IGNORED

Tebow, Yeah, sure it's a 'prayer'

Swamptribe

Gross. Why would a Christian need to get a circumcision? More importantly, do you have a link to that story? I have never heard that before, you would think that would bw all over the entertainment news cuz its so weird. Ick.

I heard him talk about this shit on the Jim Rome radio show, either during his senior year of college. I'm positive it was before draft day.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would doctors ask him to assist in anything? He has no medical training.

Because when you are so close to god you are good at everything.

I mentioned this in a previous post, I have noticed that some of Tebow's fans are people who don't know much about pro level football and they tend to be more into college level football. Defenses at the college level can be a bit weak compared to NFL defenses. Some people prefer college football over pro football for different reasons and vice versa. Some of the biggest fans of college football will admit that a lot of the players they love/loved didn't or will not do well in the NFL. Some of the Florida Gators fans aren't surprised that Tebow isn't an elite NFL quarterback. Like I said I do laugh at some of Tebow's fans because now that he is in the NFL, they are basically just becoming fans of franchises because of Tebow. I wouldn't be surprised if the Duggars became Jets bandwagon fans because of Tebow. If we ever see Boob or one of the kids wearing a Jets t-shirt we will know why they are wearing it.

Football fans in the south tend to be more college football lovers. Especially states with SEC teams. I'm in Alabama and this is the time of year they all lose their minds over Auburn and Alabama. You really don't know ugliness until you are introduced to college football season in this state. That is when the residents of this fine state turn into every one of the redneck stereotypes all at once. Tim Tebow is worshiped down here.

I'm not sure how you get the idea that people against spanking = people on the fringes of society. The logic fail there is stunning, to say the least.

Really! It's funny to think of myself as someone out on the fringes of society. I'm a 34 year old mom of 2 boys with a pretty mundane, normal life! Being on the fringes of society sounds so exciting!

With so many non-violent parenting methods that are out there, why even bother hitting? It takes a sick person to hit children or defend the practice! If my boss at work "spanked" me because I stole a paper clip, she would be arrested.

I've told you before. I know you guys say that "the hive never forgets" but I sure have gotten this question multiple times. I come here for entertainment for one thing and because I believe that it is important to know what the extremists are thinking and saying. Similar to the question that could be asked about why do the majority of posters here go to and read the fundie blog sites. Besides the snark factor, I think you see it as your "mission" to be informed about what the fundies are thinking, doing, and saying and then try to get the word out. I see this as the same thing. I think it's important to see what you guys are thinking, saying, and doing, so that I can be informed and so that I can inform others about it, if need be.

I've been called many, many things in my life, but an extemist is not one of them. In a land of baked goods, I'm white bread, in desserts, tapioca, in wine a standard merlot, in clothes, a basic black dress...and I'm STILL AGAINST SPANKING.

(Now, off to cook my meat and potatoes Sunday dinner...)

I've been called many, many things in my life, but an extemist is not one of them. In a land of baked goods, I'm white bread, in desserts, tapioca, in wine a standard merlot, in clothes, a basic black dress...and I'm STILL AGAINST SPANKING.

(Now, off to cook my meat and potatoes Sunday dinner...)

I'm wondering what it takes to be "on the fringes" and an extremist in this lady's book? I'm as suburban America as you can get! Well, I do make my own yogurt and I homeschool, does that qualify me?!

I also work with parents, teachers, administrators, etc., and have for over 40 years. I met very few people who approved of spanking -- when the subject comes up, it is generally condemned.

Perhaps it's geographical.

Oh FFS, I don't know what kind of doctors and teachers SWL knows, but the ones I do ALL condemn spanking as a form of discipine. I call bullshit x1000. Oh, and in terms of warning others? No need for anyone to get what I believe from second hand inferences since what I believe in private and what I say in public match up. Only people who believe one thing and present another face to the world think trolling a public forum is the equivalent of Joshua sending spies into the land of Caanan. :roll:

Oh FFS, I don't know what kind of doctors and teachers SWL knows, but the ones I do ALL condemn spanking as a form of discipine. I call bullshit x1000.

I thought she got about with hateful chicken fans. There are plenty of conservative teachers and doctors who are unethical enough to teach their students that evolution is a lie and deny patients referrals to abortion providers.

So I think she is telling the truth. Still, I wouldn't be rushing to confirm that my friends and colleagues lack morals.

I just want to add that I'm not on the fringe of society. I've mentioned before that I have voted conservative and that my views are, for this country, reasonably conservative. But there's conservative and then there's the Christian taliban. I wouldn't vote Republican were I in the US now and I won't be voting for the conervatives here because their views have skewed increasingly toward crazy for Jesus.

I call bullshit too. I'm pretty open about the fact that my parents spanked me (just not around my parents, or course) and everyone I've told, whether of my generation or my parents' generation, has been shocked. I'm not convinced a doctor could recommend spanking without being investigated around here. But SWL purposefully stirs up shit in almost every thread she posts in these days, so excuse me for taking anything she says with a grain of salt.

I'm working on a master's in Education and NOWHERE have I read, or heard any teacher or researcher who condones spanking kids.

NOT ONE.

SWL is beyond delusional.

Frankly, I could care less if you believe me or not. I know it's the truth and the people I work with not only see nothing wrong with it, they also currently spank their own kids or did when their kids were young but their kids are grown now. I work with a group of teachers and administrators who work for a university medical center that received a grant from the US govt. for five years for developing curriculum for a large group of Indian reservation schools as well as some other schools that are doing poorly at educating the students. So believe me or not, makes no difference to me. I just think its funny that you all can't believe that there are people out there that actually think differently about the subject than you do.

And for those who can't believe a tebow thread turned into a spanking thread, I had nothing to do with that, it just seems you all can't help but bring up the spanking thing when I post about something completely different. So, it seems to me, you stir up your own shit since you can't seem to leave the spanking stuff alone, ha!

Guest Anonymous
Frankly, I could care less if you believe me or not. I know it's the truth and the people I work with not only see nothing wrong with it, they also currently spank their own kids or did when their kids were young but their kids are grown now. I work with a group of teachers and administrators who work for a university medical center that received a grant from the US govt. for five years for developing curriculum for a large group of Indian reservation schools as well as some other schools that are doing poorly at educating the students. So believe me or not, makes no difference to me. I just think its funny that you all can't believe that there are people out there that actually think differently about the subject than you do.

And for those who can't believe a tebow thread turned into a spanking thread, I had nothing to do with that, it just seems you all can't help but bring up the spanking thing when I post about something completely different. So, it seems to me, you stir up your own shit since you can't seem to leave the spanking stuff alone, ha!

If it makes you feel any better, we could also talk about your bullshit defense of racism. What was it? People aren't allowed to be concerned about racism against black people, because two Black Panthers bullied white voters in 2008?

I wasn't defending racism at all. I believe any form of racism is wrong and there is no excuse for it. Funny how a while back there was a big long epic thread when someone else ranted about racism against whites not existing and then a whole slew of people stating that it does exist. So which is it?

Guest Anonymous
I wasn't defending racism at all. I believe any form of racism is wrong and there is no excuse for it. Funny how a while back there was a big long epic thread when someone else ranted about racism against whites not existing and then a whole slew of people stating that it does exist. So which is it?

Not really sure if that's 'Funny'. It's called a "discussion" (numerous people, numerous opinions...), it's kind of the raison d'être of the Internet forum.

I believe that you know some truly awful teachers.

I believe that you know some truly awful teachers.

I'm guessing these "teachers" are deeply closeted about liking spanking as a method of discipline. It is truly a sin if they are being consulted for Indian reservation schools, because those kids have enough disadvantages without being the experiments of the bottom dregs of the teacher pool.

There are some schools that still have corporal punishment but they are fading fast. As I Asked the poster if you ate ok with hitting children you should be ok with getting hit when you screw up.

Or is it only ok when you hit a child?

I'm guessing these "teachers" are deeply closeted about liking spanking as a method of discipline. It is truly a sin if they are being consulted for Indian reservation schools, because those kids have enough disadvantages without being the experiments of the bottom dregs of the teacher pool.

I find her story believable, just because there are plenty of examples of professionals the community traditionally trusts acting in ways that are utterly unethical. There are doctors who spread anti-vaccine propaganda and teachers who opt for faith over science when teaching biology. That these revolting examples of humanity are working with the already vulnerable is no surprise; in the adoption thread there was mention of social workers cooperating with shady adoption agencies to place children into abusive homes.

You can get away with an awful lot when you make a big deal out of your religion.

I recently had a doctor's visit for my 2 year old. The doctor's office actually had glossy printed books about how to deal with common toddler behavioral problems. It was said over and over to model good behavior by not yelling or spanking.

I live in a conservative town and most of the doctors in this practice attend a conservative Presbyterian church or the Lutheran one. Church-going health professionals in a conservative small town are apparently what SWL considers the fringes of society :lol:

Spanking does not work and has been proven not to work. If using evidence and proof to make my decisions is what makes me some extremist, I'll take it.

If shewholaughs is located in certain areas of the south, she is probably telling the truth. When my very active oldest son was young, both a doctor and a nurse advised me to spank him. I had gone to them asking for help about his hyperactivity and they told me that I should spank him. That was over 20 years ago and I hope that medical professionals are better informed now.

Since I can't start new threads and I'd dearly love to hear your answers, please start a new thread on exactly how we're "on the fringes of society" and "extremists." I'm really quite curious as to how a suburban SAHM, as white bread as they come, is on the fringe of society. :?:

Other FJ'ers: If She Who whatever declines, please feel free to open a thread and discuss! :twisted:

Archived