IGNORED

Raising 7 kids is HARD ya'll!

Koala

I am not a carpet crapper, I am just someone who has a differing opinion sometimes. :-p

I really think FJ SHOULD be a place where people can discuss varying opinions instead of a place where if you differ from the status quo you get attacked,

I think it depend on what you consider an attack. If you (you in general) come in here and calmly explain that in your opinion it is okay for adults to hit children then you are probably going to be called on it vigorously.

I will spank my kids at times, and I know y'all think that is horrible and unethical and irresponsible etc etc etc, so PLEASE don't start yet another debate on it - I won't participate - I don't care if you never spank you child. I am grateful you have convictions and that you stand by them. I don't have the same convictions.

You can feel free not to debate, but please know that you don't have to premeditate violence towards your children. There is nothing they could do to warrant you (a grown adult) hitting them and there ARE other ways of dealing with any issues you might come across. If you willingly bring physical pain to your own children then there is something very wrong with you, and as a mother I am telling you that it is completely unnecessary. I have raised two children (7 and almost 9) without ever raising a hand to them. They are kind, generous, funny kids, and they are frequently complimented on their good behavior.

If there is a way to parent children without being physically violent with them (and I assure you, there is) why wouldn't you take it? Why would you want to bring physical pain to your own child? What does that teach them about you?? What does that teach them about themselves??

You may not answer these questions here in front of everyone, but when you raise your hand to strike your babies I hope my words ring in your ears. I am the result of a mother and grandparents who thought they had a right to hit me. It changed who I was, it has changed how I view other people, and it has severely

limited my trust in other people.

I just think it is helpful to have my kids learn how to sit and play quietly, so I will try to have times during our day/week where this is encouraged and enforced. (I would probably just keep putting my child back and encouraging them to be quiet etc) I would give my child a book or small toy or something though. :)

This is something that comes with age. You can't reasonably expect an 18 month old to sit quietly, regardless of how much you want or need them to.

I can see why from that post you would think she is sadistic or something - putting the pics of her kiddo up after correcting her probably wasn't the kindest move, but I don't think it makes her a bad mom or a bad person. But, that's because I don't think swatting her kids in the first place was wrong. :)

Yes, it is definitely sadistic to hit your baby and take pics to document pre-hit vs post-hit. It's beyond "unkind" and it very much makes her a "bad person". If you don't think anythings wrong with her hitting her kids then you might be in the same camp.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that LL must realize that having children is a *privilege* (being that they are a blessing from God and all.) If you have the privilege of reproducing yourself and your husband's genetic material SEVEN times, then you have doubled or tripled the amount of genetic duplicates that other couples produce, on average. You'd better believe that I think it is your duty to ensure that your offspring contribute to society, rather than being a drain on it, since they will consume more resources than the offspring of other unions.

LL needs to wake up and smell herself.

I think it depend on what you consider an attack. If you (you in general) come in here and calmly explain that in your opinion it is okay for adults to hit children then you are probably going to be called on it vigorously.

You can feel free not to debate, but please know that you don't have to premeditate violence towards your children. There is nothing they could do to warrant you (a grown adult) hitting them and there ARE other ways of dealing with any issues you might come across. If you willingly bring physical pain to your own children then there is something very wrong with you, and as a mother I am telling you that it is completely unnecessary. I have raised two children (7 and almost 9) without ever raising a hand to them. They are kind, generous, funny kids, and they are frequently complimented on their good behavior.

If there is a way to parent children without being physically violent with them (and I assure you, there is) why wouldn't you take it? Why would you want to bring physical pain to your own child? What does that teach them about you?? What does that teach them about themselves??

You may not answer these questions here in front of everyone, but when you raise your hand to strike your babies I hope my words ring in your ears. I am the result of a mother and grandparents who thought they had a right to hit me. It changed who I was, it has changed how I view other people, and it has severely

limited my trust in other people.

This is something that comes with age. You can't reasonably expect an 18 month old to sit quietly, regardless of how much you want or need them to.

Yes, it is definitely sadistic to hit your baby and take pics to document pre-hit vs post-hit. It's beyond "unkind" and it very much makes her a "bad person". If you don't think anythings wrong with her hitting her kids then you might be in the same camp.

QFT. Thank you, Koala!

Guest Anonymous
I am not a carpet crapper, I am just someone who has a differing opinion sometimes. :-p

I normally wouldn't reply because I don't like to debate on here - I really think FJ SHOULD be a place where people can discuss varying opinions instead of a place where if you differ from the status quo you get attacked, but I want to give Kaola the respect that they deserve by at least replying to their well thought out post.

I plan to have quiet time/blanket time with my kids, but do not plan to use corporal punishment in my blanket training. I will spank my kids at times, and I know y'all think that is horrible and unethical and irresponsible etc etc etc, so PLEASE don't start yet another debate on it - I won't participate - I don't care if you never spank you child. I am grateful you have convictions and that you stand by them. I don't have the same convictions.

But, blanket training it not one of those times where I feel it would be beneficial. Part of my reason for that though is that I don't attend a church where the children have to sit through the sermon, so I don't NEED my kids to be able to sit quietly every week. I just think it is helpful to have my kids learn how to sit and play quietly, so I will try to have times during our day/week where this is encouraged and enforced. (I would probably just keep putting my child back and encouraging them to be quiet etc) I would give my child a book or small toy or something though. :)

I can see why from that post you would think she is sadistic or something - putting the pics of her kiddo up after correcting her probably wasn't the kindest move, but I don't think it makes her a bad mom or a bad person. But, that's because I don't think swatting her kids in the first place was wrong. :)

Is sisof9 your sockpuppet? Because they write just like you do and hold the same views, and coincidentally have the same name.

BTW, my name is D?i?d?i K?e?p?p?e?l? on the old board and IRL :). Like I said, I don't mind y'all knowing, but I wanted to try to keep it from coming up on google and such 'cause I have had a LOT of bad experiences in the past with people googling my name and then a lot of crap coming from it. :)

http://www.freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?p=2684#p2684

I normally wouldn't reply because I don't like to debate on here - I really think FJ SHOULD be a place where people can discuss varying opinions instead of a place where if you differ from the status quo you get attacked, but I want to give Kaola the respect that they deserve by at least replying to their well thought out post.

I plan to have quiet time/blanket time with my kids, but do not plan to use corporal punishment in my blanket training. I will spank my kids at times, and I know y'all think that is horrible and unethical and irresponsible etc etc etc, so PLEASE don't start yet another debate on it - I won't participate - I don't care if you never spank you child. I am grateful you have convictions and that you stand by them. I don't have the same convictions.

But, blanket training it not one of those times where I feel it would be beneficial. Part of my reason for that though is that I don't attend a church where the children have to sit through the sermon, so I don't NEED my kids to be able to sit quietly every week. I just think it is helpful to have my kids learn how to sit and play quietly, so I will try to have times during our day/week where this is encouraged and enforced. (I would probably just keep putting my child back and encouraging them to be quiet etc) I would give my child a book or small toy or something though. :)

If you didn't want to start another debate, why did you bring it up? :roll:

Hitting people is wrong. I don't get how you can talk about hitting and put a smiley after the sentence. That really gives me the heeie-jeebies. :?

Guest Anonymous

Oh, I see that you do have two accounts. Um ... not cool?

Oh and I don't know who to tell - I couldn't remember my password OR user name and just registered again, but then I figured out what my username was and had my password emailed. So, if y'all wanna deny "Didi" access that's fine. :)

viewtopic.php?p=190240#p190240

Guest Anonymous
SNAP! Good catch, Lissar!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Eh, not really so much since she admits it. I thought I recalled the sisof9 accounts identifying herself as Didi the fundie apologist and proponent of child hitting, but after I found that I saw that she admitted to both accounts. She was posting with both of them in February. There was major rug shitting as sisof9, not to mention the overuse of smiley icons when they are really inappropriate.

:doh: For some reason, I thought you were talking about the yuku board. Why would somebody post here and admit that they have 2 accounts if it's against the TOS?

:doh: For some reason, I thought you were talking about the yuku board. Why would somebody post here and admit that they have 2 accounts if it's against the TOS?

Tools, sheds, sharpness, all that jazz.

Is sisof9 your sockpuppet? Because they write just like you do and hold the same views, and coincidentally have the same name.

Impressive job Lissar - taken care of. 8-)

Guest Anonymous

Impressive job Lissar - taken care of. 8-)

I like head pats as much as the next person but I really can't take credit for doing detective work on that one since she came out and said it, lol. :P

I like head pats as much as the next person but I really can't take credit for doing detective work on that one since she came out and said it, lol. :P

Yeah, but you had the motivation to go back and find the information, which makes my job a hell of a lot easier. So thanks!

There was major rug shitting as sisof9, not to mention the overuse of smiley icons when they are really inappropriate.

What? What could possibly be inappropriate about the use of smiley icons here:

But, that's because I don't think swatting her kids in the first place was wrong. :)

See? Totally appropriate to put a smiley face right after saying you think it's a-okay for an adult to hit a child.

Not a rug shitter, my ass.

Respecting the physical integrity of your child should be a priority not a well when I can I try to do that. humph but I guess some people don't understand that you don't own your child's body.

It looks like she was posting under both accounts in the same time period, so that business of forgetting how to sign in is just not true. Lying for the Lawd! I am sure she is huffing about how she was kicked off for having an unpopular point of view :roll:

Seriously, if you *choose* to have a lot of children then you certainly will be a busy woman. No fucking surprise. You don't have the right to take it out on your kids or to expect others to pick up part of the workload. And throwing grins into statements that you will use a discipline method that hurts your child and has been proven not to work... I just can't even.

I fear I have gone overboard in the teaching respect of one's body. Last night, my precocious four year old told me that she would NOT wash her hands after going to the bathroom, because "I AM IN CHARGE OF MY OWN BODY".

sigh. What's an evil lefty christian woman to do?

I fear I have gone overboard in the teaching respect of one's body. Last night, my precocious four year old told me that she would NOT wash her hands after going to the bathroom, because "I AM IN CHARGE OF MY OWN BODY".

:D So what'd you say?

I said that she'd better CHARGE HER BODY right back in the bathroom and wash her hands, because I was still in charge of her health and safety.

Nuance is lost on the preschool set.

I said that she'd better CHARGE HER BODY right back in the bathroom and wash her hands, because I was still in charge of her health and safety.

Nuance is lost on the preschool set.

:clap:

"I AM IN CHARGE OF MY OWN BODY".

I have heard these words before. It was over a blood test in my case. You haven't lived until your 7 year old tells the nurse, "It's my body and my choice!" :lol:

She still got the blood test, but I was damn proud of the sentiment.

LOL, i know. I would far rather them challenge me on what they will and won't do with their body, than to willingly let their body go where someone else leads!

Teach her a quick lesson on germs and how they travel? It might be too complex for a 4 year old, but picture her hands as a school bus, and germs are getting on the bus not to go to school, but to make all the kids sick. Washing her hands kicks them off the school bus before they can make anyone ill, and everyone gets to go to school happy and healthy because your daughter washed her hands.

My nephew was 7 with a wobbly tooth his mother really wanted to yank out. She kept bugging him about it until he told her "It's my body and my choice," then she just waited until the tooth came out on its own.

i did talk to her a bit about how germs move around, and i think she got it on some level. There's a Sid the Science Kid episode that illustrates it pretty well...i should see if i can find it for a re-watch, especially with cold season coming up!

Archived