IGNORED

Whiner blog.

OkToBeTakei

zachsgang.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/saying-goodbye.html

Not sure why this strikes me as snarkworthy. I have been reading this blog over the weekend. But boy this woman moans. Also when you make ridiculously poor decisions like selling your home before a firm job offer, I don't think that is a sign of God's plan for you. That's just fucking stupid.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that a couple posts ago she talks about how god changed her heart, she doesnt whine anymore, blahblahblah, but then in her most recent post it is clear that she has just learned her to poorly mask her whining as 'observations'- now that we have a 4000 square foot house with an open two-storey living room, sound sure does travel upstairs! teehee!

I cannot imagine ever living in a 4000 square foot house, never mind a 7000 square foot one. The waste galls me. Growing up I lived in a 2700 square foot house. It had 6 bedrooms and four bathrooms and we had up to 10 people living there. My mom still calls that house the "too big" house . She was against us even buying it because to her it was obscenely big- but it was built in a different time. It amazes me how standards have changed and how much room some people think they need today.

We live in a 1600 square foot home, and although 4000 sounds heavenly (more places to put books! more places to put my knitting and spinning stuff!), how on earth would you keep it clean?! I'm messy by nature and a house that big sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

We live in a 1600 square foot home, and although 4000 sounds heavenly (more places to put books! more places to put my knitting and spinning stuff!), how on earth would you keep it clean?! I'm messy by nature and a house that big sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

I'm with you on that one, I think that 4000 feet would start out as perfect, room for storing all of our books and toys...but then we would add more! Then we would have 4000 square feet worth of junk crowding us out. No thanks.

Want to get really pissed off? Then read her post about unpacking the Georgia house... every other sentence is complaining about how small the 4000 square foot house is. zachsgang.blogspot.com/2012/02/still-unpacking.html

She must be a real peach to be around.

4000 Sq Ft is "cozy"? My kids and I live quite happily in a 750 Sq Ft former hunting cabin. It was a bit of a squeeze at first, but with some prioritizing I was able to pare things down to just the essentials and still have lots of space.That said, the woman has 8 kids - she clearly likes to live large. :P

I'm with you on that one, I think that 4000 feet would start out as perfect, room for storing all of our books and toys...but then we would add more! Then we would have 4000 square feet worth of junk crowding us out. No thanks.

Exactly! We moved from an 800 sq.ft. apartment to this house, and the amount of space seemed positively luxurious! Now it's filled to the rafters with stuff we accumulated since we got here. It's complicated by the fact that dh is a packrat at heart and ds has inherited the tendency. We really need to do a serious decluttering and destashing, not move to a bigger house.

OY!

Who changed the title?

Whinge, a right good Scottish word for someone who moans the face of you :lol:

This woman totally fitted the bill.

OY!

Who changed the title?

Whinge, a right good Scottish word for someone who moans the face of you :lol:

This woman totally fitted the bill.

I did. Many people misspell "whining" (or some version) as "whinging". I often correct misspellings in topic titles.

I did. Many people misspell "whining" (or some version) as "whinging". I often correct misspellings in topic titles.

Hehe no probs..but she is a proper 'Whinger' although this may well be colloquial to me. Not sure whinger IS a word but it is certainly used here, mind you so is minger which I am certain is definitely not a word, although such a good descriptive one. :lol:

:( I like the word whinging. I have no idea how you pronounce it, though.

ETA, it is a word, my spellcheck isn't underlining it, and Google's dictionary has it.

:( I like the word whinging. I have no idea how you pronounce it, though.

ETA, it is a word, my spellcheck isn't underlining it, and Google's dictionary has it.

Pronounce like ginger except with wh. Whinging is ok, but I suspect Austin was correct Whinger is not. But yes, tis a very satisfying word :D

Pronounce like ginger except with wh. Whinging is ok, but I suspect Austin was correct Whinger is not. But yes, tis a very satisfying word :D

I find myself wanting to use British words/slang more and more lately, even though I haven't been to the UK since 2005. I blame the FJ British contingent :flags-wavegreatbritain: And I find minging a very satisfying word :lol:

Let's remember that home prices/sizes are relative. . Recently my parents bought a house in North carolina and my husband and I bought a home in the DC suburbs. We paid a similar amount of money but they got 3,000 square foot mcmansion (supposedly they were going to downsize now that I've moved out. hah) and we got a charming brick colonial that's about 1700 square feet.

7,000 is very big but it's less expensive to buy land in kansas. I but I bet it meant that a family with 8 kids could all have their own rooms instead of the some Life in a Shoe stacking kids on grocery flat shelving and have room for playrooms and homeschooling areas. I will snark on poor life planning, sure coordinating a new job and a selling a house are tricky but they really didn't handle that well.

How can she not have room to fit her stuff into that kitchen? Was she trying to equip a restaurant kitchen before? I just....boggle.

Didn't Harry Potter hail from Little Whinging?

Yep, JKR has said she named it that on purpose because she wanted the Dursleys to live in an unpleasant-sounding town.

Want to get really pissed off? Then read her post about unpacking the Georgia house... every other sentence is complaining about how small the 4000 square foot house is. zachsgang.blogspot.com/2012/02/still-unpacking.html

The laundry room is so small that I've had to put clothes baskets in a closet across from the laundry room. It's killing me right now, but I know that I will eventually get used to it :/

Seriously? I don't even have a laundry room. Our washer and dryer is in our garage, which is less than half the size of her "tiny" garage. :roll: From the pictures I saw on that blog, that house is beautiful. I would love to be able to afford a house like that. If she is so unhappy with it I would be glad to take it off her hands.

Seriously? I don't even have a laundry room. Our washer and dryer is in our garage, which is less than half the size of her "tiny" garage. :roll: From the pictures I saw on that blog, that house is beautiful. I would love to be able to afford a house like that. If she is so unhappy with it I would be glad to take it off her hands.

BUT BUT she is persecuted don't you know, she did a good why poor me? Moan in one of her posts. She is indeed a strange one.

Why is she complaining, that house is pretty big. You do not have the right to complain about your house size if you have enough space for a theater room, school room, laundry room, sunroom and a giant closet. She also has enough space for a guest room, and for most of her children to have their own rooms.

There are homeless people out there who would be thankful for a tiny one bedroom house, kids who sleep stacked in shelves because their house is too small to give the whole family beds, babies who sleep in bathrooms and parents who sleep on the sofa because they would rather do than try and squeeze all of the kids into one room with some fundie childstacking...

That's a "small and cramped" kitchen? she can kiss my ass. My kitchen is slightly bigger than her laundry room.

och, yer a dreich and dour bunch a eejits

haverin and fritterin o'er the venacular like

I liked the whinging and girning , it made me feel aw nostalgic fur ma hame

(just remember that James fucking Kelman won the fucking Booker prize...)

Her "little" house is more than twice as large as my house, and my family is quite comfortable where we are. And seriously, she decided to homeschool because a Quizno's employee told her it would be a good idea??

Archived