IGNORED

Catty comments on Kim C's blog

ladyamylynn

Kim C. over at Life in a Shoe has been posting a series about their house-hunting venture, and there have been some hilariously snippy comments from her readers. I guess some of them are just a *little* more in touch with god's will than Kim. :roll:

I have to wonder if maybe your supposed to stay where your at? When we were trying to move back to the Pacific Northwest to be closer to family we were thwarted at every attempt. We finally gave up and God has changed our lives in those past several years since then. We now don’t want to leave for any reason. Either you haven’t found the right house or its not time to move but this much drama’s makes me think maybe reevaluation is in order. When the time is right everything will just click into place without drama. Just me 2 cents worth.

And:

I have been following your blog for years now and I have to say I was very surprised to hear you were entertaining a 4000 square foot house. Thats seems to go against everything you’ve ever written about your home. I do understand though because I have often wondered how you managed so many in such a small space but always felt thats what you prided yourself on

Funny, I always thought she had a pretty dedicated following, but it just goes to show that with these types, there's always someone who's even holier than thou.

The craziest thing about those comments are that they are assuming she wants more space for her current kiddos. No, she's going to stuff the next house to the brim with babies, people!

Quote:

I have to wonder if maybe your supposed to stay where your at? When we were trying to move back to the Pacific Northwest to be closer to family we were thwarted at every attempt. We finally gave up and God has changed our lives in those past several years since then. We now don’t want to leave for any reason. Either you haven’t found the right house or its not time to move but this much drama’s makes me think maybe reevaluation is in order. When the time is right everything will just click into place without drama. Just me 2 cents worth.

The grammar in this one is as amusing as the content.

Here's waht kills me about her series of posts: It's all about HER goals and desires for the house. In particular, they want a house where they can entertain guests. So all the posts are about guest parking, adequate living room space, etc.

She never once mentions her kids or their wants. If I'd been depriving my kids by stuffing them all into one tiny, substandard room, then the first thing on my new-house list would be the kids. Meeting their needs. Making them more comfortable than they are now. I'd be trying to get as many bedrooms as possible--while she considers homes that have just one giant upstairs bedroom. Read the series, none of it is about the kids, it's all about her "hospitality goals."

I think the bigger house is because they will have neighbors that might get upset to see the kids out all summer long without A/C. Yep it's all about her, even her daughter's wedding was about her silly!

These people arent thinking about how crappy it must be for Kim's kids to have to share one tiny room and be stacked on shelves.

Its a great thing that theyre looking for a bigger house, cause then maybe those poor kids will manage to have proper beds.

These people arent thinking about how crappy it must be for Kim's kids to have to share one tiny room and be stacked on shelves.

Its a great thing that theyre looking for a bigger house, cause then maybe those poor kids will manage to have proper beds.

Don't count on it. When they first found the house they thought they'd be buying, she mentioned how excited the older girls were to be able to have Asian-style roll-up mats to sleep on instead of taking up space with beds :roll: I mean, I might go for the mats too if my alternative was sleeping on a shelf, but FFS is it too much to ask for nearly-grown women to have an actual mattress to sleep on when they live in a 2000+ square foot house?

I can't believe they're overly concerned about dated decor in any house they're looking at. Anything has to be better than plywood floors and walls that don't reach the ceiling, right?

I wonder how they are going to pay for it, since having a mortgage is a big no-no in these circles.

That's what I've been wondering. It's doubtful that Perry makes tons of money working in the VF warehouse.

Don't count on it. When they first found the house they thought they'd be buying, she mentioned how excited the older girls were to be able to have Asian-style roll-up mats to sleep on instead of taking up space with beds :roll: I mean, I might go for the mats too if my alternative was sleeping on a shelf, but FFS is it too much to ask for nearly-grown women to have an actual mattress to sleep on when they live in a 2000+ square foot house?

I can't believe they're overly concerned about dated decor in any house they're looking at. Anything has to be better than plywood floors and walls that don't reach the ceiling, right?

I slept on one for a year. They aren't actually that bad, but I agree that after being forced to live in the same manner as a bulk bag of Doritos for all these years, the girls really do deserve beds!

I bet she will probably get a big house, but then use all the rooms for other stuff and choose to stack the kids (and then say the kids wanted to all sleep together on shelves).

I think I vaguely remember her saying her house had a third bedroom, but she decided to turn it into a library instead of half the kids in each room, in normal bunk beds.

That's what I've been wondering. It's doubtful that Perry makes tons of money working in the VF warehouse.

Ya just have to wonder about where the money is coming from.

Add me to the ranks of those wondering where the money came from. Seems quite the step up from a 1200 square foot unfinished house in the boonies encroaching on their neighbours' land, which was sold at a steal of a deal to her brother apparently, to some 3000 square foot house in the city.

I am so glad I am not the only one wondering what is really going on with the inashoe family. The whole series's is just annoying to - it has taken her 4 posts to basically say nothing. Argh. :?

The "friends" you get in fundiedom are the #1 reason I would never go fundie. I'd rather start a thread at FJ about peanut butter than try to live up to people who are never, ever going to consider you equally holy!

She has made such a huge deal about the superiority of their tight quarters and how much they all loooooove it. So it makes sense if people who are reading her blog are going wtf? at her sudden need for tons of space.

I hope those kids get some space of their own. From what I know about the Japanese and other cultures that are thriving in a lack of space, the children get something of their own if at all possible. A desk, a quiet nook, etc. It is rare in the developed world for a human being to have literally no space of their own. Most people appreciate having that and go out of their way to procure it for themselves and their loved ones.

Here's waht kills me about her series of posts: It's all about HER goals and desires for the house. In particular, they want a house where they can entertain guests. So all the posts are about guest parking, adequate living room space, etc.

She never once mentions her kids or their wants. If I'd been depriving my kids by stuffing them all into one tiny, substandard room, then the first thing on my new-house list would be the kids. Meeting their needs. Making them more comfortable than they are now. I'd be trying to get as many bedrooms as possible--while she considers homes that have just one giant upstairs bedroom. Read the series, none of it is about the kids, it's all about her "hospitality goals."

My son was the entire reason we moved to the area we did; we wanted to get him into great schools in a safe area. He was our prime consideration. I don't get not putting kids into the top slot of the evaluation. I don't mean necessarily, "Jimmy wants a pool and a bowling alley, so those are at the top of the list!", but more like, adequate sleeping space, decent schools, access to parks or a yard, a rec room, etc. I certainly had my wants for a home, but they came after getting into the right school district. If we had bought in a terrible district, we could have gotten my dream home. But my son came first, you know?

"Just me 2 cents worth" makes me think a leprechaun or a pirate wrote it!

Someone's been eating her lucky charms, I guess :roll: ;)

Add me to the ranks of those wondering where the money came from. Seems quite the step up from a 1200 square foot unfinished house in the boonies encroaching on their neighbours' land, which was sold at a steal of a deal to her brother apparently, to some 3000 square foot house in the city.

I was wondering if there had been an inheritance.

The second comment seems fair, but the first is really catty. I don't really care about motivation or money or all that, if you want to move, you can move.

That being said, where did the money come from, and why in the hell arent the kids getting proper beds in the new house? If its 4000 square feet surely it has at least 4 decently-sized bedrooms?

The second comment seems fair, but the first is really catty. I don't really care about motivation or money or all that, if you want to move, you can move.

That being said, where did the money come from, and why in the hell arent the kids getting proper beds in the new house? If its 4000 square feet surely it has at least 4 decently-sized bedrooms?

My parents have four bedrooms in their house and it is just 2000 square feet.

I bet it's one of those McMansions with the high cathedral ceilings that are expensive as hell to cool in the summer and heat in the winter.

How are they suddenly able to afford a big fancy house?

Maybe they will upgrade the mattresses to a luxurious double layer of crappy foam.

It's pretty sad to see her readers resent her for getting a bigger house. I bet they see that as her getting to big for her britches. Don't worry inashoe readers, 4,000 square feet or 2,000 square feet they will still stuff 6-9 kids in one room and probably lie to us and say how much the kids love having bunk beads with 18 inches clearence.

Archived