IGNORED

Kristina Keepsake is pregnant with #4

simplysweet

I'm not one to fawn over infants or toddlers but her kids are all very cute. At the same time I wonder the impact of all these mixed messages Kristina will be sending to her kids over the years. I love you but if you are an infant who cries out of need I will ignore you. I love you but if you are a toddler and cannot find words to express yourself I will hit you. It's all so WTF.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really think he's the priority, exactly, it's just a money issue. If his employer is like many employers, they may cover him (the employee) at no cost. But in order to add family members to his plan he would have to pay, and they "can't afford" that so he doesn't add them.

So how can they afford pre- and post-natal care??? Is she on Medicaid? I know the children are.

Is it bad that I had the exact same impression?

Considering how courtship in fundie circles tends to go (the two people courting don't seem to be able to get to know each other very well), I always wondered if he knew she was sickly before they got married (assuming she was in fragile health pre-marriage) If her health issues weren't disclosed to him or only popped up after he married her, I bet he wishes he could return her for a functional model, so to speak. So instead of doing what normal, caring husbands do- discussing, with his wife, the possibility of adjusting their life expectations for things like how many kids they're going to have- he's just going to run her ragged until she breaks down and trade up afterward. Because somehow that's more Godly.

Bolding mine

Yes, I too, agree that Kristina is a "clunker" to Josh. If he cherished his wife, he'd move heaven and earth to ensure her health. Perhaps he does and we just don't see it. But what I see is a selfish child throws a leg over his wife and knocks her up again, knowing that her health issues.

IIRC, her health issues didn't manifest until she became pregnant. I've been following her (on her blog and on her FB page) for awhile and there was no indication of prolonged illness or complaints of unexplained fatigue.

I wish her a healthy pregnancy but I fear the worst, that she will end up worn out with child bearing and child raising and die too young. Who knows? Perhaps, for her, that is truly putting her life in God's hands.

It angers me that she is putting her children at risk of losing their mother. All they will hear is she gave up her life for God. What kid can understand that- all the kid will know is that her mother is dead, a three or four year old won't care that her mother is "with Jesus in Heaven."

So how can they afford pre- and post-natal care??? Is she on Medicaid? I know the children are.

Did she say that the kids were on Medicaid? They have been in and out of hospitals, I was wondering how they could possibly afford the costs of medical care for the kids.

Kristina, can you honestly not see why we are frustrated? If you do not have health insurance because you cant afford $400/month, then you must be relying on "government handouts" to birth this baby. But then to speak out against Obama as aggressively as your husband does when YOU are one of the 47% Romney talks about is mind boggling. Cant you see that if the Republicans have their way, you wont have any financial assistance for your medical needs because you are nothing but a dirty freeloader, by their definition?How do you reconcile that?

Hi Kristina! Glad you took time out to swipe at us! Why not come out of the cold as face the heathens head on? Come on, you did it before!

Speaking of before, right about that time we were discussing Carrie Chimeleiwski and the tragic end of her pregnancy, remember? We were pretty concerned about her husband was controlling her pregnancy and we all know how that ended up... There are a lot of people here with a lot of experience. A LOT more than you have, collectively. Maybe you should wonder why a whole bunch of strangers have more concern for your health than your husband does... :whistle:

Did she say that the kids were on Medicaid? They have been in and out of hospitals, I was wondering how they could possibly afford the costs of medical care for the kids.

Ooooh, I get it, their government assistance is the only moral government assistance, they're the only ones who work hard enough to merit WIC, Medicaid and probably SNAP. (I'm guessing they're on SNAP if they're on WIC. I could be wrong.) So everyone else on WIC, Medicaid and SNAP are lazy sods. Cognitive dissonance is fun, y'all.

Hi Kristina! Glad you took time out to swipe at us! Why not come out of the cold as face the heathens head on? Come on, you did it before!

Speaking of before, right about that time we were discussing Carrie Chimeleiwski and the tragic end of her pregnancy, remember? We were pretty concerned about her husband was controlling her pregnancy and we all know how that ended up... There are a lot of people here with a lot of experience. A LOT more than you have, collectively. Maybe you should wonder why a whole bunch of strangers have more concern for your health than your husband does... :whistle:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kristina - Sure, we have usually given you a hard time before but if you actually read the post, most of us are worried about you! No snark - but you just do not have the needed education to understand what you are doing to your body! IIRC you have had issues with your health before you even started courting and with each pregnancy the symptoms intensify. Don't you feel bad that Kloe has spent most of her life with your mom and others because you have been too sick/pregnant to take care of her alone? What is the point of having all of these babies if you are A. going to be sick and not there for them B. Scare them with your "popping" and C. Leave yourself open to death with each pregnancy?!

And how exactly are you paying for them? Legitimate and easy enough question.....your public wants to know.

Kristina, if you look at figures, you and your family are the "typical" recipients of government aid. Obama and I both support your decision to determine your own family size and use available resources to feed and care for them. I do not begrudge you a dime, because I am a mother of a large family who probably is on the exact same programs. Hey, the American taxpayers (at least the liberal ones) want healthy children and women who are empowered to choose their own family size. You go, girl!

But consider that you are voting against yourself. You are voting against people like you. Romney thinks *you* are a scourge on society, a "victim" who is a guaranteed vote for Obama. Is he right? Or does he have no idea what you and people like you think and do? Also, as much as you couch it in terms of Godliness, the fact is that you *want* a large family. And you should have it, as many babies as you want and can reasonably care for! Please respect that other women want other family sizes and are also entitled to choose them.

Also, please stop hitting your babies. Spanking is controversial and I am sure you can make a compelling argument for it if you were brave enough to come here, but hitting a small toddler is *not* Biblical and not good parenting. Have your brood, support them with government tax dollars, but please stop abusing them.

Wow, people on Freejinger can knock down me and my husband because we're having another child, but the can talk trash all they want and that is okay? We're concerned for your health and the health of your children and the fact that your husband doesn't think you're important enough to pay for health insurance. You let your kids watch TV. I assume your husband drives to work every day. Get rid of your TV, have Josh bike to work, switch from cell phones to a house phone. Put that money toward health insurance.

Hmmm... Just so everyone on there knows, my health is great, So great that you have fibro, repeated cases of mono, were hemorrhaging after your first birth and during your second pregnancy you had to be carted around in a wheelchair after only a few minutes of walking. You don't have to be a doctor to know that that is NOT healthy.

the number of children God allows us to have is really not up to you. In kind of is when you depend on others to financially support them.

By the way, I'm perfectly capable of taking care of my children by myself! Yet you depend on financial assistance from the government (despite it being so "evil" according to your husband) and MONTHS of live-in support from your mother to raise them.

I would qualify myself as a very loving mother who is very nurturing to her children. You leave BABIES to cry themselves to sleep (I assume in a separate room where they can't see or hear you, which is scary for a baby) and spank them for crying out for basic needs (a baby's stomach starts out about the size of a marble. Thus, they WILL be hungry OFTEN! Their skin is extremely delicate and sensitive--a tag on their shirt, fabric softener, or a diaper that is dirty for even a few minutes will hurt them--don't you cry when you are hurt? Do people strike you when you ask for help?). You plop them in front of the TV instead of interacting with them. You put one person's interpretation of a Bible verse above your children's basic needs, including the need for motherly love and access to health care, in order to try and live up to an image/a set of rules/to be a martyr. Your daughter is so afraid of you and your husband that she wants to protect her siblings from your hitting/spanking/chastising/training/whatever word you want to use to describe your hand striking their bottom to instill fear and obedience. The number of children you have has nothing to do with this.

Found this gem on her Facebook page:

Kristina's Keepsakes Jesus wasn't popped because He was perfect. Completely sinless, therefore he didn't disopbey his parents and they had no need to pop him.

I do talk to them and tell them what they did wrong. What's wrong with America today is that too many parents "talked" to their kids insted of spanking them. If they would have been taught that there is a price to pay for doing wrong maybe we wouldn't have all the wild teens that we have.

Kristina, read your Bible. Luke 2:43-45 tells the story of when Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem without his parents' knowledge. That's disobedience. And there is no evidence that Mary "popped" him afterwards.

You can dress it up however you like. Call it popping, call it spanking, but what you are doing is hitting your kids. You are hitting babies who do not have the mental capabilities to connect their behavior with you causing them pain. What is wrong with talking to your kids and explaining that actions have logical consequences? Teaching children that they will be hit is not showing them a logical consequence of an action. If you get pulled over for speeding, the officer doesn't spank you. If your husband shows up late to work, his boss doesn't spank him. No, the consequences are connected with the actions. What you are doing isn't logical and it doesn't work.

And for the record, they had wild teens back in the days when more kids were spanked. Teens still drank and had sex. Teens still disobeyed their parents. I'm not sure how you are such an expert on teens today, considering you had a sheltered childhood and have never parented a teen.

Kristina's Keepsakes Jesus wasn't popped because He was perfect. Completely sinless, therefore he didn't disopbey his parents and they had no need to pop him.

I do talk to them and tell them what they did wrong. What's wrong with America today is that too many parents "talked" to their kids insted of spanking them. If they would have been taught that there is a price to pay for doing wrong maybe we wouldn't have all the wild teens that we have.

May I also suggest you read the infancy gospel of Thomas. What, you've never heard of it? Gee, I'm shocked! There are quite a few gospels that didnt make it into your nice, tidy, KJV!

This infancy gospel has Jesus being a little ass. He blinds people that complain about him, curses children who bump into him, and kills another child who knocks his water over. Oh, and he doesnt listen to teacher.

"Perfect" - totally...

I only wish her and family the best. I hope her mother doesn't get to worn out also. I do think it is rude for them to judge others on government assistance. The way people are treated on assistance is awful. We need to compile a list on what is a form of government assistance.

1. Library

2. roads

3. Public school

I have fibromyalgia and I would never call my health "great". I want kids more than anything in the world, but my husband wants me to be in less pain and to have more energy before we start a family. *gasp* Guess that means he doesn't love me as much as Kristina's husband loves her? Oh wait... :think:

It's a little special that Kristina is the only person in the world who has fibromyalgia and great health!

Jesus was baptized as an adult and spends time before his public ministry in the wilderness being tempted by Satan. Those are pretty good indications that he wasn't a perfect little boy. If he had been, he would have had no need to have walked into the Jordan River for the Holy Spirit to descend.

Fail Kristina, miserable fail.

I have fibromyalgia and I would never call my health "great". I want kids more than anything in the world, but my husband wants me to be in less pain and to have more energy before we start a family. *gasp* Guess that means he doesn't love me as much as Kristina's husband loves her? Oh wait... :think:

It's a little special that Kristina is the only person in the world who has fibromyalgia and great health!

You've got it all wrong Burps. If the headship really loved you, he'd be rutting over you like a goat to produce as many blessings as the Lord sees fit. It doesn't count if you two are doing the horizontal tango with protection, that is not trusting the Lord or wanting God's best for your wife. :naughty:

I only wish her and family the best. I hope her mother doesn't get to worn out also. I do think it is rude for them to judge others on government assistance. The way people are treated on assistance is awful. We need to compile a list on what is a form of government assistance.

1. Library

2. roads

3. Public school

I'll add:

4. Public transportation

5. First responders (fire, EMT, police)

6. Student loans so people can become doctors & nurses (Hey, Kristina, ask your doctor about their student loan debt. I dare you.)

7. The FDA- you know, the agency that ensures that the antibiotics you've taken at various points in your life for things like strep throat won't kill you

8. The EPA- the agency that ensures that the water that comes out of your tap is safe to drink and that the air stays, you know, breathable.

9. The infrastructure for this little thing called the internet. Perhaps you've heard of it?

10. State and national parks so we can enjoy the beauty of the US

You've got it all wrong Burps. If the headship really loved you, he'd be rutting over you like a goat to produce as many blessings as the Lord sees fit. It doesn't count if you two are doing the horizontal tango with protection, that is not trusting the Lord or wanting God's best for your wife. :naughty:

Oh dear. I guess my headship is just selfish for wanting to, you know, spend the rest of his life with the woman he married, rather than seeing her die in childbirth and/or suffer in painful silence. I guess there's a plus to this: we'll be able to spend eternity in hell together! :dance:

Isnt Joshie supposed to be protecting his delicate flower of a wife? Maybe he's insecure in his manhood and needs to prove his manliness by knocking up his wife and keeping her that way. Joshie needs to go to Doug Phillips (who is a tool) and ask for a class on how to be a manly man while not risking his wife's life just to prove how big his dick is.

Is her husband a SODRT graduate?

Considering his obvious inability to comprehend basic concepts regarding illness and pregnancy thats a good guess.

Considering his obvious inability to comprehend basic concepts regarding illness and pregnancy thats a good guess.

Does their church help them out? I don't mean food and clothes but electric bills and utilities? They have children they may be eligible for some assistance from the local utilities and I think there is a trickle down program that originates as fed $ but goes into communities for utility relief durning the winter. I wish they would take advantage of every program that could help them. I also wish they would be honest about any help, govt. or private, they receive.

The biggest thing that irks me about Josh and Kristina is the hypocrisy. They grumble about Obamacare and universal healthcare (see Josh's comments about the English healthcare system during the Olympics) and then turn around and put their kids on medicaid. They grumble about social programs and then accept WIC.

Oh, wait. I get it. They deserve government help because their special snowflakes. Everyone else can go screw themselves.

I think the hospital can automatically file for Medicaid for the baby, so it can get paid.

But I do love how these people having boatloads of kids without insurance are basically pushing off the expense on the taxpayers--you know, people like me with no children who pay more taxes as a result. I don't begrudge paying taxes, not hardly. However, I do get annoyed by people who insist on multiplying and replenishing the earth, Mars and Venus, and do it unashamedly on the taxpayer's dime, as part of a religious belief.

I don't want to get too off topic, but this is what would happen if we had universal healthcare (which I am fully in favor of). Taxpayers would be paying for the medical care for women who are having children they can't afford, and then the medical care for the children. I would have no problem with this. I think everyone should have equal access to proper medical care. But we would all have to accept that our tax dollars help support people making decisions we don't agree with.

Archived