IGNORED

Food that should never come from a can?

OkToBeTakei

French bread, crescent rolls (whatever that is.) PLEASE tell me it isn't so!

I just saw the recipe for the Shit in a biscuit, Duggars nouvelle cuisine :shock:

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Is that like Pilsbury dough? I remember that from about 20 years ago, though I wasn't into cooking then so I never thought about how it got in the can, or if it was a good idea it put it there. :D

I do recall many years ago Croissant in a tin thing, but not seen that in a long time. Not that we do not have some seriously bad tin food (All day breakfast anyone?)

But I am seriously amazed at what you can get in a tin when I read some of these blogs. Or should I say I am seriously amazed that somebody would use it :lol:

Pretty sure it's what the rest of us call a "croissant", but seriuosly I think they are reaching new lows with that foul looking concoction.

Personally I eat hardly any canned food (except a few veggies/fruits during winter) and I absolutely cringe at the thought of any meat out of a can.

Oh yeah, croissant, biscuits, cinnamon rolls and cookies all come out of a tin/tube like that around here.

Mushrooms should Never be canned. The texture of a canned mushroom is just depressing. Peaches, asparagus, pears, green beans and other normally pleasant fruits and veggies should not be subjected to such water logged hell, either.

I generally avoid meat in a can (although I can handle tuna, occasionally), the thoughts of a whole chicken in a can really turns my stomach.

I generally avoid meat in a can (although I can handle tuna, occasionally), the thoughts of a whole chicken in a can really turns my stomach.

I didn't even know that was a thing until I started following fundies. Then somebody posted a photo for my reference. I haven't been the same since. :puke-front:

I am guilty of using breads from a tube on occasion, though, especially pizza dough.

So let me get this straight they wrapped canned chicken in canned croissants covered it in canned soup, was the cheese real?

I think I'm going to be sick. :shock:

So let me get this straight they wrapped canned chicken in canned croissants covered it in canned soup, was the cheese real?

Kind of like a cup of cold vomit dumped over a fray bentos pie and baked.

I am curled up on the sofa with an upset stomach. I should not have read this thread. Bleeurghh.

I think there was a large measuring cup with what might've been grated cheese, but they could've just as easily been referring to Velveeta mixed in with the sauce. The shots they showed of the final product didn't make it clear to me where the cheese was or in what form.

Hey, you started this thread. :lol:

I am guilty of the occasional spam dish...I dont know why I like it, I just do.

Don't feel bad. Because I grew up eating it, I hate spam but my kids love it. My mom was a single parent so ate plenty of spam, tuna casseroles and beans-lots and lots of beans. For some odd reasons, vegetables were always cooked to mush too.

I've used the Italian bread in a tin before. It doesn't taste bad but I wouldn't exactly call my taste buds sophisticated. As I've gotten older, I've tried really hard to eat more fresh vegetables and fruit and improve my eating habits but sometimes, I like the processed, bad for you food too. I've tried to teach my kids to like nonprocessed foods and am happy to say that they consider most of the food from my youth either too salty or too sweet. However, I can't explain why they like spam. :?

Pampered Chef has a lot of canned chicken recipes. I've tried it. Canned chicken has a slightly slimy feel to it and doesn't really taste like chicken to me. It comes in chunks also which is unpleasantly like dog food. I don't know why anyone wouldn't just buy a rotisserie(spelling?) chicken from the deli. It doesn't take long to tear it apart.

I think there was a large measuring cup with what might've been grated cheese, but they could've just as easily been referring to Velveeta mixed in with the sauce. The shots they showed of the final product didn't make it clear to me where the cheese was or in what form.

Hey, you started this thread. :lol:

:lol: Very true

I am guilty of the occasional spam dish...I dont know why I like it, I just do.

I've heard spam tastes closest to human flesh. Enjoy that ;)

There is a good use for crescent (the only way that they resemble croissants are the shape) rolls in a tin - the base for veggie pizza. Yum.

I've heard spam tastes closest to human flesh. Enjoy that ;)

Loool, nice. I think only Smuggars would be that salty though. ;)

In the south, you can buy pig's feet in a pink goo. Hand to heaven that is true. It comes in a jar. I used to see it more when I was a kid than I see it now.

Pigs_Feet.jpg

French bread, crescent rolls (whatever that is.) PLEASE tell me it isn't so!

I just saw the recipe for the Shit in a biscuit, Duggars nouvelle cuisine :shock:

"Crescent rolls" is a name brand for Pillsbury's croissants.

Archived