IGNORED

Tebow, Yeah, sure it's a 'prayer'

Swamptribe

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why is this kind of in-your-face-Jesus-orgasming NOT a sin? You're not supposed to be proud or pray in public "pray to your father in secret and he will reward you".

I agree with that, and think anybody who does otherwise is doing it to show off.

I thought you were kidding when you said he copyrighted it, but he actually did! That's just shameful. I hope his Christian followers give him an earful.

Ugh, with this guy! The sad part is that a lot of the football fans (like my boyfriend) can't see past this façade TT (I'll call him tit) created and think he's soooooooo great because he "loves Jesus and is a good Christian" :roll:

I tried to get a response from my bf about the copyrighting bullshit, but he just told me to get back to studying LOL

Look's like Tebow needs a refresher on that part of the Bible where Jesus says about praying in a closet as opposed to the streetcorner.

I caught up on Raising Hope on hulu last night, and they had a mention--they were trying to break Maw Maw out of a nursing home, and Virginia said, "it'd be easier to get into Tim Tebow's pants."

:lol:

So why is this kind of in-your-face-Jesus-orgasming NOT a sin? You're not supposed to be proud or pray in public "pray to your father in secret and he will reward you".

I agree with that, and think anybody who does otherwise is doing it to show off.

Yeah. You are NOT supposed to be boastful or obvious about praying.

Tebow has an ego and that is why he ignores certain Bible verses about praying. He is pretty annoying and I hate how his fanbase acts as if he is the only the decent guy in the NFL. There are a lot of good men in the NFL who are quiet about some of the charity work they do. I have noticed that some of Tebow's fans don't know much about NFL level football and they think that because he was great in college, he will be good in the NFL. I got a laugh a few months back when I noticed that there was a young woman on twitter that was replying or retweeting Josh Duggar quite a bit. I looked at her twitter page out of curiosity and her headline thing was something like, "Christian. Love God. Fan of the Duggars and Tim Tebow. Go Jets". I laughed at the "Go Jets" part because that because she is pretty much a bandwagon fan because of Tebow. She isn't a real franchise Jets fan. I feel sorry for real Jets fan who have to deal with Tebow's bandwagon fans.

Am I wrong, or is this the same prayer position used by boys in DeMolay, the youth arm of Freemasonry? I attended a Rainbow Girls ceremony many years ago, and I could swear that the DeMolay boys attending prayed like this. I remember it because it looked so--overwrought.

This could really come back and bite him on the ass. I've already had the thoughts of "So anytime someone kneels down they have to cough up money?" :roll:

If I remember correctly you can't copyright poses.

Am I wrong, or is this the same prayer position used by boys in DeMolay, the youth arm of Freemasonry? I attended a Rainbow Girls ceremony many years ago, and I could swear that the DeMolay boys attending prayed like this. I remember it because it looked so--overwrought.

Knights of Columbus do the same thing.

Ugh, with this guy! The sad part is that a lot of the football fans (like my boyfriend) can't see past this façade TT (I'll call him tit) created and think he's soooooooo great because he "loves Jesus and is a good Christian" :roll:

I tried to get a response from my bf about the copyrighting bullshit, but he just told me to get back to studying LOL

I thought Tebow was supposed to be a mediocre player? I'm a massive footy fan (totally different code; think less padding and more blood) and if some wanker made a big deal over his lousy footy skills we'd shut the rubbish down straight away. He'd not be able to go out on the field without a thousand hecklers screaming "on your knees, godboy"

Eta: yes, that is what it means. We're a crude lot. Also, the code that spawns the dumbest fans! Represent!

At the NFL level Tebow is mediocre and I don't ever see him being an elite NFL QB. Cam Newton has a better chance of ending up with the elites than Tebow does. Tebow was overpraised during his college days. Even before the 2010 draft happened, a lot of fans of pro teams were hoping that their teams weren't going to draft Tebow. I have relatives that are Broncos fans and they were happy that he was traded.Tebow is a douche to trademark "Tebowing" because other NFL players had been doing stuff years before Tebow entered the NFL.

Tebow is a mediocre quarterback, I'd be VERY surprised if he ever started in the NFL again. His only chance is if the starter gets injured for and extended period of time.

Lots of NFL players pray before or after games. I've been to a few games and I've always noticed a small group with players from both teams praying together by the side of the field. They do it when there are other things going on, it's easy to miss and TV cameras don't show it. They are usually in a "Tebow" type pose too, they just don't draw attention to themselves like he does.

Aren't the Jets using him as a running back tomorrow against the Pats? So, he doesn't reach "mediocre QB" if they don't wanna use his QB skillz. Maybe he's not Tebowing© hard enough anymore and god's caught unto his fake praying.

Yeah. You are NOT supposed to be boastful or obvious about praying.

Pride is really frowned upon...supposed to be anyway!

Proverbs 11:2- When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

Copyrighting a pose that, probably millions, of people have assumed at some point in time is just so ridiculous. I know nothing about the guy, other than he plays football and he sells his religious beliefs for every penny he can muster out of it. That's not a good witness, Mr Tebow! :angry-nono:

So basically Tebow fans know jack about football?

Sad.

Yes but he knows a lot about circumcisions. Apparently he spends a month every year at a mission in the Philippines and 'assists' at circumcisions. In the early days of his fame it was reported that he actually performed the surgeries, but most current media on it says he assists.

Yes but he knows a lot about circumcisions. Apparently he spends a month every year at a mission in the Philippines and 'assists' at circumcisions. In the early days of his fame it was reported that he actually performed the surgeries, but most current media on it says he assists.

So people are ok letting a guy with little medical training around a baby's penis? ugh

Archived