IGNORED

Should I go for the snark factor? KJV Class

emilymea

Silly girl. The Bible is WITHOUT ERROR....so we have to help it out by pulling things out of our asses when that sciency stuff makes it look bad.

A technical term used by some creation scientists

I just metaphorically died laughing. And if I didn't laugh I'd cry - how can anyone with more than two braincells to rub together not realise that religious faith and science are entirely different things??! The term 'creation scientist' is an oxymoron, at least in the sense that it seems to have been given. You can't use science to back up the idea that a supernatural being created the world.

Of course, they floated over on logs. So much more logical then then evolution. Me so stoopid.

If I had know all it took to do science was make shit up rather then collect data, I could have made it out of grad school in 1 year rather than 5 1/2.

Floated over on logs!!! Bwahahahaha. That helped my sense of humor a bit.

I tried to read notsocommon's link and the little tiny spark of humor generated by the log comment poofed away. This level of stupid is just scary. That so many people go along with it...ugh. How long can we get away with being this brainless? We're headed toward....Idiocracy.

ETA: Here's an encouraging story from Friendly Atheist.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2011/07/23/an-evolution-related-victory-for-texas-schoolchildren/

I tried to read notsocommon's link and the little tiny spark of humor generated by the log comment poofed away. This level of stupid is just scary. That so many people go along with it...ugh. How long can we get away with being this brainless? We're headed toward....Idiocracy.

ETA: Here's an encouraging story from Friendly Atheist.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2011/07/23/an-evolution-related-victory-for-texas-schoolchildren/

Someone a while back posted a link to a blog post. I can't remember whose blog it was, but it was not one of our usual fundies. The mother had taken her children to a natural history museum. She was warning any other "good christian women" who wanted to take their kids they to be prepared to "check their brains at the door" because so many of the exhibits made reference to the "THEORY of evolution." Yes, be prepared to "check your brain at the door" when presented with data supporting evolution, just remember to pull it back out when you want to read about kangaroos floating on logs across the Indian ocean or about the good ol' days when humans co-existed with the very large carnivorous reptiles.

...and from the linked page;

The Bible is clear that representatives of all the kinds of air-breathing land animals and birds were present on the Ark. A technical term used by some creation scientists for these kinds is baramin—derived from the Hebrew words for created kind. Within these baramins is all the information necessary to produce all current species. For example, it is unlikely that the Ark contained two lions and two tigers. It is more likely that it contained two feline animals, from which lions, tigers, and other cat-like creatures have developed.

Do they mean by....EVOLUTION?? :doh:

Yes, but it's DIFFERENT!! See, it is still a gelid because that's different. No, really. Different. Totally different. LOL

They believe that "micro evolution" happens - some delis evolved into cats, lions, etc... but that is different than "macro evolution." *eye roll*

Bring a similarly-minded friend so when it gets too much you can look at each other, see your thoughts mirrored in each other's expressions, and burst into silent giggles - that's how my friend and I got through our last Bible study when it took a turn for the crazy conservative evangelical side of things...

Ditto. I've been to the Creation "Museum" in Kentucky and another, smaller Creation and Earth History "Museum" in San Diego. I went with a fellow paleontology grad student to Kentucky and went with my Dad to the other. Much more bearable with a friend.

And of course, led to one of my favorite dad stories ever... Dude at the front asks if we'd been to the big "Museum" and I replied that I had. When he asked what I thought about it and replied that there were a lot of signs and a lot to read (the nicest thing I could say). He replied that "oh, good! We have lots to read here, too ... LOTS of science." (as if reading=science). He then asked if it was safe to assume we were Christians, and my dad, completely straight faced, considered the question and replied, "no." Dude didn't know what to say.

Archived