IGNORED

Kate Gosselin haz a new job - blogging!

Buzzard

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I thought most of her mentions of coupons were edited in by Coupon Cabin staff anyway. Kate's almost only topic of conversation is Kate.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wasn't exactly the most, er, diplomatic announcement, wasn't it? I thoroughly got a kick out of it.

That was quick and blunt.

It makes me wonder if they were getting a lot of flak for having Kate and what that might say about any of her future endeavors.

ETA: I'm a Secret Duggar!

Jon Goselin was an abused spouse who was still a child when he married and found himself the father of 8 tiny children and a manipulative shrew for a wife who was out to milk every dime she felt the world owed her. When he left, he did exactly what FAR too many abused spouses do and had a lot of immaturity and growing pains to get back on his feet.

If the genders had been reversed, the public would have CLEARLY seen the abuse. Instead, he started dating lots of women, after he claims to have caught her cheating (and I truly believe she was and possibly still is) and the public turned on him. It helps that Kate had the machine of TLC to spin it all in her favor and make certain she came out looking like the poor, wronged, devoted wife and mother---niether of which was she in real life.

SO glad to hear she is no longer couponing for salary. She ought to have enough money to care for herself and her kids for LIFE if she lived a MODEST lifestyle. Personally, I hope her kids follow the footsteps of other child stars and minor athletes and sue her for squander the fortune earned at the cost of THEIR childhoods.

Jon Goselin was an abused spouse who was still a child when he married and found himself the father of 8 tiny children and a manipulative shrew for a wife who was out to milk every dime she felt the world owed her. When he left, he did exactly what FAR too many abused spouses do and had a lot of immaturity and growing pains to get back on his feet.

If the genders had been reversed, the public would have CLEARLY seen the abuse. Instead, he started dating lots of women, after he claims to have caught her cheating (and I truly believe she was and possibly still is) and the public turned on him. It helps that Kate had the machine of TLC to spin it all in her favor and make certain she came out looking like the poor, wronged, devoted wife and mother---niether of which was she in real life.

SO glad to hear she is no longer couponing for salary. She ought to have enough money to care for herself and her kids for LIFE if she lived a MODEST lifestyle. Personally, I hope her kids follow the footsteps of other child stars and minor athletes and sue her for squander the fortune earned at the cost of THEIR childhoods.

That's all true, but she clearly did not and is not living a modest lifestyle and it's the kids who will suffer for it. Despite how despicable I find her I want her to find some kind of income if only for the sake of those kids who don't deserve to be punished because their mom is, well, Kate.

Apparenty, Kate's been booted from the site as a columnist:

Breaking News: CouponCabin fires Kate

"A series of recent events have made it clear to me that Kate Gosselin and her contributions do not align with the authenticity which we set out to build almost a decade ago, and that Ms. Gosselin is simply not a good fit."

Ohhh, I can't wait to hear the rest of this.

I'm glad she is gone. It is funny when she first got hired at CC I worte a letter as well as my mom and a few other fellow couponers in my group. We all got responses from CC about how they had faith in Kate and she was part of their new brand. I never went back on CC after that. It is obviously the book that has made them change thier mind.

At first I know some people liked her having a job outisde of the kids on tv but don't worry she does not need the money. Even with her nails, tans and fake hair she is set for life. She has lifetime sponsors for food, toilet paper, and clothes. Her house has a very small mortgage left on it and she made millions. If she is paying almost $200k a year for elementary school she is doing fine. Jon's child support was adjust earlier this year now that he has a normal job (he was making around 50-60k) because Kate's income was some much higher. They also have 50/50 custody now. So between the 10 hours the kids are gone at school (they go to a private school and take a bus for about 1 hour each way), Jon's time and Kate saying she has a babysitter 15 hours a week, if she REALLY needed a job she could work without paying for babysitters (which is her excuse on every tv show). She has at least 85 hours kid free a week. She chooses to run 10k's and go to NYC instead of going back to the ICU. I thought it was funny Andy Cohen on WWHL this week asked her about nursing and she gave the babysitter excuse, then he pushed her and she said it would be hard now implying she was too famous, so he said why not be kate private(sexy) nurse for hire and she got annoyed.

Did anyone else catch the mention of "support staff" in the CEO's letter? Very telling! So either so has a staff who actually does her writing for her, or Purse Boy/security guard/manager Stevie was a thorn in the side for all involved in this endeavor. Either way, Kate got fired and for that I am very, very happy!

I thought one of her kids got kicked out of the private school. Maybe I have them mixed up with a different tv family.

The Little Family, Big World family had their youngest kid kicked out of school.

IIRC, two of the Gosselin children (Collin and Alexis, the two kids that least fit Kate's little model for acceptable child behavior) were suspended for aggressive behavior.

I thought one of her kids got kicked out of the private school. Maybe I have them mixed up with a different tv family.

I think she was homeschooling two of them for a bit after some behavioral issues, I dont know if she cleared that up and got them back in school.

I really would love to get my hands on that book! I wonder what publishing laws are if it was done internationally... I'd pay overseas shipping...

2 kids kids got expelled. The 2 kids were having discpline problems (hitting an aide or teacher and hurting other kids repeatedly, wonder how they learned that behavior...hmm..wooden spoon?) and even each had a private aide and they still asked them to leave. Kate always spins it that she took them out but the book had the letter from the school that gave her back a refund for tutition paid and it read like they were kicked out. The kids now have private tutors and are at some sort of learning center. I'm not sure about the school year that just started in September if the 2 are back in or not. Still she has at least 6 in the 25k a year school and 2 with private tutors/learning center last June.

I'm surprised kate didn't take advantage of the great online homeschool program that Rick Santorum ripped off the state of PA for. Might have saved her alot of money and she could have written about the savings in her blog!

What is with multiple mums and $400 keratin treatments? It's pretty easy to diy at home. I pay a salon because I'm incompetent and paranoid that my friends are out to make me bald, but a few of them do each other's treatments and after bulk buying the solution it works out to something like $30 a treatment and a few hours of their time.

Look, if you have a whole bunch of tiny hands to help, you don't even need friends. Just train the quickest one to wield the straightening iron and you're set.

http://www.couponcabin.com/blog/2012/10 ... qus_thread

I scrolled through a good number of her blog posts. There were NO FB "likes", tweets, or pins.... until the post firing her, which has a low number (35). The comments are awesome. Clearly the shit show about what an awesome media personality she is on access hollywood last night didnt translate well.

I missed the part about CC giving money to Komen but its in the comments.

Sorta OT: Does Michelle get paid to blog now that she's been on T.V? Or is it just her hobby? Does she get help with the blogging, and has she received help before the TLC Gravy Train came to town, or no?

I'll admit that I'm curious to know how she wasn't a "good fit." I'm thinking Diva-esque behavior.

I'll admit that I'm curious to know how she wasn't a "good fit." I'm thinking Diva-esque behavior.

To all our Kate blog readers:

Some nine-plus years ago, I started CouponCabin with the thought of creating a single website that had all the best coupons… no gimmicks, no fluff, just a site that was easy to use and that had great deals. Along the way, we’ve helped our users collectively save hundreds of millions of dollars.

A series of recent events have made it clear to me that Kate Gosselin and her contributions do not align with the authenticity which we set out to build almost a decade ago, and that Ms. Gosselin is simply not a good fit with the wonderful team and culture at CouponCabin.

It’s with this that I am writing to inform you of our decision to discontinue Ms. Gosselin’s feature blog on CouponCabin.com. Ms. Gosselin’s contributions garnered both positive attention and criticism, but as always, I respect and appreciate your candid opinions, which often encourage us not to lose sight of our mission — to help YOU save money.

We wish Kate, her family and her support staff all the best.

"authenticity", "gimmicks or fluff"... buzzwords that say a lot... Her blathering had nothing to do with saving money. They were poorly thought out ramblings that helped no one. Store credit cards are a bad idea. Buying at the end of season? DUH. Buying after holidays for the next one? DUH. She is the definition of a gimmick and fluff and has NO authenticity.

Her support staff? She has support staff (DUH)! No authentic, coupon cutting, single mom has a fucking support staff that needs a mention in a public statement of termination. I'll take that one as a well placed dig.

This makes me insanely happy. She got fired from a couponing blog. 15 minutes over!

This. :clap: :dance: :happy-wavemulticolor::happy-jumpeveryone: :music-rockout:

Archived