IGNORED

Whiner blog.

OkToBeTakei

It was some thing to the effect that it was very un Christ like to be happy that God had delivered a massive storm to people that she ought disagreed with her politically. And that I am sure the first responders would be relieved to know that they could just go home and not worry about the people suffering in the dark, because of course it was divine judgement for Obama's Israel policy. I think I also suggested that she sounded more compassionate when she was complaining about her 4000 sq foot house.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the NY devastation is punishment for us nasty liberals, how does this moron explain the hurricanes in the Southeast and and the tornadoes in the Midwest, both fairly conservative areas of the country? Does God hate them too?

If the NY devastation is punishment for us nasty liberals, how does this moron explain the hurricanes in the Southeast and and the tornadoes in the Midwest, both fairly conservative areas of the country? Does God hate them too?

You are trying to apply reason to unreasonable beliefs. Just does not work. Kind of like arguing with our Friday fundies.

Thanks Meda - of course your comment was also rational - but she sees it as PERSEKUSHUN.

My cousin posted something similar on FB yesterday, to the effect of "In biblical times, Sandy would be considered a SIGN...WAKE UP, AMERICA!!" :roll: Of course she got like 80 likes from her idiot friends. I wanted to say that maybe it was because in biblical times people didn't understand meteorology, but it's too close to christmas time to get into that shit with family.

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for the support! There is more and I will be posting it all tomorrow!

October 31, 2012 8:07 PM

From the comment section of her Tantrum post.

*sigh* I predict she found FJ and will call us all terribly bad names :(

a) Reading her public blog. Cos you know if we don't like it we don't have to read it. I never understand this argument. Quite obviously if I'm reading it I find it interesting. I may not agree with it, I may find it shocking in it's views. But hey ho It's public. Why will these bloggers never get this. If they are unwilling to publish what they write in a National newspaper then they need to realise the goalposts are not that much different.

b) We will be nasty people with no life. Because we spend the time critiquing blogs, bizarre religious and political extremists. It takes me less time to read them, than it probably does the bloggers to write them. Everybody needs a hobby. Mine is being constantly amazed how people can post about their lives and their kids. Who incidentally may not be happy about this in 20 plus years. The kid who poos everywhere is going to love to read that, and know so can everybody else.

c) There will be righteous indignation, she will be hurt, there will be some 'I know I am right because God helped me choose this path' and we are all obviously evil atheists.

d) Her friends will obviously post the appropriate supportive comments. Which will make her feel she is right. Whilst secretly hoping she goes back to posting pictures of her house. I really like her decorative style btw. One of the reasons I was drawn to the blog.

e) Anyway it will all end in her realising that the easiest thing to do is to make her blog private if she does not want any form of negative criticism. But this path will not be taken because you know it is HER right to blog and expect everybody to love it. After all it is supposed to 'encourage' others. Is that not what they all say?

I could be wrong, but hey we shall see :D

I want someone to complain on her blog about only having 5,000 square feet and that there is no bay window to sit in. Also her children don't have walk in closets lol.

I read for a while, but the complete lack of any substance drove me away. She posts nothing but vapid, trite whines.

Before the doctor ever even comes in, the nurse asks 5 million questions, mostly generic and pertaining to everything from the state of their bowels to their maternal grandfather's high cholesterol- no big deal, right? Well, yesterday, after asking my children about how their grades are in school and if they get along with their peers, the question that I NEVER expected to hear was asked....

and do you have a special GIRLFRIEND or BOYFRIEND?

(Please be aware that this question was addressed to each child, not simply asking my daughter if she has a boyfriend or my son if he has a girlfriend- which, by the way, I don't see any relevance in either. I mean, what would the next question be if they had said yes..... oh, would you like a condom?!)

So, I kept my mouth shut, only to find myself having to bite my tongue as she went on to explain to the kids that some people like people that are the same as them and that is not for the nurse or doctor to judge because it's OK.....

Erm...this idiot has absolutely NO FRICKIN' CLUE. The nurse couldn't have been asking about these things because LGBT teens often don't get assisted with relevant health issues because they're too afraid to talk about them or afraid of being judged. No, it couldn't be THAT! Yeesh.

And Jenny, as a matter of fact, the next question would not likely be "would you like a condom?" as you so charmingly put it - romantic relationships also can impact emotional health in children/teenagers, not just purely physical things. Of course, there are some things that need checked if a teenager is sexually active or considering sexual activity. Just little stuff like STI screenings or pregnancy tests. And yes, kids from Christian homes, including devoutly Christian homes, including fundie Christian homes, including any sort of Christian home you can think of can be sexually active or homosexual despite all parental disapproval. This has absolutely nothing to do with a "liberal agenda". It has to do with making sure that all relevant health issues are addressed. For example, if there's a chance a girl might be pregnant, the doctor needs to know that before giving certain medications/vaccinations or doing a test like an x-ray. As a nurse, I don't ask those kinds of questions because I have some sort of inappropriate interest/want to offend/want to push an agenda - it's part of a complete assessment to ensure the patient is cared for properly.

Arghhhhh, the stupid, it burns :angry-banghead:

Well, I would say by her latest entry she reads here :lol: If that is the case, we are evil and all the nasty things are going to be exposed.

Same old, same old.

Well, I would say by her latest entry she reads here :lol: If that is the case, we are evil and all the nasty things are going to be exposed.

Same old, same old.

I know!

And by "I am choosing to leave all the stuff going on about my blog alone for the moment, as I realize that this world is full of evil and nothing I do or say will ever change that."

I wonder if she actually means, the world is full of poor people who live in houses under 8,000 square feet.

I actually vaguely know why her husband was shafted from his former job in KC.

I know!

And by "I am choosing to leave all the stuff going on about my blog alone for the moment, as I realize that this world is full of evil and nothing I do or say will ever change that."

I wonder if she actually means, the world is full of poor people who live in houses under 8,000 square feet.

I actually vaguely know why her husband was shafted from his former job in KC.

I like the way she posted friends and family in italics. The irony of her blog being public for all to see, not just friends and family obviously still is passing her right by. I will never understand that.

But you know, evil people do like to make fun of public blogs for that very reason :lol:

I'm guessing the husbands office was not big enough Hehe.

i found out the answer to "zack or zach". on the picture of the hall table is a decorative piece with their last name- zacharewicz.

i hope like hell his name isn't zack/zach zacharewicz.

On the dangers of your kids having a Facebook. From the woman who has a public blog and posts roughly where she lives, photos of her home, her children. The irony is breathtaking :o

A stranger at our door

Oh my goodness. I was just reading some comments on my last blog post and one of them asked if I could tell the "Facebook" story.

Yes.... I can! And I will.

Despite the fact that I was warned not to, and despite the fact that it's an incredibly long and complicated story, I will still tell the story.

However, in the interest of time, I'm just going to give it to you in a nutshell- the details don't really matter anymore, and I don't want to get myself all worked up about it again anyway.

Besides, the main reason for sharing the story isn't to drag anyone through the mud, it's to make a point about the dangers of Facebook....

and all parents out there should know how easily this can happen.

Here goes:

I have 3 teenage daughters.

They each have their own accounts on Facebook (FB).

One of my daughters "accepted" a "friend request" from someone she didn't know.

That "friend" was from another country.... or so she said.

That "friend" had many of the same interests as my daughter.

That "friend" had several conversations with my daughter on FB and then mentioned that she might be coming to our town in the near future with a church group (at least, that was our understanding).

One night this past summer, we were sitting at our dinner table eating dinner when there was a knock at our front door.

To our complete and utter astonishment, we opened the door to find this "friend" standing on our doorstep.

She was alone. No church group. No family. No car. No transportation.

NO NOTHING.

In fact, she had walked to our house from a hotel she was staying in.....

about 12 miles away!

We were so completely in shock, that it took us a while to process the situation. After a little while I had the girls drive her back to her hotel.

She was a delightful young lady.

As soon as the girls returned, I began to question them as to how on earth this "friend" had found our house. I was very concerned that one of the girls had given out our address.

THEY HADN'T.

Now, I'm not going to go into all of the details that followed. As I stated, the story gets very long and complicated, as there were MANY lies being told to us. The issue of how this person found our house was just the beginning.

What I will tell you is that, after a couple of days of letting this young woman into our home and our lives, I began to realize that the questions we kept asking weren't being answered with things that made sense. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I know for a fact that there was some sort of harm intended for our family, but I finally became convinced that there were just too many questions and not enough answers to make me comfortable having this person around my children.

So, without any explanation to this person, we dropped her off at her hotel after she had joined us at our pool for the afternoon, and we headed straight to the police station.

Let me say again.... there were MANY things that happened that we couldn't understand, but through it all this person was absolutely lovely and sweet. I cried when I finally realized that I needed to get my family out of the situation- it was a very hard thing for me to go to the police.

A detective took our statement and then she ushered my daughter out the door.....she wanted to talk to my husband & me in private.

Her words were chilling, but they confirmed to me that we had made the right decision.

She told us that there is actually a lot of human-trafficking in our area.

She told us that they use people like this girl to gain other young girls' trust.

She told us to cut off ALL communications immediately.

We did.

We changed cell phone numbers and deleted this person from "friend" lists on FB.

She continued to try to contact us, worried that we were upset with her and she wanted a chance to explain.

We didn't want to hear more things that we couldn't trust.

In the end, she returned to her home.....

at least, we think she did.

But then, she must have, because a short time later I received an email from her so-called "lawyer," who, by the way, also claimed to be a pastor's wife.

The email was rather threatening- telling me that I had better not write a post about this person or legal action would be taken.

I can't prove it, but I'm pretty sure it was either the girl or a friend who wrote the email.

You see, I had been posting things on twitter about having to go to the police. I also tweeted that I would write up a post about it when I felt it was safe. My tweets come up on my blog.

She must have been reading my blog.

HOW did she get my blog address?

We don't know- WE didn't give it to her.

In fact, no one ever told her I had a blog.

There is no doubt that she had researched our family on the internet- to extreme lengths!

And that's just one of the MANY examples of scary things that was going on. She knew way to much about us.... we knew nothing about her.

But again, none of that matters anymore.

It does, however, prove how dangerous this entire situation was, or could have been.

I had let the girls drive her around without an adult.

She was in my home.

She knew where we lived.

It took me several weeks before I was comfortable letting the boys outside AT ALL, and even then they had to go out with an adult.

Because, if we were being targeted, I had no way of knowing which child was the TARGET.

Maybe someone wanted my baby.

Maybe someone wanted my daughter.

How the heck was I supposed to know?!

All I had been given were lies.

The point of all of this.....

DON'T EVER ACCEPT A "FRIEND REQUEST" FROM SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND PARENTS..... KNOW WHO YOUR CHILDREN ARE FRIENDS WITH!!!!!!

I'm not sure if "she" is still monitoring my blog, nor do I care anymore. I will not be threatened about speaking out about the dangers of Facebook! We may never know whether we were in a dangerous situation or not, but the fact that a stranger showed up on our doorstep, from another country, simply based on a Facebook "friend request," well, now THAT'S just scary!!!

On the dangers of your kids having a Facebook. From the woman who has a public blog and posts roughly where she lives, photos of her home, her children. The irony is breathtaking :o

Am I the only one who gets the impression that this sounds an awful like an urban legend? I'm not saying that something along these lines might have happen but seriously.

Yes, as a parent you should know who your children are friend with on facebook. But do you think that a group that is large enough and was organized enough to be known to the local police for human trafficking would miss a chance to snatch the girls when they were driving *the OMG perfectly normal looking but actually evil person* back to the hotel? And then stay in touch with the potential victims once they were found out?

Someone has been watching too many horror movies.

Yes it did appear to me to be quite dramatic. But considering her family and probably her daughters read her blog surely she wouldn't make that kind of stuff up?

Yes it did appear to me to be quite dramatic. But considering her family and probably her daughters read her blog surely she wouldn't make that kind of stuff up?

No, I don't think she made this up. I think that she is passing on a story that she believes happened to someone and thinks that it will help someone else in the future. However, this smacks of the emails that get forwarded warning people that a friend of a friend did something and narrowly escaped something horrible happen to them. I've seen email like this warning against people flashing their headlights at another car who doesn't have their lights on and getting murdered because the other car was full of gang member. A friend sat down in a public toilet and was stabbed with a needle that someone had planted there. A friend was walking to their car at night and someone slashed their ankle as they were opening their door. A person gave money to someone who was out of gas and their home address so they could return the money and later got robbed. And a good portion of these stories also have the tag line of I checked this out on Snopes and it is 110% true!!!

So the story has some very good advice in it. Know who your children are talking to on facebook. Be wary of strangers that just show up at your home. Not everyone is who they claim to be. And it is very easy to make a mistake that has dire results. But this still sounds like a story that has been heavily embellished.

This has to be said:

*IF* she allowed her daughter to befriend a total stranger on FB, and *IF* that person showed up without warning on their doorstep, and *IF* she then allowed her children to get in the car with this person *THEN* she might be the biggest fucking idiot on the planet. But that's just *IF*

4000 Sq Ft is "cozy"? My kids and I live quite happily in a 750 Sq Ft former hunting cabin. It was a bit of a squeeze at first, but with some prioritizing I was able to pare things down to just the essentials and still have lots of space.That said, the woman has 8 kids - she clearly likes to live large. :P

750 Sq Ft? That is impressive! I've seen those Texas tiny homes and actually would like to have one. But it would be just me and my 5 cats. Is it hard being in a space that small when there's more than one of you? How old are your kids? Of course my fantasy as a kid was living in a box car like the Box Car Kids. I thought it would be fun, I still think it would be.

Here's the tiny Texas home site: http://tinytexashouses.com

I think this is what the internet lovingly refers to as "first world problems" or "white girl problems."

If I was a terribly mean person, I'd suggest turning Reddit loose on her.

I'm guessing a lot of Matthews behavior is attention seeking. Mommy does take pictures when its over, and it sounds like he is the big topic of dinner table conversation. If in twenty years the cops are searching for a serial killer who writes on his victims with sharpies, we will know who to look for.

Wait, this is the comment in which "one woman even went so far as to say that Matthew will likely become a serial killer"? Ok, I'm notorious for not spotting humour and even I could see it here. And I can't find anything remotely resembling someone threatening her with bodily harm. When I first read her Backlash entry as quoted by OkToBeTakei in the other thread, I was dismayed to think any of us would say such things and I wondered why she didn't call FJ by name. I now see that she's intentionally making a mountain out of a molehill, and I'm not surprised she doesn't want her readers to come read here.

Wait, this is the comment in which "one woman even went so far as to say that Matthew will likely become a serial killer"? Ok, I'm notorious for not spotting humour and even I could see it here. And I can't find anything remotely resembling someone threatening her with bodily harm. When I first read her Backlash entry as quoted by OkToBeTakei in the other thread, I was dismayed to think any of us would say such things and I wondered why she didn't call FJ by name. I now see that she's intentionally making a mountain out of a molehill, and I'm not surprised she doesn't want her readers to come read here.

Actually like many, she doesn't understand my dry yet macabre wit. :lol:

She's currently being ripped apart on GOMI and, unlike many of their victims, she richly deserves the criticism.

getoffmyinternets.net/blogger-agrees-that-hurricane-sandy-is-our-own-fault/

Does anyone know when this was added to the whiner blog post:

I realize how ridiculous it sounds for me to say that our 4000 sq ft house is small! Please understand that is how I felt at the time. I was spoiled and feeling sorry for myself, and it was all a part of my "victim" attitude. I now know just how blessed we are to have the means to live in such a wonderful house.....and this time I really mean it ;)

It took a snark board for her to realize how pretentious, entitled, and privileged she is?

ETA: This is what we call 'lip service'.

Does anyone know when this was added to the whiner blog post:

It took a snark board for her to realize how pretentious, entitled, and privileged she is?

ETA: This is what we call 'lip service'.

It was the perfect house when they bought it. I guess she was out of sorts because she couldn't get the pool built before winter.

Archived