IGNORED

Bathroom Baby has a room AND a bed now?? Life's good for T1.

Morton Fan

I also think religion plays into them having more kids. As much as I dislike Christian and Stephanie Nielson, they at least are content with having children unlike Jenna and her husband.

This. TW believes that her only worth in life is to be a wife and a mother, as she had to manipulate ThatAsshole to marry her through a religiously themed PowerPoint presentation. I only hope that the next future tithe payer and missionary won't start out in the bathroom.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She manipulated her husband to marry her through a PowerPoint presentation.......that has to be the least romantic proposal ever.

I'm calling peanut butter on this thread. :lol:

I think as long as everyone stands back and remembers we are taking about BB's Mum, a women who loves her kid less then a great pair of shoes, hopefully more then cheese, well when it's not locked up at least, and about as much as a really good photography prop, that makes her look shiny and special, then we will all stay in line. Besides, I think it won't get much past Circ/BFing/HB level, it takes a super, extra special topic to get up to PB status.

Did the poor thing ever go back for therapy? If she were an attentive mother who gave him toys and worked with him, i'd be less concerned. Of course the therapist was playing with T1. That's how babies learn skills. Did she think the therapist was gonna sit down with a workbook with a toddler? She hardly interacts with him. She didn't even know he was developmentally delayed. Doesn't the pediatrician let parents know when the kids are supposed to be hitting milestones?

I know she's mentioned that he's attending preschool, and apparently last week they "tried out" a therapeutic preschool that would be in addition to the first. It sounds a bit like she's outsourcing him, but at least a preschool will provide toys, structure, interaction, and care - more than he seems to get from TW.

And if he's attending preschool, then this might be a case where "keeping up with the Jones" is of actual benefit. I imagine the looks and comments TW would get if she was mid-conversation with another parent and said her child slept in the bathroom, or was still sleeping in a pack-n-play. I remember a mother at my son's preschool admitting that she and her husband had installed a deadbolt lock on the outside of their son's bedroom, to lock him in at night so he wouldn't wake them up. The teacher was absolutely horrified and pleaded with her not to continue locking him in, citing the danger of him being trapped should there be a fire or other emergency. I didn't say anything, but I'm sure my expression showed my own feelings as well.

I'll explain the mattress thing and then drop it.

We all perspire a little while we sleep. The mattresses absorb it, but with proper air circulation dry out. If it is on the ground, it won't dry properly. Waterproof covers and frequent airing of the mattress can help, but it is hard with a large mattress. If they don't dry well, they will get moldy inside- aided by dust mites and the like.

This is also why mattresses should not be kept forever, especially in more damp climates.

I'll explain the mattress thing and then drop it.

We all perspire a little while we sleep. The mattresses absorb it, but with proper air circulation dry out. If it is on the ground, it won't dry properly. Waterproof covers and frequent airing of the mattress can help, but it is hard with a large mattress. If they don't dry well, they will get moldy inside- aided by dust mites and the like.

This is also why mattresses should not be kept forever, especially in more damp climates.

Fret not ... this is certainly no large mattress:

http://instagram.com/p/RIdFTMrqsL/

Fret not ... this is certainly no large mattress:

http://instagram.com/p/RIdFTMrqsL/

Where are his TOYS. Poor bug! He'd go beserk here at my house! ther'es toys EVERYWHERE, train table, a milk crate full of Mr potato heads, 3 bookshelves with my son's books alone! an art corner! And that's not even the half of it!

I never kept toys in my room, we had a finished basement and a toy room. However, I doubt thatwife would want his five possessions crowding out her perfect living room

Those books are too high for him to reach. Of course I'm sure the point is just so they look good, knowing TW.

I can totally see him pulling out the drawers of that dressor, climbing it, and pulling the lamp down on his head.

That room is better then a pack and play in the bathroom, but not by much.

I never kept toys in my room, we had a finished basement and a toy room. However, I doubt thatwife would want his five possessions crowding out her perfect living room

We don't keep many toys in my sons room either but he does have a few in there.

Seeing her obnoxious post has made me realize my son needs more arty things on his walls!!!

Where are his toys? He seems to have completely nothing at all to play with.

I think he's only got like 5 toys total. Awhile back she posted she threw most of them away because he was leaving them laying around and she was tired of picking them up.

I think he's only got like 5 toys total. Awhile back she posted she threw most of them away because he was leaving them laying around and she was tired of picking them up.

I do not say this lightly. If you're terrified of messes, and can't stand children leaving toys strewn about. DO NOT HAVE CHILDREN. My house was not tidy before I had kids. Its still not tidy. The only thing that's changed is that I now have a valid excuse.

Seriously, she's horrible. Horrible beyond horrible. I'm sorry, I can understand "keeping thing simple" but that's not simple. That's deprivation especially in light of how the rest of her "parenting" works- say, if the kid had 5 really good toys but hundreds of age appropriate books.... then I'd give her a pass. But, those books are tantalizingly placed on display, as if to say "look at this shit I found on pinterest! " instead of "my kid reads"

Ok I went looking for that post and found this one.

thatwifeblog.com/?s=maid

I don't know how to post pictures but she is complaning about the messes he makes and in her pictures there is one shoe and one block on the floor. If that is her idea of a mess she is insane!

thatwifeblog.com/?s=maid

I don't know how to post pictures but she is complaning about the messes he makes and in her pictures there is one shoe and one block on the floor. If that is her idea of a mess she is insane!

She'd have an aneurysm in my house if that's a mess....

If he had access to the books, he might make a mess of them. Or worse, give them to TW and ask her to read them. That would involve her actually talking and interacting with her child, which is totally off limits.

Anyone notice how the books are spread out and displayed? She doesn't even have enough books for him to put them away nicely on a normal shelf. The toys I have seen of T1's don't look age appropriate anymore. He is 2 1/2 going on three. This is a sample of toys for his age group

[link=]http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/playtime/joyoflearning/jolage2.5to3years.html#!/activities[/link]

She doesn't have any playsets for him or any types of crafts. How messy is a box of crayons or color wonder crayola markers if she hates mess? He's gonna be 5 and not know his colors. They recommend training roller skates at that age. I don't even think T1 had the coordination to balance on kiddie skates. Hopefully his preschool teachers are working extensively with him, and let him play with all the toys he wants. Right now would be a great time to maybe buy a game like memory. She has so many options, and the MONEY TO DO IT.

If he had access to the books, he might make a mess of them. Or worse, give them to TW and ask her to read them. That would involve her actually talking and interacting with her child, which is totally off limits.

Anyone notice how the books are spread out and displayed? She doesn't even have enough books for him to put them away nicely on a normal shelf. The toys I have seen of T1's don't look age appropriate anymore. He is 2 1/2 going on three. This is a sample of toys for his age group

[link=]http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/playtime/joyoflearning/jolage2.5to3years.html#!/activities[/link]

She doesn't have any playsets for him or any types of crafts. How messy is a box of crayons or color wonder crayola markers if she hates mess? He's gonna be 5 and not know his colors. They recommend training roller skates at that age. I don't even think T1 had the coordination to balance on kiddie skates. Hopefully his preschool teachers are working extensively with him, and let him play with all the toys he wants. Right now would be a great time to maybe buy a game like memory. She has so many options, and the MONEY TO DO IT.

Roller skates? Not for my 2 1/2 year old going on 3!!! Oh HELLS no. He trips barefoot. However, we have bought him a tricycle which he enjoys.

I really wonder how much if at all that she's sitting down working with him. My son at 30 months, before he started preschool knew how to count to 20, all of his letters and could read a few words (Up, stop, mama and his name), and he's got a thing for animals and bugs so we bought flash cards with different animals and bugs and he could identify about 80% of them. Within 2 weeks of preschool, it seemed like the stuff we'd been saying to him and laying foundations for, exploded and he now knows all the basic shapes, colors that sort of thing. I don't know if he's ahead, behind or normal.

Hell, even if she's mess phobic, you can get those aquadoodle mats, that the kids can draw on with water. No mess, and it never runs out!

She has no concept of childhood development and I feel so bad for her kids.

thatwifeblog.com/?s=maid

"The diapers and bottle and whining are bad enough, but the repetitive nature of picking up the same tiny items over and over throughout the day numbs my brain and makes deep breathing necessary."

Poor T1. That photo of the lone little shoe is heartbreaking.

"The diapers and bottle and whining are bad enough, but the repetitive nature of picking up the same tiny items over and over throughout the day numbs my brain and makes deep breathing necessary."

Poor T1. That photo of the lone little shoe is heartbreaking.

This is the other one that gets me:

"He does not play with anything, he just moves it from one location to the other. This is one reason why I recently threw out all but 5 of his toys, because I’m so sick of him pulling them out and doing nothing but dragging them around the house each day."

He was a BABY, that's what they do! You know that old story of "my kids don't play with the toys we buy, they have more fun with the empty box!" - kids don't always play "properly" with their toys, but she's such a damned control freak that she can't stand him doing his own thing.

My sister and her husband, who are both complete neat freaks, have more of a "kid" mess than TW does. Now, they've trained my 3.5 year old nephew to pick up his toys and put them into bins on demand, (he seems to have inherited the neat freak trait) but he can get to all his toys easily. Most of his toys are in public areas in the house (since that's where he's playing), but his room doesn't look anywhere near as sparse as THAT.

Its clear that TW and her husband are not involved in t1's life. The would learn what he likes to play with, and, how he likes to play with it. They would also be able to rotate his toys so he always has "fresh" toys to play with at the beginning of each month. Rotating them helps keep the child interested in them. It also cuts down on clutter. But then again, they would have to give up space in a closet for toy storage. We all know that will never happen.

I found this gem while looking around her blog.

It's from a 101 things to do in 1001 days

Give T1 three days where I do nothing but pay attention to him when he is awake, except cooking/cleaning up the cooking (2/3

This makes me so sad. That boy deserves a mother who loves him. I feel even more sad for him because I feel like I see myself in him. This is a little glimpse into what I experienced with my mother. Right down to the excessively clean house.

Archived