IGNORED

PASTOR SAYS HUSBAND NEED TO CORRECT WIFE

Lillybee

Oh please slap me, you asshole. I fucking dare you. Then I can kick your ass just like I did the the last asshole that hit me (once I finally woke up and realized I deserved better). While we're at it, tell my husband to correct me, so I can watch him lay you out with one punch. :angry-screaming: Sorry for the rant but this shit pisses me off.

Dammit, why can't these fundies find their own uninhabited island that's not owned by a country and make it their own micronation to leave us alone? All the backwardsness in 1 place.

So. He did something illegal (and therefore unbiblical) and got all butthurt when a smarter than him woman called home out, and feels she needs to be beaten for it?

Disgusting!

What a dumbfuck, this is infuriating. Also ironic that he's breaking the law, she calls him out on it so he advocates violence against her. And yet he still says SHE'S the one who is not behaving like a christian? Yep, sounds about right.

She was not even criticizing his stance on the issue as far as I can tell, merely protesting the illegal activity of a religious tax exempt organization telling people how to vote.

What a piece of work. Here is this woman trying to do, what I consider, the right thing and she gets called out for it. This is ridiculous. If they have any sense they will leave this wacky church.

What a piece of work. Here is this woman trying to do, what I consider, the right thing and she gets called out for it. This is ridiculous. If they have any sense they will leave this wacky church.

What a blustering arrogant jerk-face. She called his unethical and illegal behaviour and he's pouting like a spoiled child

wimmin's is not supposed to correct men in public or private and definitely not someone not her husband. he rightly corrected her as he should. :naughty:

Guest Anonymous

From the look of him, I'm not sure how much of an actual threat this pastor is to the woman. All she has to do is trip him and he'll never get up again (not without the aid of a forklift, that is).

OMFG what an oozing, sore ridden dickhead. What the fuck. I know me and DSs dad have our problems but the only person he'd be correcting in that situation would be that pastor. And I'd be holding his jacket.

From the look of him, I'm not sure how much of an actual threat this pastor is to the woman. All she has to do is trip him and he'll never get up again (not without the aid of a forklift, that is).

QFT

I totally LOLed and pictured this: -wC6RVj1wkg.

This guy is sick. There is nowhere in the bible where it says it's good to slap your wife to correct her, and he's obviously butthurt because she called him out and made him look stupid in front of his congregation. She was 100% in the right. He is a revolting pig.

I often suspected that fundie pastors do not like to outright talk about physically disciplining the wife due to liability reasons and the negative publicity tat generates, but it's something they believe in. I remember reading that Saudi textbooks instruct high schoolers that it's ok for husbands to "gently slap" their wives if they misbehave. I feel that many fundie religions follow that idea which results in some men thinking it's a license to beat the crap out of their wives.

So. He did something illegal (and therefore unbiblical) and got all butthurt when a smarter than him woman called home out, and feels she needs to be beaten for it?

Disgusting!

Butthurt is the word for it!

It is really easy to see how these fundie churches attract abusive men. They get celestial justification to beat their families.

Oh, and me loves the Iowa Supreme Court. Thanks to them, I have dear friends who were able to be legally married this spring. Unfortunately, that piece of paper became invalid after they crossed back into Nebraska!

:clap:

About 20 years ago I was watching one of those Barbara Walters celebrity interviews with Sean Connery and he casually mentioned that he didn't have a problem with hitting women. She looked stunned and said something like, "could you clarify that?" and he said "not hard, but like you would a dog." I then and there lost my love for 007. It was tough. Having said that, I harken back to my childhood days where I learned, if someone hits you, they'd better knock you out. Otherwise, you go after them and take them down. Once they're down, kick the crap out of them. They'll think twice before starting anything with you next time. The fact that these "rules" would be applied in a marital situation is, well, horrifying.

About 20 years ago I was watching one of those Barbara Walters celebrity interviews with Sean Connery and he casually mentioned that he didn't have a problem with hitting women. She looked stunned and said something like, "could you clarify that?" and he said "not hard, but like you would a dog." I then and there lost my love for 007. It was tough.

I saw that Sean Connery interview too, and it definitely made me angry - I've never been able to see him in a movie without feeling seriously repulsed since then.

As far as the pastor goes, I sincerely hope that the woman who called him out on his tactics has left the congregation. I also hope her husband is NOT listening to this guy. I worry for her well-being and safety with a pastor like that.

About 20 years ago I was watching one of those Barbara Walters celebrity interviews with Sean Connery and he casually mentioned that he didn't have a problem with hitting women. She looked stunned and said something like, "could you clarify that?" and he said "not hard, but like you would a dog." I then and there lost my love for 007. It was tough. Having said that, I harken back to my childhood days where I learned, if someone hits you, they'd better knock you out. Otherwise, you go after them and take them down. Once they're down, kick the crap out of them. They'll think twice before starting anything with you next time. The fact that these "rules" would be applied in a marital situation is, well, horrifying.

WHAT??? I've never heard that about Connery. Wow. I will never see him the same again

You didn't know that about Connery? It's well known here...

I support my US Revenue comrades. This rule is very sensible. Obviously it's not a church if it's putting forward such things.

You didn't know that about Connery? It's well known here...

I support my US Revenue comrades. This rule is very sensible. Obviously it's not a church if it's putting forward such things.

No, I didn't. sadface, but glad I know.

Archived