IGNORED

Sister Wives

Alecto

It seems Maddie is being recruited by a couple Colleges already:

dce713ca4ec711e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

The Brown kids seem to be quite smart despite their father being an air head, so I hope they can get into the colleges they want. :)

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't read too much into the letters from colleges. I got bombarded with them starting sophomore year, and they weren't even colleges I had ever expressed interest in. I think the testing companies like ETS sell the test-takers' info.

I wouldn't read too much into the letters from colleges. I got bombarded with them starting sophomore year, and they weren't even colleges I had ever expressed interest in. I think the testing companies like ETS sell the test-takers' info.

Oh thank you for the correction :) I didn't finish high school so I have no experience with college letters.

Oh thank you for the correction :) I didn't finish high school so I have no experience with college letters.

The college letters are crazy, but I think, at least for more selective colleges, they don't bother unless you have pretty high test scores. I filled a huge box with all the mailings I got from colleges my last 3 years of high school. I wanted to use them as a basis of the pages for a scrap book, but I messed up the paper-making process some how, the whole thing just ended up stinking up my mom's garage. :violin:

I think the dynamic would have been better if they'd never brought Robyn in although thinking from the show side of things LOL for me not their personal lives. I think Christine and Janelle are sick of Robyn. Meri has a hard time with it but it seems like she honestly believes this is how she could live even if it hurts.

The first three wives - I can see them ditching Kody and Robyn and taking the kids and running.

I personally dont understand why Janelle's in it at all. She seems the least affectionate. And Kody is the least affectionate towards her. Kody really seems closest to Meri (whom I love) and Robyn...

It seems to be that Meri and Robyn are coupling up, which will lead to Christine and Janelle coupling up . I predict that it will cause a real problem.

I'm curious to see if Robyn is going to do the surrogate thing for Meri.

Cody is especially smarmy to me, and very openly tries to profit from the show--all the while pretending he is making some sort of statement about religious freedom. Ugh. If I were married to him I would never want to spend time with him.

Yeah, I am actually curious if Robyn is going to surrogate for Meri. That would certainly make for interesting TV.

Whenever I look at Kody, I try to figure out why these women would all want to be married to him. Apparently he's got something I'm not seeing?? (Such as a huge unit, or something?)

Some of these women seem reasonably intelligent (everyone BUT Robyn). So I just dont get it.

Does anyone know when the show is coming back?

On March 4, 2012, Sister Wife Robyn Sullivan Brown tweeted "The new season of #sisterwives will be airing sometime this spring. Not sure of dates yet. Be watching @tlc for exact details"

• 1 month later...

Did anyone read the Brown family book that came out this week?

There was another recent FJ thread on SW somewhere. Some posters seemed to like Meri. Not so much after reading the book, I'll bet. Actually scratch that. None of the adults come off too well, which is not very surprising.

The Brown adults "came out of the polygamy closet" to show that they were just like everyone else and polygamy is a positive, healthy family lifestyle. Well, if you believe that everyone is secretly unhappy, screwed up, passive-aggressive, and lies about themselves to present a happy-happy-joy-joy public face that is nothing like reality then, check, they accomplished their first goal. However, they showed that they are really unhappy (or in the case of Kody, immature and clueless) people living an unhappy lifestyle so a big fail on the second goal.

It's called "Becoming Sister Wives: The Story of an Unconventional Marriage" and it came out May 1. IMHO it basically outs them as lhaving lied on TV and elsewhere about their relationships with each other.

It's called "Becoming Sister Wives: The Story of an Unconventional Marriage" and it came out May 1. IMHO it basically outs them as lhaving lied on TV and elsewhere about their relationships with each other.

Why? I read the reviews on Amazon and it seemed like the book was pretty vague/full of the usual TLC bullshit.

I might see if the library has the book. No way will I spend money on one though, I don't want to read it that much.

I heard on NPR of another book about a polygamous family... It's called Love Times Three: Our True Story of a Polygamous Marriage.

They interviewed the family and it really sounds a lot like what the Brown family tries to push. Although, seriously, I want to read the book cuz I cant help myself. It's such a bizarre lifestyle to me and the voyeur in my just cant pull myself away from reading more...

I heard on NPR of another book about a polygamous family... It's called Love Times Three: Our True Story of a Polygamous Marriage.

They interviewed the family and it really sounds a lot like what the Brown family tries to push. Although, seriously, I want to read the book cuz I cant help myself. It's such a bizarre lifestyle to me and the voyeur in my just cant pull myself away from reading more...

Love Times Three is about the Darger family. Joe Darger gives me the serious creeps. Any time I have seen him on video / film or anything he has written that I have read (the family has a blog) gives me the serious patriarchy / controlling vibe. And for those of you into the "unusual", he married identical twins and their first cousin. My spidey sense tingles off the map about him.

Why? I read the reviews on Amazon and it seemed like the book was pretty vague/full of the usual TLC bullshit.

Enough was written to contradict the Brown family messages that they are a happy family and that polygamy is a positive lifestyle. If you are interested in a serious in-depth review of this book, the TV series, and the family, Sister Wives Blog has that (full disclosue: I have written for SWB blog in the past).

Some tidbits:

1. Meri was so unpleasant and cruel in the past that she drove both Janelle and Christine to move out into homes of their own. Remember that in the first season the Original Recipe 3 swore up and down that they got along well and that having sister wives was a great perk of "the lifestyle". Also remember how Meri stabbed Janelle and Christine in the back in the last season by stating that Robyn was the sister wive she always wanted but never had before.

2. Meri was surprised by Kody's courtship of Janelle and did not want it. Also Kody courted Christine even after Meri told him that she wasn't ready for it. IIRC, and I believe it's on tape somewhere, it was explained that courtships and marriages did not happen without all the wives concurrances.

3. Kody revealed that each wife supports her own family (herself and her kids). We were told in the firs season that supporting the extended family was a group effort and that there was 1 pot of funds for the group, with Janelle acting as financial manager. I am familiar with the Browns' rotational bankruptcies and creativity employed to receive government benefits as I have reviewed their public bankruptcy paperwork (My analysis is available on Sister Wives Blog). Funny how this part of the finances did not make it into the book.

There is more, but since Meri is the first wife, she is as good a place as any to start.

Archived