IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell: To every thing there is a season....

bionicmlle

Sarah and sisters took some lovely pictures on their "Colorful, Crisp and Cheerful" walk. I was reading the post and thought "Gosh, that Sarah is such a lovely girl" and lamenting her un-partnered state. And it seems she is lamenting, too, given that her post-script bible verse was Ecc. 3:1.

“To every thing there is a season, and a

time to every purpose under the heaven.â€

Ecclesiastes 3:1

Poor Sarah.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like they were using Apple maps to find their way - poor girls! Let's hope they aren't still out there walking around, halfway to the next state by now! :?

Looks like they were using Apple maps to find their way - poor girls! Let's hope they aren't still out there walking around, halfway to the next state by now! :?

Heh. Every day my phone says "you can install the new iOS6!" and every day I say "no thank you, until there's a proper google app for me to download kthnx" :D

Supposedly it's in the works. We'll see...

Still! Who knew Sarah was a Byrds fan? :lol:

(yes, yes...)

I've noticed that several fundie stay-at-home daughters regularly incorporate the phrase "season of singleness" into their blogs. To me, it's code for "Mom and Dad are never going to let me go."

Sarah and sisters took some lovely pictures on their "Colorful, Crisp and Cheerful" walk. I was reading the post and thought "Gosh, that Sarah is such a lovely girl" and lamenting her un-partnered state. And it seems she is lamenting, too, given that her post-script bible verse was Ecc. 3:1.

“To every thing there is a season, and a

time to every purpose under the heaven.â€

Ecclesiastes 3:1

Poor Sarah.

How do the Maxwells explain the part about there being "a time to dance?"

How do the Maxwells explain the part about there being "a time to dance?"

The word "dance" was translated incorrectly and it should have stated "fellowship," not "dance." :twisted:

I wonder what the next season of the Maxwells holds... shouldn't there be a pregnancy or courtship soon? Feels too long without some kind of announcement

OT: I hope I wasn't the only one who automatically starting singing Turn!Turn!Turn!

The word "dance" was translated incorrectly and it should have stated "fellowship," not "dance." :twisted:

Reminds me of an old joke: "Q: Why do Baptist not have sex standing up? A: Because someone might think they're dancing."

OT: I hope I wasn't the only one who automatically starting singing Turn!Turn!Turn!

Heck no!

I was thinking perhaps they need to buy some Time-Life publisher science books too, I had a relative gift me some as a kid and they were great, but of course incompatible with creationism...

(speaking of TV as the beast and all, I mean...)

Or a time for embracing?

Oh, Jessica, don't be silly! You can embrace your sister!

Turn! Turn! Turn!* (sister!)

*and yes, me, too, with the Byrds. Made me want to watch Forrest Gump for some reason.....

edited bc I am drunk.

When I read the title I not only thought of the song, but the notion that Uriah may have made its timely demise. Hm, guess not.

Well, if that's what it takes for them to escape...

Every time pretty fundie girls/women post flattering photos of themselves, I assume they are not-so-subtly trolling for suitors. Would that a young man almost as godly as Steve :roll: happens to stumble across the blog soon, while this post is still near the top of the page...

How old is Mary again -- is she 15? She's beautiful -- Steve's gonna have a hard time unloading Anna before Mary (and we all know Sarah's never going anywhere). Someone said on another thread that Mary looks like Chelsea Clinton, and I agree.

That poem also states there is a

a time to kill

a time to be healed

a time to die

a time to mourn, a time to weep, a time to laugh, and a time to dance

a time to build up

a time to tear down

a time to keep silent, and a time to speak (Terrie)

And also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good things of his labors, it is the gift of God- Ecclesiastes 3:1-13

The Maxwell Cult, can read entire Chapters in the Bible word for word and still not get the point.

How old is Mary again -- is she 15? She's beautiful -- Steve's gonna have a hard time unloading Anna before Mary (and we all know Sarah's never going anywhere). Someone said on another thread that Mary looks like Chelsea Clinton, and I agree.

That was me. She really does, I think. Too bad Mary will never have the education, support and opportunities that Chelsea Clinton has. Not because of privilege but because Chelsea's parents love and respect her for who she is as an individual and nurtured her intelligence and talents. Unlike Steve who only wants empty vessels.

That was me. She really does, I think. Too bad Mary will never have the education, support and opportunities that Chelsea Clinton has. Not because of privilege but because Chelsea's parents love and respect her for who she is as an individual and nurtured her intelligence and talents. Unlike Steve who only wants empty vessels.

It's the teeth

That reminds me of a certain SBC college I visited. They had dances, but called them 'foot fellowships.' I asked my room host if they thought they were fooling God. :doh:

How old is Mary again -- is she 15? She's beautiful -- Steve's gonna have a hard time unloading Anna before Mary (and we all know Sarah's never going anywhere).

One part of me is sad for the Maxwell girls since they will never get to fulfill their Steve-given dreams of marriage and motherhood, but another part of me is relieved. It's a few less babies born into this lifestyle.

One part of me is sad for the Maxwell girls since they will never get to fulfill their Steve-given dreams of marriage and motherhood, but another part of me is relieved. It's a few less babies born into this lifestyle.

I am in the relieved camp. As long as they hang on to that cult-like mindset and still desire to see women oppressed, I hope they don't have children. No child should have to come up like that just to appease some crazy sahd's desire for children.

Now if one of them breaks out, that's a different story.

Why does Steve have something against women fixing their hair? The Maxwell ladies always wear theirs straight down, and I could never do that. I have long hair and it would drive me crazy to always have it falling forward into my face. Anna's hair in particular always looks to me like it needs something. Sarah and especially Mary have found ways to make it look okay for them, but imagine how pretty they would be if they ::gasp:: wore a few hair clips. They wouldn't even necessarily have to wear it all up, just a little bit pulled back from the sides or top.

Archived