IGNORED

Kate Gosselin haz a new job - blogging!

Buzzard

http://www.couponcabin.com/blog/kate-gosselin

I guess she's taking a page out of J'chelle's book and writing blathering posts about nothing in an attempt to stay relevant.

There was a time that I kept a running list for the “fix it†man and when there were five or so items on the repair list, I gave him a call

Oh, you mean when you had a show and were the self proclaimed queen of the world?

Juggling eight kids with work and running the basics of our home also didn’t allow for much home repair education. However, as time has gone on, I’ve stepped into the never-ending world of tools, gadgets and fix-its that is Lowe’s and Home Depot and I’m happy to report that I no longer feel like an alien on planet Earth.

I'm not entirely sure that you live on the planet earth...

I certainly cannot fix everything, but just this week alone, I’ve managed to repair a hand towel rack, a shower curtain rod that was sagging, a toilet handle that had broken AND I put oil in my car – all without the use of a handyman.

Well whoopty fucking do! A curtain rod AND a toilet handle AND you poured oil in a container that says "oil?" I'm assuming you didnt CHANGE your oil, just topped off a car that was leaky rather than fixing it. Good work!

The news of her latest adventure was on access hollywood tonight, where she was fully done up while taking her kids out for a day. Holy cleavage mommy... She noted that she's "afraid" of the teenage years because the kids can outnumber and outvote her. Mother of the year...

ETA - what does any of this have to do with couponing? And there is NO WAY she would use them...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already despised that woman but after the latest blow up, where she reminded me a lot of McMama (essentially pimping out her kids to potential perverts), I think she's pretty close to pure evil. At the very least, she's a complete narcissist who's never given a damn about her kids.

She had her new "job" at coupon cabin for at least 6 months. She has nothing useful to say. As a couponer I wrote to coupon cabin along with many that she is not what I want to be reading for advice. She usually post save 15% at children's place or $5 off shipping at some random site. Nothing new or worthy or being paid a salary.

I have been reading parts of her book posted at realitytvkids. I'm bummed I missed buying it before she got it pulled. Kate is just horrible, the abuse of her kids is much worse then I thought. She is no christain role model. I feel bad for everyone that gave her love offerings(whle she was raking in $2 million a year beating her kids and had an abortion). The book sure shows how much TLC invades the families lives and how much stuff is free! It is not just clothes, but basically everything(to shampoo and paper towels) and some sponsors are lifetime! I wonder if JB got a lifetime paper plate deal!

I see lots of posts about shit she knows nothing about. Tips about saving by not decorating for halloween but "fall." Tips about not taking the kids to the movies but renting one instead, using her own pool to save on pool memberships (huh??)...

Think she uses coupons to get her hair and nails done? I think not.

She's the definition of selfish. I feel so bad for those kids wearing used bathing suits and shoes that are a little too big while she spends $400 on keratin hair treatments. I cant believe CC would think this would drive positive traffic. The comments are awesome!

She had her new "job" at coupon cabin for at least 6 months. She has nothing useful to say. As a couponer I wrote to coupon cabin along with many that she is not what I want to be reading for advice. She usually post save 15% at children's place or $5 off shipping at some random site. Nothing new or worthy or being paid a salary.

I have been reading parts of her book posted at realitytvkids. I'm bummed I missed buying it before she got it pulled. Kate is just horrible, the abuse of her kids is much worse then I thought. She is no christain role model. I feel bad for everyone that gave her love offerings(whle she was raking in $2 million a year beating her kids and had an abortion). The book sure shows how much TLC invades the families lives and how much stuff is free! It is not just clothes, but basically everything(to shampoo and paper towels) and some sponsors are lifetime! I wonder if JB got a lifetime paper plate deal!

Where can I find said website with the book?

She had an abortion? When? Was it Jon's? I still think she was having an affair with the "bodyguard". She's an evil, miserable woman. I feel sorry for those kids.

She had an abortion??? Wow, how did I miss that? I never cared for the show--the family dynamic on the show (shrewish wife, lazy/bumbling put-upon husband) didn't appeal to me no matter how cute the kids were--but I admit to finding her fascinating. It's obvious how self-absorbed & narcissistic she is and yet she attempts to create the facade of a regular single mom whO just happens to be able to do it all. Very Mckmama like.

I never like the show, but saw a few episodes when my daughter was younger. She loved the show because of how cute the babies were. I remember one episode where Kate was going to throw away one of the boys lovey (a blanket) because it had gum on it. The little one was just hysterical and pleading and begging her not to throw it away and she was just mean and nasty to him. I think it was Cara who came to his defense and took the blanket away from Kate. She is an awful mother.

I'm curious about the abortion too ~ when was this?

I never like the show, but saw a few episodes when my daughter was younger. She loved the show because of how cute the babies were. I remember one episode where Kate was going to throw away one of the boys lovey (a blanket) because it had gum on it. The little one was just hysterical and pleading and begging her not to throw it away and she was just mean and nasty to him. I think it was Cara who came to his defense and took the blanket away from Kate. She is an awful mother.

I'm curious about the abortion too ~ when was this?

That was the last episode I watched. I had a blanket (and still have it). The thought of its loss would seriously be like ripping out my heart and stomping on it.

As I've said before, I would love it if some of those unfortunate children were to write tell-alls when they got older. Perhaps they could recoup some of those funds they earned for Mommy and Daddy, undoubtedly lost now.

As her children are getting older and losing their babyish cuteness, she has little to rely upon but her talents and personality. What she doesn't seem to realize is that she has absolutely no talent to speak of and what little personality she has would give even the most patient person alive an aneurysm.

This coupon thing seems little but a pity gig. I would be wary of trusting anything that had Kate Gosselin as its spokeswoman. And honestly? If I want a coupon, I go and look for a damn coupon. There is no need to have feature where Kate blabs on about crap everybody already knows. I'm sure in her mind she thinks everybody is grateful for her wisdom and counsel. She certainly still has her devotedly slavish fans.

Edited for riffle.

Khate is the last person I would look to for coupon advice. Her column is crap, nothing really worthwhile. I've been a couponer for two years.

Also curious about this supposed abortion

Also curious about this supposed abortion

+1. I thought her whole shtick was that she couldn't conceive without medical assistance, hence the multiples.

I saw a comment on an article about Kate where a reader said she had an abortion at 17. No clue if it's true or not.

I was outraged when I read the details about her contract at RealityTVKids. How could ANY parents with a conscience agree to such a horrible, soul-sucking contract? Sure they get free toilet paper and beds, but their hair and clothes had to be approved by Discovery, and the kids and production staff are never allowed to talk about their experience on the show (be it good, bad or indifferent) without being sued - and the contract says no amount of money will settle the matter. That was at Kate's request.

The kids probably won't be allowed to write tell-alls - part of Kate's contract was that she would control the kids and ensure they co-operated and 'performed' in perpetuity, and it's possible they would be in a huge legal bind if they tried to talk about their lives during the time of the show. The show took such advantage of them; they went so far as to make Kate sign away any rights to sue in case of injury or death, the right to claim worker's compensation, and they made her unable to join any kind of guild where actors/performers have rights.

The show milked the family for all they were worth, but Kate is the one who lobbied for the attention and she also milked Discovery right back. Any contract that makes you promise not to join groups dedicated to protecting performers from exploitation is a contract you shouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole; especially when you are signing on behalf of your minor children. She effectively signed away their lives.

The book was only out on amazon for a few days. Kate's lawyers had stopped the book all summer. Then the author, who was a local writer that followed the family from pregnancy through divorce, was able to get the book on amazon. Kate lawyer's, including lawyers from TLC got the book removed. The website realitytvkids had been waiting for the book and many posters bought the book on kindles and have been posting parts. The blog is reviewing the book by chapters. It is almost 900 pages and the author said he held back!

TLC lawyers got invovled because the book contains contracts between the Gosselins and TLC and sponsors and TLC does not want the information out there.

The abortion was before Jon. She was unmarried and her dad was a pastor and he pushed her towards that option. I really wanted to read the whole book. The book is written with parts from Kate's journal, and she talks about her strict upbrining and how she wanted different. Besides the abortion, the whole multiples seemed pretty planned. Kate admitted she was obessed with the McCaugley(sp?) 7 and even named her first born boy and girl after them. It has been widely reported that Kate did IUI after being told not to because she had too many folicles. The author presented information on how Kate got additional fertility drugs outside the US under a varation of her maiden name and used then to produce even more eggs. There was another thread about book when it first came out on this site under the chatter section where someone brought up the abortion. It is in one of the first 10 chapters, if you go on the realitytvkids site. That site focus more on the child abuse, and getting minors off tv but the abortion pages are discussed.

In the Kate's words are surprisingly religious,but in a scary way. She often is asking or prays for God to help her after wanting to beat one of her kids or by having issues with her temper. She seemed to really have problems controlling her anger around Collin. Collin stories are very hard to read. I can't imagine that TLC did not see some of it because some of the days were filmed.

I know alot posters are interested in the Duggars and how it works with TLC. My take is if you see how incredibly demending Kate was, JB and Michelle must be a joy to work with. Kate would ask for specific size pasta, water, certain hotel rooms, private everything done for her. Her freebies were 100k range. JB asks for gas for the bus and some fast food?

The author of the book passed a lie dectector test about how he got the journals and contracts. The media is barely covering the book. ROL is in the same media group as TLC so they have slanted the articles to keep Kate in a better light. Kate was on Katie Coric's show but said she her lawyers would not let her talk about the book. A few sites have picked up stories about the child abuse and the animal abuse. If the book comes out again I'll be paying the $8. I just wonder how powerful the TLC lawyers are vs a local PA author/newsman and if and when we will get the chance to see it for sale again.

The book was only out on amazon for a few days. Kate's lawyers had stopped the book all summer. Then the author, who was a local writer that followed the family from pregnancy through divorce, was able to get the book on amazon. Kate lawyer's, including lawyers from TLC got the book removed. The website realitytvkids had been waiting for the book and many posters bought the book on kindles and have been posting parts. The blog is reviewing the book by chapters. It is almost 900 pages and the author said he held back!

TLC lawyers got invovled because the book contains contracts between the Gosselins and TLC and sponsors and TLC does not want the information out there.

The abortion was before Jon. She was unmarried and her dad was a pastor and he pushed her towards that option. I really wanted to read the whole book. The book is written with parts from Kate's journal, and she talks about her strict upbrining and how she wanted different. Besides the abortion, the whole multiples seemed pretty planned. Kate admitted she was obessed with the McCaugley(sp?) 7 and even named her first born boy and girl after them. It has been widely reported that Kate did IUI after being told not to because she had too many folicles. The author presented information on how Kate got additional fertility drugs outside the US under a varation of her maiden name and used then to produce even more eggs. There was another thread about book when it first came out on this site under the chatter section where someone brought up the abortion. It is in one of the first 10 chapters, if you go on the realitytvkids site. That site focus more on the child abuse, and getting minors off tv but the abortion pages are discussed.

In the Kate's words are surprisingly religious,but in a scary way. She often is asking or prays for God to help her after wanting to beat one of her kids or by having issues with her temper. She seemed to really have problems controlling her anger around Collin. Collin stories are very hard to read. I can't imagine that TLC did not see some of it because some of the days were filmed.

I know alot posters are interested in the Duggars and how it works with TLC. My take is if you see how incredibly demending Kate was, JB and Michelle must be a joy to work with. Kate would ask for specific size pasta, water, certain hotel rooms, private everything done for her. Her freebies were 100k range. JB asks for gas for the bus and some fast food?

The author of the book passed a lie dectector test about how he got the journals and contracts. The media is barely covering the book. ROL is in the same media group as TLC so they have slanted the articles to keep Kate in a better light. Kate was on Katie Coric's show but said she her lawyers would not let her talk about the book. A few sites have picked up stories about the child abuse and the animal abuse. If the book comes out again I'll be paying the $8. I just wonder how powerful the TLC lawyers are vs a local PA author/newsman and if and when we will get the chance to see it for sale again.

Jim the sound man use to work on Jon and Kate plus 8. I am sure that working with the Duggars is a walk in the park compared to that.

I know nothing of contractual legalities, but I would have to wonder how a contract signed by a mother could bind a child that becomes of adult age...If my mother signed something on my behalf when i was a toddler, how can i possibly be legally bound to it as a now-40-year-old?

I know nothing of contractual legalities, but I would have to wonder how a contract signed by a mother could bind a child that becomes of adult age...If my mother signed something on my behalf when i was a toddler, how can i possibly be legally bound to it as a now-40-year-old?

I don't think the non-disclosure contracts will apply to the kids once they hit 18. However, I wouldn't put it past TLC to sue them anyway, just to try and cover their asses.

Jim the sound man use to work on Jon and Kate plus 8. I am sure that working with the Duggars is a walk in the park compared to that.

I imagine Kate was horrible to work around, (she sure ended up being a piece of work) but the Duggar kids are allowed to run around and do such dangerous things in a non-childproofed house. It must be chaotic, stressfull and loud. I know I would be on edge all the time hoping a kid doesn't get injured. :shifty:

I've heard that children cannot be bound by contracts. A kid could buy something from a store that says "No Returns" and even then the store cannot enforce the no returns policy to someone under 14/16 because that is tantamount to a contract that the child cannot abide by.

I think that also non-disclosure and non-collusion agreements are difficult to prosecute. I can imaginet hat they would only work on intimidating these kids. They are already victims of abuse at the hands of Khate, they may be easy to intimidate.

The irony is that had Khate and Jon gotten some therapy and gone on meds to control the anger etc... they could still be milking the fame train. Maybe not as much but I could see Khate getting speaking engagements, book deals, and other things. They should have moved to the city to another modest house (albeit bigger or better arranged for their family) or to another country or something. They could have done several more seasons of adjusting to a new culture.

I am sure that out of those 8 kids that at least one will write at least an article or start a blog. No way that TLC can successfully sue them. Even if they could, can you imagine the fall out from suing a kid who you took advantage of for financial gain?! The PR would be worse than the tell-all book.

I never liked Kate I felt she was verbally abusive from the first show I saw. I was surprised at how Jon put up with it but thenagain he left-I just wish he had gotten custody of th ekids!! Off to read some ofthis book now...

Children under 18 cannot be held to a contract unless it is for food, clothing, or shelter. Which is why you can sign a dorm contract at 17 ant it can be enforced.

I'm not surprised Kate has a new job - wasn't she giving sob story interviews within the past year about how she was broke? Or was that Jon...or both of them. If they're both financially strapped, I'm really not surprised they blew through all that money. I remember Kate saying they really didn't get a lot from TLC, but on the other thread, someone worked out that they had to have made at least a million from the show, not to mention all the freebies and their giant McMansion. How is that not a lot?

I guess working as a coupon blogger is still glamourous enough for her, since she caught a lot of shit for saying she didn't want to get a non-tv job because it would mean giving her kids a "mediocre life" and everyone took that as a "eff you middle class" insult. But what does she know about coupons? I wouldn't take her advice on something like that. I get that transitioning back to a "normal" life after being on TV for a few years must be hard, but she and Jon are perfect examples of how fame and money does irreversible damage. Especially Kate, she always struck me as incredibly fame-hungry.

I feel awful for those kids. I didn't watch the show much, but from what I did see, Jon never really seemed into them and Kate just yelled at them and Jon over every little thing. I do think the kids are cute and I ended up reading all the stories online once the shit hit the fan and Jon and Kate divorced and the whole Aunt Jody thing exposed a lot of nasty stuff too. Jon's a passive man-child and Kate's a narcissistic control freak. I really hope at least one of the kids writes a tell-all, so we all see what it really was like, living with the two of them.

edited for riffle

I do remember one episode where she like flipped out and went all crazy on Jon because he bought something and didn't use the coupon she had. So maybe she does use coupons.

I really think at least one of those kids will write a tell all book and Kate will be back on tv sobbing about how she sacrificed so much for them and now they are betraying her and it is ALL LIES!!!!! She was the best mom ever!

Apparenty, Kate's been booted from the site as a columnist:

Breaking News: CouponCabin fires Kate

"A series of recent events have made it clear to me that Kate Gosselin and her contributions do not align with the authenticity which we set out to build almost a decade ago, and that Ms. Gosselin is simply not a good fit."

Archived