IGNORED

Sister Wives

Alecto

Having suffered infertility and gone through three rounds of IVF I can assure you there is no guarantee IVF will even work, plus doubt it is covered under their insurance, so look to at least $50,000 a cycle.

I am of the camp that says Meri should not WANT a house with so many rooms. She needs a home appropriate for the number of kids she has, not the kids she wanted. It makes no fiscal sense to spend all that money on her house. I don't even see any income so where do they think they can afford FOUR homes??? And isn't Vegas foreclosure city? It is much cheaper to buy than build in many places. The whole thing is goof ballwakadoodle.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next week the family meets up with the Darger Family http://lovetimesthree.com/ - he married twin sisters and their cousin. They have been making the TV rounds lately and have a book and supposedly their own TV show coming up (My 3 Wives)

Kody makes the comment "He is leading his family, and my wives are leading me!"

This isn't a show that I'd seen much of before - just a few episodes the other year - so I went looking and found one of the most recent episodes on youtube.. watched part of it last night, went back to finish it today and it had been yanked. RATS :P

Why don't they just build one huge house for all of them? The episode I saw, it looked like they were buying building lots to build four homes? They don't want to live all together in the same actual house?

I only saw the last 20 minutes last night, but I could sure see how the bald dude's family actually functions like a family. They live together, eat together, etc. Sorry, Kody, but it doesn't matter what you say, you have 4 different marriages with 4 women who are very competitive with each other. Just that brief conversation of the kitchen share with Meri & Jan showed how competitive they were after the 2nd marriage. Who cares where the glasses go, "it" wasn't about the kitchen, it was a power struggle and Kody was to stupid to see.... :naughty:

I only saw the last 20 minutes last night, but I could sure see how the bald dude's family actually functions like a family. They live together, eat together, etc. Sorry, Kody, but it doesn't matter what you say, you have 4 different marriages with 4 women who are very competitive with each other. Just that brief conversation of the kitchen share with Meri & Jan showed how competitive they were after the 2nd marriage. Who cares where the glasses go, "it" wasn't about the kitchen, it was a power struggle and Kody was to stupid to see.... :naughty:

The Brown's marriage style always reminded me more of the FLDS branch of Mormonism, not the typical polygamy. Four distinct marriages and always the power struggle. From reading their book it made it sound like for the past twenty years they literally have always had problems with jealousy over one another. Eventually like everything you'd just have to get over it, if that means leaving then they should leave. It makes no sense to me, that anyone would want to have those feelings for so long, can't be good for your physical or mental health.

Yes, the "Brown women" clearly don't want to live in one big house. It may have worked when they all had very distinct spaces in the old house, but the addition of Robin to a house would probably have thrown whatever fragile peace they'd worked out right out the window.

Why women who are so suspicious and jealous of each other would ever want to live such a lifestyle is beyond my comprehension (although if I woke up in the Twilight Zone one morning and Kody was my husband, I'd much rather have him around only 25% of the time) and their issues were obvious in last night's episode.

I would have liked to have seen more of the older kids from both families discussing their take on their parents' choices. It's the kids and their true thoughts that interest me most, even as scripted as the show is at times. We see enough of ditzy Kody and his weepy wives.

It is completely insane for Meri to get the same amount of money and the same size house as the other wives get. WTF??? That's not "equality" - that's favoritism! As inappropriate as I think it is for them to be buying McMansions in the first place, at least the other three wives could justify it because they'll actually use the space.

I'm glad that reportedly they didn't get the houses anyway. I think I'd have been upset at such lousy credit risks qualifying for mcmansions. Meri couldn't have gotten a reasonable (for her family size) sized house there since it was a subdivision of mcmansions and the house wouldn't have fit in. I wonder if TLC induced the builder and real estate agent to go through the farce just for publicity.

I would like to see the Browns find a reasonable housing situation that if it doesn't put them back into one house at least puts them in close enough proximity that the kids feel like family. That's what they tried to sell us in the first season, wasn't it? One big happy family. :roll:

I'm glad that reportedly they didn't get the houses anyway. I think I'd have been upset at such lousy credit risks qualifying for mcmansions. Meri couldn't have gotten a reasonable (for her family size) sized house there since it was a subdivision of mcmansions and the house wouldn't have fit in. I wonder if TLC induced the builder and real estate agent to go through the farce just for publicity.

I would like to see the Browns find a reasonable housing situation that if it doesn't put them back into one house at least puts them in close enough proximity that the kids feel like family. That's what they tried to sell us in the first season, wasn't it? One big happy family. :roll:

I think that the cat's out of the bag as far as the 'one big happy family' bit goes. :shock: The builder and the real estate agent probably got some nice $$$$$ for helping with the farce (or welcomed the free PR.)

One of the Las Vegas natives posted it on TWoP that they didn't get the houses. No other verification so far, but it seems more likely to think they didn't all qualify for those mortgages than to think that they did.

I think the Darger family rattled their cages and brought lots of their failures to the surface. The Dargers as healthy, in shape and organized. The Sister Wives and Kody are bumbling around, over weight and un- organized! The in -fighting among the Sister Wives was brought light and Kody's inability to be a strong husband/father figure. I do think they learned from interacting with this family.

Speaking as an unfortunately overweight and out of shape person (but working on it), it see that Liv International is very likely a pyramid scheme (although they are careful on the web). They ca help you "DETOX" your body, and live "green" and make you get in shape by taking these supplements (none of the people look remotely like Kody or his wives--they all have 6-pack abs, even the women). And while from the cursory hit on the web (not contacting the "representative") they also do things like hint--but never come out and say--that buying these "hydrating" supplements will keep you from getting cancer ("diseases and even cancer can only live in an ... (sorry, I forget if it's an alkali environment, I think that was it, or an acid one--anyway they are selling the one that gives you the other environment in which diseases and even cancer can't flourish).

I'm slow on the uptake sometimes. Now these douches make perfect sense to me.

Weren't they going to start a gym? I find it hilarious that they talk about wishing they had the self discipline to work out all the time when they were going to be fitness consultants. You don't have to be a bodybuilder to own a gym but as a consumer I'd at least like the person to have an interest in health, fitness, and working out, even if their body isn't quite there yet.

Weren't they going to start a gym? I find it hilarious that they talk about wishing they had the self discipline to work out all the time when they were going to be fitness consultants. You don't have to be a bodybuilder to own a gym but as a consumer I'd at least like the person to have an interest in health, fitness, and working out, even if their body isn't quite there yet.

Hahaha yes. In this episode they claim they do work out all the time and the only reason they don't look like the Dargers is genetics. Riiiiiight.

Of all the polygamist documentaries I've watched, the Browns seem to still have issues with one another than some polygamist families. Almost every episode I've seen of them involves one or all of them crying, their constant lecture over the jealousy issues, having difficult time getting over issues that occurred many years ago, etc. I'm not criticizing them but I think deep down, some of them are thinking that pleural marriage might not be the best thing but they refuse to speak it since they think this is the way to get to heaven. Jealously is a normal feeling to have but it seems like they can't, well won't, get over it and put their differences aside. Compared to the Browns, the Dargers think this lifestyle is the right lifestyle for them and have managed to get along with one another. The Browns, on the other hand, want to believe this is the right lifestyle yet refuse to put their differences aside to make this marriage work. I feel like the Browns have unresolved issues that they don't want to bring up, which is causing internal problems.

"some of them are thinking that pleural marriage might not be the best thing but they refuse to speak it since they think this is the way to get to heaven. "

This is the only way that this family makes sense to me. They sure are miserable on earth.

I love how Jenelle, mother of 6, says she can make do with 5 bedrooms, go ahead and take a room from her, she is willing to sacrifice so they dont go broke. Meanwhile Meri, mother of one, needs that SIXTH bedroom so she can have a WET BAR. Lets add on another 40 grand. WTF bitch, go buy a bar and put it somewhere. None of you drink, and why do you need an extra little sink??

Darger family seems to get the idea that they are ONE family.

Brown family seems like 4 families that share a husband/father.

That's NOT supposed to be the concept of a 'healthy' (if there can be such a thing) polygamous marriage.

While I thought Dad seemed a bit 'take charge', geez, at least he got stuff done. They definitely came off as a functional family who all seemed pretty happy, while the Browns came off as miserable, unhappy, chaotic messes.

Hahaha yes. In this episode they claim they do work out all the time and the only reason they don't look like the Dargers is genetics. Riiiiiight.

I thought it was interesting that Robyn said something like, "Meri, Janelle, and Christine all work out, I'm the only one who doesn't work out..." pause... What was her point? That she's the skinniest wife and doesn't even have to work out? Rubbing their noses in it a bit?

the different families in different houses that just share the father is the traditional Mormon polygamy, historically. Very few had the compound houses.

That's how the owners of my gym are and I love it. The wife teaches healthy cooking and exercise classes. She's recently (in the last 3 or so years) lost a lot of weight but sometimes still has trouble finishing the reps. She might get short of breath or finish with less than perfect form, but she's always encouraging and positive. I'd rather take a class from her, that pretty much any other trainer I've ever used!

Archived