IGNORED

Whiner blog.

OkToBeTakei

disclaimer - that post was entirely tounge in cheek and just meant to amuse anyone who knows why I bothered

but the swearing stands

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
och, yer a dreich and dour bunch a eejits

haverin and fritterin o'er the venacular like

I liked the whinging and girning , it made me feel aw nostalgic fur ma hame

(just remember that James fucking Kelman won the fucking Booker prize...)

Yous havering, and aye dour they are. One must point out I would use fer for fur. :lol:

Just made me laugh. I think I have been marginalised for my vernacular. But you know? I don't really give a flying..because life is too short. Tis fine. :D

Thanks for posting this! It's weird, but this blog makes me appreciate my privilege more than the knowledge of starving children in Africa. (Not that I'm heartless or that it has no effect) It helps me to see how easily one gets used to their own standard of living- compares themselves with those who have as much or a little more, and how ridiculous it all is. Yes, my house is less than half the size of theirs, and while I don't complain about it, per se, I've been known to curse the cream carpet and it's incompatibility with pets and children. It's a good reminder that it's just stuff.

Thanks for posting this! It's weird, but this blog makes me appreciate my privilege more than the knowledge of starving children in Africa. (Not that I'm heartless or that it has no effect) It helps me to see how easily one gets used to their own standard of living- compares themselves with those who have as much or a little more, and how ridiculous it all is. Yes, my house is less than half the size of theirs, and while I don't complain about it, per se, I've been known to curse the cream carpet and it's incompatibility with pets and children. It's a good reminder that it's just stuff.

Thank you for posting this! I was getting worked up to post something snippy about her "tiny" laundry room, and your post made me realize, I don't have a laundry room but I do have a washer and dryer and lots of people (LOTS of people) do not.

It's still fun to roll my eyes at her whinging, but also good to remember that many people would roll their eyes at my complaints.

Thanks again.

Guest Anonymous
Want to get really pissed off? Then read her post about unpacking the Georgia house... every other sentence is complaining about how small the 4000 square foot house is. zachsgang.blogspot.com/2012/02/still-unpacking.html

She must be a real peach to be around.

That house she thumbs her nose at is so gorgeous I had to stop looking at the pictures. What a spoiled brat to complain about how "tiny" that place is.

That house she thumbs her nose at is so gorgeous I had to stop looking at the pictures. What a spoiled brat to complain about how "tiny" that place is.

No kidding - I wish I could just shake her. From the descriptions, you'd think they were all squished into a little RV. :roll: She reminds me of a woman I knew on another board, who was whining because her husband said she could ONLY spend $50,000.00 on window treatments for their new house. That's not a typo - that's fifty thousand. :shock:

When we bought our old house several years ago, we thought we were in a freaking mansion after years of apartments. We had 1500 sq feet - even a second bathroom, off of the master bedroom! For me, MrKay, BoyKay, and sometimes GirlKay, it ended up actually being just too much room. We'd bought it with the intentions of having family over all the time, but due to sudden tragedy, that never happened. In the end, it felt like we were rattling around in that house. We ended up foreclosing, because MrKay lost his job unexpectedly, after several months of trying to stretch an ever-shrinking budget (he was an independent contractor, and had had a contract for several years with the same company, which we never expected to change). We moved to a TINY dungeon of a basement apartment, and are now in a nicer, bigger apartment. I would pimp out MrKay in exchange for a small, private laundry room, and a backyard far from the road for the kids to play in.

I try VERY hard to be grateful every day for what we have, because even though others think that they could never stand it, it's so much more than what I HAVE had at times. If a family were plucked from Africa, or out of a homeless shelter, and into my place, they'd think they were in heaven. It's clean, we have heat, hydro, beds, and I'm working on organizing it - I have to be creative, but that can be fun, and it's so worth it when people are amazed at what I've done with a small or awkward space. It's one thing to daydream and admire things that we'd like to have, but so many of these "Godly" women seem to never be happy unless they can pity themselves or find something to whine about.

First off my Hovel is smaller than her garage. Secondly, if this house is so unsuitable and poorly designed why the hell did she choose it?

ETA: On the house hunt writing she said it was the perfect house! So much WTF so little time.

That kitchen and the whole house is absolutely lovely. I lived hotels, occasionally in just single rooms with my parents for 8 years. The house I live in now is probably 1500 square feet now and it feels massive. I can't imagine having a bigger house.

That lady is crazy.

THAT kitchen is "small and cramped"? SMALL and CRAMPED? Holy cow. This must be the most spoiled QFer in existence. I wonder what she would say about the poorly designed, grubby, late-80s-and-oh-does-it-ever-show kitchen of the house we're renting. I would sell an organ for a kitchen like hers, and I don't even like to cook!

ETA that I sympathize with her on exactly one point: a tiny laundry room with no room to maneuver is a royal pain in the ass. Our condo laundry room was smaller than that and the bane of my existence while we lived there. I could barely get in the door when holding a full basket. Still, I was glad to have laundry in unit.

Why did they buy this house if it's so "cramped" and ill-suited to their needs? I can't believe the self-indulgent whinging in that blog.

Their kitchen looks to be slightly bigger than the kitchen in my parents' house, and it is definitely NOT cramped, even when my parents have dozens of people to cook for because of a party or something. The house I grew up in had a kitchen so small that you had to step out of it to open the dishwasher.

Lady, your house isn't too small. You just have too much crap.

It looks like her kitchen is larger than the entire living room/dining room/kitchen area of my home, and our washer and dryer are in the kitchen because there is no laundry room. My heart bleeds for her.

Maybe this whiner and Esther Shrader could do a wife swap and she could really see what cramped meant.

Oh, the poor dear. Living in such squalor. A mere 4000 sq ft of squalor, at that.

First, this woman is bragging. She is presenting it as a complaint, but she is bragging. Oh the pride (which goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall -- went to a church where a pastor used that correction quite often in order to shame/humiliate the new people by pointing out that they don't really know their Bible. Nice, huh?)

Second, I don't doubt that she wails "why me, why me" when she has more than most people, including the incredible privilege of (her husband) being able to look for a job while still employed. But, I would guess it's the possibility that she might lose "God's visible favor" rather than the horror of living in her gorgeous manse and her husband not loving every waking moment of his life is the impetus for her cries to the LORD. Just six months ago she was incensed by the cheap window coverings the previous owners left; how will she be judged if she had to downsize to the approx median house size of 2,000 sq ft (http://www.census.gov/const/C25Ann/sfto ... vgsqft.pdf)? A small house? Her sins revealed!

That's a lovely house. She needs to learn contentment. My parents once bought a 3500 square foot house when they were flipping houses and it felt like vacuuming miles and miles of carpet. My mother was so glad when they sold that one.

Dang I want her "problem" kitchen, seems pretty sweet to me. Funny that teeny, tiny desk, is almost identical to one of the ones they use upstairs. I swear she has her priorities all out of wack, or she is full o crap and knows she is whinging just for the pats on her head and the poor you's. I admit total confuse about the "kitchens" though, is she going to have two?

Sad to know that my 12-year old is being asked questions about and being led to believe that it's OK for him to be a homosexual.

zachsgang.blogspot.co.uk/2010_06_01_archive.html

Yup, she just got worse.

Oh that poor, poor woman. *rolls eyes* My house, or trailer rather, is nowhere near that large. I would LOVE to have a larger house (HOUSE not trailer) but it's not for us atm. I'm fine with that. Whining about what you don't like doesn't change things, it just makes you look like a jerk!

Exactly! We moved from an 800 sq.ft. apartment to this house, and the amount of space seemed positively luxurious! Now it's filled to the rafters with stuff we accumulated since we got here. It's complicated by the fact that dh is a packrat at heart and ds has inherited the tendency. We really need to do a serious decluttering and destashing, not move to a bigger house.

Stuff multiplies exceptionally. I swear it dose it on its own like rabbits but without all the sex. Now if only I could get a NSF grant to prove this.

Guest Anonymous

Yup, she just got worse.

That's just awful. The moral indignation at being asked a straightforward question! And then pride at her kids having a shitty abstinence-only education! (I know, that's a lot of exclamation marks).

I mean, we live in a very conservative area- an area that, up until now, I haven't had to worry about condoms being passed out or, for that matter, even mentioned in school. An area where forms are sent home for permission to show my kids any "controversial" material pertaining to their growth and development (which has been very appropriate and I have had no concerns over).

It's pretty clear that her kids have already had some kind of sex ed, but don't worry, nobody's mentioned condoms or anything even vaguely useful.

Also, why does her husband's name vary between 'Zack' and 'Zach'?

Yup, she just got worse.

Where to start...

~Her house is gorgeous, and more than twice the size of mine. Entitled little princess isn't she?

~She makes it sound like her 12 year old doesn't even know what homosexuality is. Say wha???

I think it's great that the doctors give kids a chance to answer questions apart from their parents, and contrary to what her daughter believes, it is not so they can be "sneaky" and find out if the kids are lying to their parents. It's so they can offer medical care based on an accurate portrayal of the patients lifestyle.

Also, I find it highly intrusive that she ambushed her 17 year old for answers about what was discussed between her and her doctor. That is none of her business. When my daughter is 17 her doctor won't have to have a nurse slip her away for a moment to answer questions. I will gladly provide her with the privacy she needs to discuss her concerns with her health care providers.

"The laundry room is so small that I've had to put clothes baskets in a closet across from the laundry room. It's killing me right now, but I know that I will eventually get used to it :/" :violin: :roll:

You know what kills? Having to choose between paying some of your way-overdue electricity bill or buying groceries (essentially, choosing between keeping your kids warm or feeding them). And call me a cynic, but I don't buy for one second her excuse of, "oh, I used to be so ungrateful but I'm humble now." Lip service, much?

Archived