IGNORED

Rachel Held Evans spends year living according to the Bible,

memmy

Someone did this several years ago and wrote a best selling book, The Year of Living Biblically. Too lazy to look up his name.

It was A.J Jacobs. Rachel Held Evans seems to be writing it from a women's perspective according to the OT laws etc, which is a lot different than Jacobs book. I have been a longtime reader of Rachel's blog and she is an exceptional lady, I am excited to read her book!

I think I may have read Jacob's book... I stole (er, borrowed) it from somebody and it was hilarious. I'd love to actually finish reading it someday, and I'm going to look up the one by Rachel, as I've never heard of it and it sounds interesting.

The thing I love most about RHE is that she's not afraid to call out many evangelicals for what they are (at times).... Hateful bigots, whether against women, homosexuals, etc. I am excited about her book too. If it is anywhere near as good as her blog, I am sure it will be amazing,

I don't have a tent. Can I sleep in my camper when I have my period? Or can I stay in my bed since I sleep alone? I'm so taking a period cushion to sit on at work tomorrow.

Actually, that would be a great craft idea for Etsy - period cushions! :lol: Think of the possibilities! But someone will have to come up with a cool name because I have a bad headache & can't think right now.

I don't have a tent. Can I sleep in my camper when I have my period? Or can I stay in my bed since I sleep alone? I'm so taking a period cushion to sit on at work tomorrow.

Actually, that would be a great craft idea for Etsy - period cushions! :lol: Think of the possibilities! But someone will have to come up with a cool name because I have a bad headache & can't think right now.

Curse Cushions!

The pillow is a great idea. I am imagining a white pillow with a big red dot in the middle. You have to let all the menfolk know not to brush up against you so maybe you should wear a special garment marking you as unclean, a big red 'P' perhaps?

Curse Cushions!

As I recall, in the A.J. Jacobs book, at one point his wife rather happily sat on most of the surfaces in the house while on her period because she took a bit of offense at the whole notion of this making them unclean...

As I recall, in the A.J. Jacobs book, at one point his wife rather happily sat on most of the surfaces in the house while on her period because she took a bit of offense at the whole notion of this making them unclean...

I really think his wife, Julie ?, was my favourite "character" in "The Year...". I love how the book is really funny, without making fun of religion, he seems to be sincerely interested in what drives a religious worldview, as opposed to morons like Richard Dawkins, who'll never be anything but a schoolyard-bully.

I'm really excited about RHE's "woman-version".

That part had me laughing out loud!

(she forgot his son's little toy bench, or something. He did find someplace to sit.)

(she forgot his son's little toy bench, or something. He did find someplace to sit.)

I also was laughing out loud during the whole episode - it was probably one of my favorite parts of the whole book.

Iokaste - I liked Julie as a character a great deal as well!

OMG! I choked on my apple! :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Archived