IGNORED

Sister Wives

Alecto

Everyone's gonna jump on this... but I don't hate Kody. Not that he doesn't come across as an airhead or hasn't done annoying things (hello wedding dress overshare!) but the conversation he had with Mariah about working hard and going to college to do what she wanted, and some of his other interactions witht he kids, make me think he's not a bad father. Even if he is a dopey husband. I really like that he has and acknowledges a different kind of relationship with each wife too.

I am well aware that I am in the minority thought :)

p.s. Bill is my absolute least favorite character on BL and not to spoil anything but I LOVED how that series ended... so I am not all about the polygamous husband thing. Kody just never struck me as the controlling tool Bill was.

Hmm.... come to think of it, maybe that's the comparison that makes me like him. Pretty low standards I hold him to I guess :)

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the show off and on last night and boy are those teens depressed. If they really cared about their kids they would pull the plug on this show since it is obviously having a very negative effect on their children. And I can't stand Robyn.

I can't figure out if TLC is stupid, or they just think we're stupid. I mean, if you're going to try to make a cliffhanger out of Robin's pregnancy (Oh Noes! Will she miscarry?? Tune in next time!), why would you use a picture of Kody and the wives with Robin obviously in a full-blown late-stage pregnancy in the promos? Duh, TLC...

And if they're all broke (which we know they're not, thanks to TLC), why would they be furniture shopping for four houses? If you're gonna playact about how hard it is and how you can't pay bills, prob not a great idea to turn around and make an episode out of shopping for high-price items. People who can't afford new furniture leave their mattresses on the floor - I know, we did it for almost a year once, before we had the funds for the furniture set we wanted.

I can't believe I even wasted 15 minutes watching this...back to Sunday Night football for me!

Guest Anonymous

The whole "threatened miscarriage" was really stupid. We know she is still pregnant or maybe has already had the baby, I think she is due this month. The older kids are miserable. I feel bad for them.The whole real estate job idea seemed to just come out of nowhere. It's like they woke up one day and said "hey, lets be realtors!".

Ok just starting the episodes from today but did anyone else notice the suggestive touching between Logan (Janelle's son) and Mariah (Meri's dtr)?

Edited to fix which sister wife belonged to each child - gosh it's hard to keep track!

I did not see any suggestive touching between the two you mentioned, Logan and Mariah, not between Hunter and Mariah (since you mentioned that on a different forum). Mariah clearly stated in the interviews that she has not kissed anyone, and will save that until marriage.... so I think you are just making stuff up.

I haven't seen the most recent episodes, but...

This "Ultimately I wish there was a book on teens!" recently showed up on Janelle's twitter. Surely there are books out there about dealing with teenagers? This reminds me of Arrested Development when Lucille says something like "Children don't come with manuals" and the narrator says something like "Actually, there are thousands of books about child rearing, but Lucille refuses to acknowledge that fact."

Is anybody still watching this. From the last episode, it looks like Christine is a little over Robyn, or at least Kody catering to her.

Is anybody still watching this. From the last episode, it looks like Christine is a little over Robyn, or at least Kody catering to her.

I will probably watch this till the day it dies. Yup, Christine is no longer the young pretty one and Kody is still in the can't get enough of you stage with Robin.

I just started watching this on Netflix.

Kody is such a douche. I can't stand him. The one thing that sticks out in my mind is when he went on the Today Show and Meredith asks him why he has more than one wife. He completely flubs the question and is speechless for several seconds. He eventually said, "religious freedom, blah, blah, blah", but you know he was thinking "Duh! Because I get to have sex all the time with different women and when I get bored I just take on another wife!"

Christine is definitely not drinking the Robyn-ade. I can't say that I blame her.

The Robyn-aid! I love that! :)

I watched...I'll probably keep watching. Fundie Mormons kind of fascinate me. I mean, all fundies do, but Mormons are unique brand. I like the Browns. They certainly offer their kids much much more than the Duggars, but I think this season the fundieness is certainly coming up. When Kody was all concerned about his kids friends and wanted them to have religious friends because he assumed they would be more moral...then Christine equating allowing their kids to go to a Presbyterian youth group with "giving them over to the sharks". *rolls eyes*

I caught a glimpse of the "gender reveal" preview. I think that Robyn (in her mind at least) believes that she really is a newlywed having her first baby with her new husband and is giddy as a school girl. Cody has already been the newlywed expecting a baby before at least three other times (I think they now have seventeen kids between them counting the unborn and Robyn's kids from another guy).

Christine is definitely not drinking the Robyn-ade. I can't say that I blame her.

:lol: I thought the whole family seemed like a pretty good dynamic pre-Robyn.

To me it seems that Janelle is fed up with Robyn. She tends to stay quiet when Robyn is speaking and does not respond very often. Robyn seems too involved in the lives of the entire family. It is more like they joined her than she joined them. She has no teenage children so I don't see how she could have any say about a youth group, a church, or friends for the children of the other three wives. But she does!

Her comments about how she makes Kody a priority when he stays at her house were kind of a put down to the other wives, in my opinion. So does she shut her kids in their rooms and tell them to stay there and be quiet when Kody visits? Christine and Janelle have six kids each so making a big deal out of Kody could be kind of difficult. Plus, to them he is not new. He is still kind of a new husband/father to Robyn and her kids. I keep wondering what her ex-husband thinks when the kids refer to Kody as their dad. Is he still involved in their lives?

She has said that it was an abusive relationship in past episodes, so maybe not depending on what exactly happened. I don't know. Robyn saying she wanted to stay in the honeymoon phase forever was kind of funny. I mean, I think it's sweet of her to say and probably very well intended, but I don't think it will be the reality of her life (or anybody's really). She gives off the impression that she is looking for love, approval and belonging...at least to me. It seems like she wants to try very hard to have the "perfect" family but I wonder if she's holding on to that expectation a little too tightly. Maybe she didn't have a good home life growing up either, it's hard to say.

What I wonder is considering how it was Meri that kind of got the ball rolling on the relationship with Robyn and Kody, how does she feel about it (or her) now. She seems to be the most tolerant of the wives of Robyn.

I felt sorry for Janelle tonight. I'm not at all convinced that she was all in with letting her weight be taken and announced on national television. She just seemed very uncomfortable.

I felt sorry for Janelle tonight. I'm not at all convinced that she was all in with letting her weight be taken and announced on national television. She just seemed very uncomfortable.

Ditto.

She said something like, "When it was decided that we were going to say the number on television..." or "When we decided to share the number on television...". To me it came off as possibly being pressured to do this and to disclose her weight. Maybe they received free memberships and training in exchange? I can see wanting to loose weight, especially in Janelle's case...but having to do it on television for everyone to see must be horrible. I don't think I could subject myself to that even if it was free.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe they received free memberships and training in exchange?
It's TLC - OF COURSE they received free memberships and personal training. That's a given.

OTOH, I cracked up at Kody's comments about how the trainer was "professional," so he was sure he would "behave" himself around the wives. Like there's a line going out the door to tap that group...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, Kody? SERIOUSLY??!!

Actually, I think it would be great if they continued going to the gym, lost weight, improved their health, and began to realize they are/can be strong, independent women all by themselves. Whether or not they stay married, it would be nice to see each of them develop a little more self-esteem.

• 3 months later...

Archived