IGNORED

Dozens of states make it hard to get abortions

doggie

It's amazing how we're going backwards instead of forward when it comes to women in the US. I can't believe the crap some of these states make abortion clinics say

...Texas, which has the most prescriptive counseling laws - requiring, among other things, that doctors tell women abortion is linked with breast cancer. A group of scientists convened by the National Cancer Institute in 2003 concluded abortion did not raise the risk of breast cancer.

In July, a federal appeals court in South Dakota upheld a 2005 law requiring doctors to warn that abortions increase risks for suicide. Scientific research disputes this.

That's what it comes down to - lying to get their way. Like so many other people have said - these people don't think of the consequences of having a baby. They cost money! They're not free! :angry-fire:

Honestly, I don't know of a single doctor, prolife or prochoice, that wants to have legislation TELL them to LIE to patients. Even the most ardent prolife OBGYN I knew was very adamant when explaining the cancer-abortion myth. He was open about being prolife, but he always felt his duty was to teach the facts to his students. I would think, as physicians, we are also teachers and would be truthful to our patients.

As a doc, if I ever came upon a law that tells me to lie to my patients, or to tell them anything that I feel is unnecessary or intrusive, I will make sure to preface it (and stress) I am COMPELLED by law to say this and it does not represent my opinion as a physician In fact, I'd turn it around and try to answer their questions posed by the these legislated comments to set the facts straight.

If I had to tell a patient that abortion causes cancer, I will say, "A bunch of lawyers told me I have to tell you this. As your doc, these are the real facts: blah blah blah. Any questions?" I figure this is my way of turning the tables on those that like to play fast and hard with medical science.

I couldn't think of a good snark comment to add to the button.

Maybe something about "I'm worthy for heaven because I lie for Jesus" or "Lying is only okay when you're lying for Jesus"?

Maybe something about "I'm worthy for heaven because I lie for Jesus" or "Lying is only okay when you're lying for Jesus"?

Yes very good

That's what it comes down to - lying to get their way. Like so many other people have said - these people don't think of the consequences of having a baby. They cost money! They're not free! :angry-fire:

Yes...and haven't they heard of PPD?! I'm not sure how you'd do a direct comparison, but I'd wager the consequences of PPD are worse than any problems you might get from having an abortion.

It must be horrific to be a doctor there and have to lie. I'm not sure I could do it. It's not ethical.

Here ya go :D

It's not as fancy as the other one, which I used a website to make but I didn't want to continue doing that so as to not get in trouble (or cause it).

Archived