IGNORED

Tebow, Yeah, sure it's a 'prayer'

Swamptribe

Yes but he knows a lot about circumcisions. Apparently he spends a month every year at a mission in the Philippines and 'assists' at circumcisions. In the early days of his fame it was reported that he actually performed the surgeries, but most current media on it says he assists.

If he was an atheist, or just a less vocal Christian we'd be hearing *cough*pedo*cough* from, oh... everyone.

Wait, this is a joke, isn't it? He's a Christian, it's not like there's any religious reason for him to be interfering with foreign foreskins.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but he knows a lot about circumcisions. Apparently he spends a month every year at a mission in the Philippines and 'assists' at circumcisions. In the early days of his fame it was reported that he actually performed the surgeries, but most current media on it says he assists.

Whoa. Whoa whoa whoa. Tim Tebow "assists" circumcisions? Why the ever loving fuck would a Born Again Christian feel the need to do that? If a completely untrained individual "assisted" or performed medical procedures in the US, there's no way that'd be legal, so how is it ethical for him to do it in the Philippines?

So basically Tebow fans know jack about football?

Sad.

I mentioned this in a previous post, I have noticed that some of Tebow's fans are people who don't know much about pro level football and they tend to be more into college level football. Defenses at the college level can be a bit weak compared to NFL defenses. Some people prefer college football over pro football for different reasons and vice versa. Some of the biggest fans of college football will admit that a lot of the players they love/loved didn't or will not do well in the NFL. Some of the Florida Gators fans aren't surprised that Tebow isn't an elite NFL quarterback. Like I said I do laugh at some of Tebow's fans because now that he is in the NFL, they are basically just becoming fans of franchises because of Tebow. I wouldn't be surprised if the Duggars became Jets bandwagon fans because of Tebow. If we ever see Boob or one of the kids wearing a Jets t-shirt we will know why they are wearing it.

I just don't understand how you can copyright something like this? Is that legal?

From the articles I have read, it seems that is legal and it is done deal. I think is ridiculous since there are videos and photos of various NFL players kneeling in prayer. NFL Films should comb through their archives and put together a compilation video of past players and coaches praying on fields and then send it to Tebow and his fans.

Am I wrong, or is this the same prayer position used by boys in DeMolay, the youth arm of Freemasonry? I attended a Rainbow Girls ceremony many years ago, and I could swear that the DeMolay boys attending prayed like this. I remember it because it looked so--overwrought.

I never saw the DeMolay guys in their get-ups, even though I was a Job's Daughter (for the parties). I memorized my bits for the secret meetings, but never aspired to be a leader. I got bored and was out before 10th grade. Yeah, my Dad was a Mason, although he only joined up for the social connections. I had no clue he was a Mason when I asked him. You needed a close relative - I think uncles were okay if your Dad wasn't a Mason - to even qualify to join Job's, DeMolay or Rainbow Girls (they were the real sluts...I wish I'd known of them before I joined Job's.

You'd have to kill me before I'd join Eastern Star, although being a former Jobie with a Mason father, I'd certainly qualify for membership.

So why is this kind of in-your-face-Jesus-orgasming NOT a sin? You're not supposed to be proud or pray in public "pray to your father in secret and he will reward you".

I agree with that, and think anybody who does otherwise is doing it to show off.

The HELL you say. (Would insert a wink wink smiley face, but I can't seem to find one.)

I don't think he's copyrighting the pose. I read another article and it said he was copyrighting the phrase "Tebowing" as it's been popping up on different businesses' merchandise, and Tebow doesn't want an implied connection or endorsement. I think he's a self-righteous ass, but I don't blame him for that one, honestly.

A management and consulting firm representing New York Jets back-up quarterback and evangelical sports icon Tim Tebow has moved one step closer to holding the trademark "Tebowing" for use on things as widespread as clothing, pencil sharpeners and holiday ornaments.

Source: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/2 ... ?hpt=hp_t3

Guest Anonymous
He trademarked it, not copyrighted it. Geez, if you're going to criticize something, at least use the correct terminology.

Let's all beat our children! Right, you guys? Right?

Let's all beat our children! Right, you guys? Right?

It's SPANK our children. Geez, get the terminology right :roll:

It makes me laugh everytime you guys bring up the fact that I spanked my children when they were young. I think you somehow mistakenly think that it bothers me or makes me feel bad. But, sorry to disappoint, it doesn't it. It just makes me laugh when you post that stuff. If anything, after being on this board and reading some of the posts that are written about some of those on this board dealing with their kids, I am even more confident that my choice for discipline was the right one.

It also reaffirms that the people here are soooo much different than the people I am around on a daily basis as I don't know a single person who is against spanking. In my job, I work with public school teachers, private school teachers, school administrators, doctors and other professionals. Since a lot of what I do revolves around children, their education, and their emotional and behavioral issues, the topic of spanking comes up quite frequently and without fail, it is never criticized, but is considered to be a good method of discipline if done correctly. It just also reaffirms that this board somehow attracts people on the fringes of society, people with extreme and unusual viewpoints and not the views of the average person.

Why exactly are you here? You don't agree with people here. So are you trolling for Jesus or what?

I've told you before. I know you guys say that "the hive never forgets" but I sure have gotten this question multiple times. I come here for entertainment for one thing and because I believe that it is important to know what the extremists are thinking and saying. Similar to the question that could be asked about why do the majority of posters here go to and read the fundie blog sites. Besides the snark factor, I think you see it as your "mission" to be informed about what the fundies are thinking, doing, and saying and then try to get the word out. I see this as the same thing. I think it's important to see what you guys are thinking, saying, and doing, so that I can be informed and so that I can inform others about it, if need be.

I've told you before. I know you guys say that "the hive never forgets" but I sure have gotten this question multiple times. I come here for entertainment for one thing and because I believe that it is important to know what the extremists are thinking and saying. Similar to the question that could be asked about why do the majority of posters here go to and read the fundie blog sites. Besides the snark factor, I think you see it as your "mission" to be informed about what the fundies are thinking, doing, and saying and then try to get the word out. I see this as the same thing. I think it's important to see what you guys are thinking, saying, and doing, so that I can be informed and so that I can inform others about it, if need be.

Thanks for confirming you're State. I always like to know.

It makes me laugh everytime you guys bring up the fact that I spanked my children when they were young. I think you somehow mistakenly think that it bothers me or makes me feel bad. But, sorry to disappoint, it doesn't it. It just makes me laugh when you post that stuff. If anything, after being on this board and reading some of the posts that are written about some of those on this board dealing with their kids, I am even more confident that my choice for discipline was the right one.

It also reaffirms that the people here are soooo much different than the people I am around on a daily basis as I don't know a single person who is against spanking. In my job, I work with public school teachers, private school teachers, school administrators, doctors and other professionals. Since a lot of what I do revolves around children, their education, and their emotional and behavioral issues, the topic of spanking comes up quite frequently and without fail, it is never criticized, but is considered to be a good method of discipline if done correctly. It just also reaffirms that this board somehow attracts people on the fringes of society, people with extreme and unusual viewpoints and not the views of the average person.

I'm not sure how you get the idea that people against spanking = people on the fringes of society. The logic fail there is stunning, to say the least.

I also work with parents, teachers, administrators, etc., and have for over 40 years. I met very few people who approved of spanking -- when the subject comes up, it is generally condemned.

Perhaps it's geographical.

[quote="She Who Laughs

I also work with parents, teachers, administrators, etc., and have for over 40 years. I met very few people who approved of spanking -- when the subject comes up, it is generally condemned.

Perhaps it's geographical.

It must be, because just about everyone I've come across in child development and education completely condemns spanking. They also usually share that the children that are spanked (even when done "correctly" - whatever the fuck that means) are more difficult to deal with.

Weird. A majority of people I know are anti-spanking. But then, I guess that's because I live on the "fringes" of society. Whatever the fuck that means.

He trademarked it, not copyrighted it. Geez, if you're going to criticize something, at least use the correct terminology.

Fuck you, guys have been doing that in the endzone since the early 70's when I first started watching football. Trademarking what is supposed to be a spontaneous gesture of gratitude makes it...a non-spontaneous gesture that will earn him money.

Based on this, the guy who first pointed skyward after hitting a wall-off home run, buzzer-beating jumper, clutch free-throw, *any* goal in [other than American] football, should have lawyered up. His heirs could have lived off the proceeds for generations.

eta I hope the lame end-zone kneel dies a quick death. And kudos to the Raiders fan who threw a beer on him when he pulled the shenangians last year during the "miracle" comeback. All he did was hand off the ball to a running back. As a Raider fan, we know God hates us for having a Jew at the helm for 50 years. I don't blame the fan for chucking a beer; showing a team up, especially on the home field of a team who lost their owner/GM/heart (to some....I wanted him out of the front office 10 years ago) less than a month after his death, is just idiotic.

I love how a Tebow thread turned into a spanking thread. I don't see how spanking a child can ever be a good thing. What does it teach them? That mommy and daddy are assholes who are allowed to hit just because they're mad? Damn, timeout exists for a reason woman!

Gross. Why would a Christian need to get a circumcision? More importantly, do you have a link to that story? I have never heard that before, you would think that would bw all over the entertainment news cuz its so weird. Ick.

Archived