IGNORED

How did you find Free Jinger?

AtroposHeart

I found FJ when I was doing some research on Gothard. FJ kept coming up in the search results; for a while I ignored them (since I wanted more formal research), but eventually I gave into the call.

I have been obsessed with fundie/Mormon blogs for awhile. One day the now-defunct True Femininity (truefemininity.blogspot.com - stripped of almost all content now, sadly!) posted about how there was a mean forum talking about her, and I thought, "I have to find this!" No one IRL likes to read these blogs with me, though my husband will humor me. I love reading what other people think/have to say about these sites!

I used to read "fundies say the darndest things" and that lead me to "rapture ready". I used to think they were the most batshit out there.

My fascination with crazy fundies led to the duggars, and I believe I found fj on yuku either by googling "I hate the duggars" or no longer quivering

After Anna and Josh's wedding with the vows. I was googling the Duggars to find out more about their fundie ways stumbled upon the old website which brought me here. I do not post much because my spelling is not the best, but I read through lots of threads everyday while eating my lunch.

I found FJ through Razing Ruth. Can't remember what I was googling to find her.

Me too! Somebody on another forum I'm on mentioned Razing Ruth, so I read her entire blog and eventually found my way here.

Something set me to raging about the Duggars. I believe it was a cousin of mine on my old FB account, she also dislikes them and we were ranting back and forth about how naive people are regarding what they are REALLY about. I felt like it HAD to happen at least some of the time that raising your kids that way backfires on you, so I did a search and found NLQ. Lurked there for a long time, then found razing ruth. Razing Ruth mentioned FJ in one of her blogs so I looked it up.

I didn't like it at first, TBH the snark factor turned me off, I had come across a thread with a lot of infighting and I was like.....um no. Then there was a period where new members weren't being registered. I kept reading, and eventually I figured that there was a strong community of people here and the positives of that outweighed the negatives of the occasional mean spirited member who thinks "snark board" is a free pass to be nasty to anyone and everyone. So when registration opened up again, I registered.

I was researching the topic of people who have or think they have prophetic dreams. I landed on Rebekah Pearl Anast's blog, where she wrote of her dreams of the end of days. The more I read her site, the more uneasy I became so I Googled her name and ended up here.

I always say Emily and DNA were my gateway fundies because thinking about Rebekah makes me so sad. She was brutally abused by her evil mother and evil pervert father, leaving her prey for a piece of shit like Gabriel. I think the abuse made her mentally ill and she is incapable of even envisioning a healthy life, let alone having the inner resources to fight back and live one. No wonder she dreams of Armageddon - the end of the world must seem like a sweet release for her.

At any rate, Rebekah's shattered mind was how I found FreeJinger.

That is kind of funny since FJ was created to discuss off topic stuff that wasn't allowed on TWOP

FJ is hated by the mods at DWOP (they have control issues over there), and I don't remember who it was that was calling this a "Duggar site".

Several years ago I saw an episode of the Duggars show. I went on facebook to "like" them because I found it to be so hilarious and I had so much fun making fun of them. But before I could, I found a page about "freeing" Jinger Duggar. (This fb page wasn't affiliated with this site or the old one.) I was fascinated by they idea, googled it and ended up at the yuku site. It was around that time that a thread called "Young, broke and QF" started - all about Emily and Dna. I had never heard of such people before. I was hooked. I don't post much but I've been reading here and at the old forum for a while now.

I was reading Carolyn Jessop's book Escape (and had read Under the Banner of Heaven, Shattered Dreams, and His Favorite Wife, which are all about various sects of fundamentalist LDS and polygamy) and was googling about that and ran across some stuff on the quiverfull movement. I'd heard of the Duggars, but as I read more about the movement and the family, I was sort of mind-boggled. As I read in horrified fascination, some article mentioned FJ, so I looked it up and started lurking, then registered.

I enjoy reading the discussions.

I was googling families with more than one set of twins, only to find out about the Duggars. A bit more poking around led me to a reaaaally long thread on TWOP (I think) about a programme on large families. Possibly Kids By the Dozen? Horribly fascinated by the fundieism discussed by the posters, I read most of the thread in one go, then did yet more googling, which led me to a thread on pre-rapture FJ about the Duggars. Lurked for a while, then signed up.

Not 100% sure. One of the zillion parenting forums I was reading at the time (it was right after my now-2-year-old was born) was discussing, I think, Emily. Someone in that thread asked what that awesome feminist forum was that had more details about them and someone else replied "FreeJinger!" and I just had to swing by and check it out. I read all the time but I don't comment as much as I probably should. This place is so interesting!

I read back on the TWOP duggar posts years ago, continued to lurk on the yuku forum and then joined here. I have been a lurker for years now and following the duggars since their first special with 14 kids. Geesh how times have changed!

Candy.

Found out about her from a diet message board that was gobsmacked by her craziness. I think I started watching her when she and Brandy were still besties.

Is there a thread somewhere about the Candy and Brandy drama or Candy and her craziness in general? Somehow I missed all of that drama!

I read back on the TWOP duggar posts years ago, continued to lurk on the yuku forum and then joined here. I have been a lurker for years now and following the duggars since their first special with 14 kids. Geesh how times have changed!

Really -- 14 kids seems positively cozy at this point, doesn't it? :roll:

I was already in other groups in Yuku and found the Yuku FJ site (don't know what I was originally looking for). That led me here.

I have heard about this website for a few years. I finally joined in August of this year, and I am the best time on here snarking on what people are saying. It is nice to see how many other people thing all the religious focks are NUTS!!

There was a mention of Free Jinger in Razing Ruth's blog. One google search later and I found you all. I'm mostly a lurker but I enjoy this forum - very educational.

I discovered Free Jinger through one of Autumn's blog posts during/after her divorce. I was thrilled to see that I wasn't the only one with this fundie-watching habit and have been reading it devotedly ever since!

A mixture of RazingRuth and NLQ. I didn't register for a long time, just lurked. Then I realized I could actually keep up with postings by registering and that was it.

I don't post much, but I do appreciate the humor and honesty on the board.

I found FJ over on Yuku because of the under 1000 brain cells satirical blog. I lurked until recently... Sad, I know! I was never a huge Emily fan though. Crystal Paine, Kim at inashoe, YLCF, etc. were my gateway funnies starting in about 2005 and the snark in them is still my favourite.