image of her father. RUN GENEVA, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Baby Botkin resembles a little elf. Probably my favorite of the bunch.

The Serven babies look like, er, pretty conventional babies.

Poor things. All will be raised in that wretched ideology.

I'm sorry,the Botkin baby is not cute. I like most babies and find most babies cute, but sadly she seems to have gotten the worst features from both parents. Maybe she will grow into her looks as someone else said, but she does not take after her aunts. (Don't even say I am being mean, you all know that baby is not cute. Maybe cute in an elfin way,but not in a baby way)

I agree about baby Botkin.I am not meaning to be harsh but that kid looks like Gollum in photo.I firmly believe a a baby can be beautiful to adoring parents and still homely.Hell, i was an ugly baby.It is what it is.

One more, from the Seppi Family FB page (sorry, can't figure out how to do a screen shot of the comments on the pic):

283445_4369828599553_938440052_n.jpg

Rebecca is teaching Nehemiah the verse: Do not forsake your own friend or your father's friend. (Proverbs 27:10) — with Steven Rebecca Loomis.

27 people like this.

Joshua N Shawna How is she teaching him>

October 15 at 6:02pm

Seppi Family Rebecca looks into Nehemiah's eyes and gives instruction as if he were much older.

October 15 at 7:42pm · 2

Teisha Priest I really believe that kids understand more than we give them credit for.

October 15 at 7:45pm · 2

Steven Rebecca Loomis He's been meeting lots of friends (such as the Seppi Family!). And so, we have much opportunity to apply this verse. He needs know his father’s friends… home-discipleship, like life itself, starts at conception! -S

October 15 at 9:36pm · 3

Meh. I've always felt that Nadia's eyes and "strong features" made her the "unfortunate" looking sister of the Noor clan, but yes, the baby does look happy.

Agreed. I think the baby's cute-ish, though she seems to have inherited both parents' sad, rimmed eyes.

I think she will stand out at VF girl gatherings at least.I don't think that is considered a plus for a young lady in these circles though.

Are the Bradricks, Botkins & Servens all related through various marriages? ...maybe a stupid question but the title made me wonder...

Geoffrey Botkin believes in hitting children with "the rod" so, unfortunately, there's a good chance David Botkin thinks the same way.

Are the Bradricks, Botkins & Servens all related through various marriages? ...maybe a stupid question but the title made me wonder...

No, not yet! But they are all faithful followers of Dougie (Is a Tool) Phillips of Vision Forum, so maybe that's considered a marriage of sorts.

No, not yet! But they are all faithful followers of Dougie (Is a Tool) Phillips of Vision Forum, so maybe that's considered a marriage of sorts.

Thanks! I didn't think they were but once the women marry and take the man's name I have no clue who their family of origin is. Took me forever to figure out which family Kelly B came from. Still working on the "family tree" of sorts with all these fundies. :lol:

I'm sorry,the Botkin baby is not cute. I like most babies and find most babies cute, but sadly she seems to have gotten the worst features from both parents. Maybe she will grow into her looks as someone else said, but she does not take after her aunts. (Don't even say I am being mean, you all know that baby is not cute. Maybe cute in an elfin way,but not in a baby way)

Totally agree. That is one dodgy looking baby.

However, I could see her growing into a stunning adult. Her strong features and unusual look don't make for a sweet baby, but they might well make her into an teen/adult who looks great. I'm seeing potential there. Her mum and dad are both striking looking in different ways. She's not going to be a conventional beauty, but...

Archived