IGNORED

Kristina Keepsake is pregnant with #4

simplysweet

I am sure this has been discussed before, but WHY did she choose that insane spelling for her girl twin???

Okay, I have a Reagan that is deliberately mispelled *because* she was named for my great-grandmother's maiden name. It was mispelled when they were processed at Ellis Island and I had to think long and hard and ultimately decided to stick with the family heritage instead of the proper spelling. However, her spelling is NOT how I have seen immigration mispellings, so *is* she just trying to be trendy, can she not spell, or does she have an actual reason?

I have NEVER seen it spelled Raegan. It just looks painful.

Don't look for a family meaning, she just thinks it's cute, like naming her crochet store Kristina Kreative Kreations or KKK for the intimates.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't look for a family meaning, she just thinks it's cute, like naming her crochet store Kristina Kreative Kreations or KKK for the intimates.

:shock:

That just sounds stupid and redu.dant even if ot were spelled with C's. Kristina's Kreations would have been better. Or Kristina's Creations.

Btw, I do know how to spell redundant and it. My iphone makes it hard to edit posts. I'm bad with smartphones. :)

It's a "plus" that he loves the kid? She would have settled for someone who hated Michael, but Aaron likes him so that's a plus. :doh:

and, yeah. "Keeping her in the church"? Sounds like he drags her by her hair every Sunday. Poor girl, I hope she breaks free again and it sticks this time.

This bothered me as well. If a man didn't like my kids that would be an instant dealbreaker.

in countries with no access to contraception and a lot of poverty rates of children per woman are about 6-8 I think. It means that some women are infertile and will never have any, some are super fertile like Duggars and have a shitload, then others have a medium fertility and have a wider space between kids, just because for some people it takes several cycles to get pregnant. It's all a balance, Courtney at Sweet Tea and Buttermilk seems to be very fertile, Kristina might just be a bit less.

Look at the Maxwells, they have more space between children and it counts towards the general mean too.

Don't forget the role of breastfeeding in keeping down the general fertility rate. It doesn't work the same way for every woman, but it can provide between 6 mos and even up to 2 years (when done exclusively, on demand, and in societies where nutrition may be an issue) of time between pregnancies.

I also suspect that in societies where children sleep with parents and everyone sleeps in very close quarters, there was likely less opportunities for conception.

My grandfather was born in 1901 and had 13 siblings. It'd be surprising if my great-grandmother didn't have miscarriages, and considering the child mortality rate at the time, there were most likely more than the 14 children who lived to adulthood. It was not at all uncommon to have that many children at the time.

My grandmother was one of 20.

My mother one of 6 and there would have been more but her parents divorced. (way back when divorce was a huge scandal....in the 50s)

Ahh that is my favorite Kristina story. When we pointed it out and she got defensive.

As my OB said, breastfeeding keeps the fertility rate down at a general population level, but it doesn't necessarily work on an individual level.

So....I know women who conceived 6 weeks after giving birth, despite breastfeeding, but you also have women like me who didn't have a period for a full year due to breastfeeding.

Extended breastfeeding would have been more of a norm in ancient times. There's a reference in the Book of Samuel to Hannah keeping baby Samuel with her until he was weaned, and then having him live with the priest at Beth El. He would have been a toddler by that point. There are also Talmudic references (going back at least 2,000 years) to a child needing to be breastfed for 2 years, and to women using a sponge-like contraceptive device until the previous child was weaned. It makes sense - breastmilk could have literally meant the difference between life and death at that time. It also shows, though, the idea that the life and health of existing children should not be jeopardized by a new addition. That principle, IMO, should still apply. If you are so drained that you cannot deal with night wakings, or have the patience to discipline children without using physical punishment, the older kids are losing out.

As my OB said, breastfeeding keeps the fertility rate down at a general population level, but it doesn't necessarily work on an individual level.

So....I know women who conceived 6 weeks after giving birth, despite breastfeeding, but you also have women like me who didn't have a period for a full year due to breastfeeding.

Extended breastfeeding would have been more of a norm in ancient times. There's a reference in the Book of Samuel to Hannah keeping baby Samuel with her until he was weaned, and then having him live with the priest at Beth El. He would have been a toddler by that point. There are also Talmudic references (going back at least 2,000 years) to a child needing to be breastfed for 2 years, and to women using a sponge-like contraceptive device until the previous child was weaned. It makes sense - breastmilk could have literally meant the difference between life and death at that time. It also shows, though, the idea that the life and health of existing children should not be jeopardized by a new addition. That principle, IMO, should still apply. If you are so drained that you cannot deal with night wakings, or have the patience to discipline children without using physical punishment, the older kids are losing out.

...because some things are worth reiterating.

I really do feel sorry for Kristina. With a little (real) education and wider view of the world, I think she would have an awesome chance at life. Those poor kiddos, doomed to repeat the mistakes. I hope that Kristina gets out, somehow, someday...

And just for the hell of it, let's not forget Kristina's foray into deer hunting in full camo floor length skirt and long sleeved shirt and orange vest. Nothing like trying to be quiet in the forest dragging all that material behind you.

I feel sorry for her kids but Kristina is full-on on this way of life, her blog about abortion with the graphic images, the defense of submissiveness and wearing skirts, etc, etc. Her kids are being spanked, and she thinks that makes her nurturing. She goes on having kids, and staying at home not contributing to the family revenue.

I feel sorry for the children (and women) in ALL of these families. It can be so hard to keep up with the emotional and educational needs of ONE young child. Add two, three, four more to the mix and I just don't think it can be done, particularly when mom is the one doing 90% of the hour to hour parenting.

My daughter was having one of those rough toddler days today and just needed to be held and read to for 45 minutes this afternoon. Just needed some love and quiet time with mom. How do you provide that if you have 3 other kids under 4 running around? The fundie answer is that they children don't *really* need that kind of attention. If they're Pearl adherents, they say that the kid just needs a decent "correction" with a piece of plumbing line or a smack of the hand. Or you "train" them so that you can stick them on a blanket and have them "behave" for hours at a time. It's just so sad.

And poor Kristina. She must be EXHAUSTED.

I keep seeing mentions of Kristina having to use a wheelchair while she was pregnant with the twins and this is proof that her body is too worn out to have kids, but I don't agree this is true. She only used a wheelchair the last two weeks she was pregnant with the twins--her pregnancy pictures show that her stomach was extremely big. Depending on how your body is proportioned, you can be tall yet have a short torso meaning you don't have a lot of room in your abdominal cavity for two babies to grow (so not only are the babies pressing on your bladder, but on your lungs making it hard to breathe as well)--this happened to my friend when she had twins. If you have a tilted uterus, the babies can be pressing on your spine, too, making it a lot harder to walk.

From reading this thread, I got the impression Kristina was so sick we was confined to a wheelchair all the time, when that's not the case.

A few points here:

--If the wheelchair was the ONLY complication Kristina had in otherwise uncomplicated pregnancies, I don't think there would be much snark on it. And yet, it was only one of the most recent in a long line of pregnancy-related health complications. Also, after this happened to your friend, did she continue to have babies almost every year? Yes, it is true that some women aren't made for childbearing and will naturally have harder pregnancies than others. That is our point. Kristina is not made for child bearing, she has hard pregnancies, and so far she has always had severe complications. So she shouldn't be having kids every year. Especially when this means she cannot care for the babies she already has.

--I'm curious, if you don't define being confined to a wheelchair when going more than a short distance as "all the time", then what do you define it as? IIRC, she wasn't out of it that often. Yeah, she could get in and out and walk to the bathroom, but that was basically it. Apart from a few snatches of time, she was either in her wheelchair, in a chair, or in bed "all the time".

Been meaning to post this for a long time. I am soo discusted that Josh and Kristina are having another child. You would think that if they wanted to have more kids they would wait a little longer till her health was more stable. Josh is a dick if he does not help w/ the kids, I am sure he struts around saying what a wonderful father he is but all he does is spank them

I really do feel sorry for Kristina. With a little (real) education and wider view of the world, I think she would have an awesome chance at life. Those poor kiddos, doomed to repeat the mistakes. I hope that Kristina gets out, somehow, someday...

I have to agree with everything that you have said. I highly doubt that will happen though. I also think that if she had a real education she would see what her husband really is, a gay man trying to be what he is suppose to be. Maybe that is why he hunts because he was to prove he is some manly guy, when he really is not.

... I also think that if she had a real education she would see what her husband really is, a gay man trying to be what he is suppose to be. Maybe that is why he hunts because he was to prove he is some manly guy, when he really is not.

So what pinged your gaydar?

So what pinged your gaydar?

I can't really say what pinged my gaydar. Maybe when I saw his picture on her original blog, and even more when I found his facebook page, and the stuff he had written was being against gays maybe it was a way of trying to over compensate how he was feeling inside.

Maybe in a way to "stick it" to the people over here, Kristina's has posted two things on her facebook blog. 1) a statement about how much she loves seeing Josh and Kloe reading together and 2) a picture of her and Josh together.

I totally thought that was her way of saying see, we really are a happy and loving family! Nothing wrong here! Sorry Kristina, not buying it.

I totally thought that was her way of saying see, we really are a happy and loving family! Nothing wrong here! Sorry Kristina, not buying it.

Agree!! I totally not buying it either.

Archived