IGNORED

has anyone seen the Luxembourg wedding?

latraviata

I don't know their names and didn't see the video, but I will defenitely watch it tommorow! Is it just me, or does the husband look eerily alot like George V ? * I'm more into desposed royal families *

George V was not deposed. His cousin Nicholas II of Russia abdicated and then was executed. If you look at pictures taken of them side by side, they could have been twins.

George V was not deposed. His cousin Nicholas II of Russia abdicated and then was executed. If you look at pictures taken of them side by side, they could have been twins.

It's all inbred.

Ah, I know this. I was just saying that I like other royal families besides the mainstream ones. :oops:

It's all inbred.

The current Norwegian king, his parents were 1st cousins, and his paternal grandparents were 1st cousins. Yeah... Luckily he married "a woman of the people", so not related at all.

Didn't watch it on TV since I live in the States. I did, however, look through all the pictures, and I agree that the dress was probably the wrong color for the bride's complexion. I think she might have been too fair for the off-white color.

But let's talk about the true fashion atrocity of the wedding - the outfits that they made the poor little pages wear! I mean, blue ruffly shirts and orange pantaloons!

I do think that Guillaume and Stephanie looked very happy, and apparently the balcony scene was one for the ages. :)

I watched the whole thing live on TV and was going to post about it, but then I figured I was probably the only one crazy enough to watch. I thought the dress was gorgeous, but yeah, didn't do much for her complexion. I felt terrible for her because she looked so sad sometimes, she must've missed her mother terribly.

I loved when they showed a shot of the church and Princess Maxima was sobbing.

I watched the whole thing live on TV and was going to post about it, but then I figured I was probably the only one crazy enough to watch. I thought the dress was gorgeous, but yeah, didn't do much for her complexion. I felt terrible for her because she looked so sad sometimes, she must've missed her mother terribly.

I loved when they showed a shot of the church and Princess Maxima was sobbing.

Apparantly Willem-Alexander (Maxima's husband the crown prince of the Netherlands) had shoot a pheasant and she wore it as a hat.....

I loved the dress and its color. The cut was not the least bit flattering to the bride, and the color made her look like she hadn't seen daylight in a decade.

I loved the dress, the delicate tiara and I thought it was all beautiful. Maybe I'm just biased because they seem really passionately in love; that balcony kiss - wowza!!

Didn't watch it on TV since I live in the States. I did, however, look through all the pictures, and I agree that the dress was probably the wrong color for the bride's complexion. I think she might have been too fair for the off-white color.

But let's talk about the true fashion atrocity of the wedding - the outfits that they made the poor little pages wear! I mean, blue ruffly shirts and orange pantaloons!

I do think that Guillaume and Stephanie looked very happy, and apparently the balcony scene was one for the ages. :)

I agree! She does seem happy but the dress doesn't do a great deal for her. Pretty dress, but just didn't suit her well.

The orange bridesmaids dresses weren't very flattering either.

I loved the color and detail on the dress, length, low back etc., but from the front above the hips, it looked like a boring MOTB dress. She looked completely washed out; I noticed the dress, and would remember it if asked to describe it, but just a minute after closing the pics, I couldn't describe her for the life of me. Well, aside from "boring", "washed out", and "monochromatic".

Archived