IGNORED

How did you find Free Jinger?

AtroposHeart

Out of sheer frustration I googled "Is Anna at Pleasantview perfect?" which brought up the FJ Yuku board, then I realised it was all happening over here.

I was never on TWOP -- what is the Carrie C tragedy?

It was discussed back on Yuku - basically a fundie woman, Carrie C, was pregnant and determined to use a sketchy midwife to deliver at home. The midwife was convinced Carrie was pregnant with twins (I believe) even though the ultrasound only showed one baby. Midwife let Carrie go past her due date, even while having complications, and the (singleton) baby ended up arriving stillborn. Carrie had some major post partum health issues, the details of which kept changing, and finally her entire presence was scrubbed from the internet.

The midwife is still practicing.

I'm sure others can correct and fill in the story, it was one of the worst things I've come across on the internet simply because she refused to get legitimate pre natal care that probably would have saved Baby Beniniah.

I found the Yuku site 3 years ago, I guess, while I was Googling "quiverfull". I lurked for ages before joining and posting. I think Emily was what got me officially addicted to FJ.

I found it through a comment on Jezebel. At the time, it was still on Yuku . I was already familiar with the Duggars , Vision Forum, and LAF, but not anyone else discussed on here.

Guest Anonymous

I can't remember the exact order of events, but I was looking for other ex-fundamentalists. I might have googled "leaving fundamentalism" but I really don't recall. I found NLQ, Razing Ruth, and snippy Emily, and wound up on the yuku site. I lurked for ages, then finally registered and started posting.

It was mentioned on Stuff Fundies Like. I was going through one of my obsessions with the wilder shores of American culture, which is how I got to SFL.

I lurked at Yuku and when you were raptured I decided to join in the fun.

Read an article in Bitch Magazine about the quiverfull movement and Free Jinger and a few other sites were mentioned. That was over a year ago. I mostly lurk.

Look what I found when googling Carrie C

//calulu.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/apology-to-carri-chmielewski.html.

Btw, I thought I posted this earlier, but the post seems to have disappeared.

I think I read about them initially on a snark forum several years ago. I googled them, thought they were crazy and forgot about them and then saw their show. I googled them again, read about them on fanboards, thought it was far too moderated and then read about FJ and signed up!

I first heard about FJ on the TWOP Duggar thread (I read it even though I've never been able to get through a single episode of the show ) but I never checking it out. I eventually got here after FJ showed up when I Googled something about the Maxwells, so lurked for a bit and then joined.

Was obsessed with the Duggars! Not impressed. Rather, horrified by the slave girls, the neglect of Jennifer, the whole insane lifestyle. After watching the (freak)show for a few years, I saw a reference one day to Michelle's "wild" youth and decided to google em. Search threw up the Jubilee fiasco which I knew nothing about because A; the show is about a year behind here and B; nobody here has heard of them and media has no interest because its all a bit alien. Anyway, googling Michelle led me here and I read and read and read and then picked my jaw up off the floor and lurked for a few months. Then joined. Warily cos it's a bit scary!

I stumbled across the (non) Thinking Housewife while looking for feminist blogs, and was so horrified I had to google her name to see if she was for real. I found Free Jinger instead!

I honestly don't remember at this point. I imagine it was Duggar-related; I probably was sick one day, watching trashy TV, and decided to Google. I lurked for a while.

I honestly don't remember at this point. I imagine it was Duggar-related; I probably was sick one day, watching trashy TV, and decided to Google. I lurked for a while.

I lurked for awhile, too, but then when the Maxwells topics started to hit the scene, I could no longer resist being a member.

I lurked for awhile, too, but then when the Maxwells topics started to hit the scene, I could no longer resist being a member.

I don't remember what pushed me out of hiding but I remember I registered during a class I hated. Might be fun to go back through my posts sometime and see what I did...

I heard of FJ about 5 or 6 years ago, but it was touted as a site about the Duggars only (was it in the day?), then about 1.5 years ago I was an avid reader of The Redheaded Skeptic blog and I was looking through stuff that she linked to, and one of those blogs linked to here. Oh, about the same time I was on DWOP, and this is what was being referred to "the other site", so I decided to give it a whirl.

I'd heard about the Duggars several years ago and thought they were crazy. Then I saw that this Jewish girl I knew liked some Duggar-related pages on Facebook and I was like "WTF, those are ultra-conservative Christians, why would you like them?" so I started googling them again because I find fundies so fascinating (because they are pretty much the antithesis of everything I have ever known) found myself here. I lurked for quite awhile before one day when Lina pissed me off so much that I had to join.

I heard of FJ about 5 or 6 years ago, but it was touted as a site about the Duggars only (was it in the day?), then about 1.5 years ago I was an avid reader of The Redheaded Skeptic blog and I was looking through stuff that she linked to, and one of those blogs linked to here. Oh, about the same time I was on DWOP, and this is what was being referred to "the other site", so I decided to give it a whirl.

That is kind of funny since FJ was created to discuss off topic stuff that wasn't allowed on TWOP

I found FJ after googling about the Duggars after the Jubilee fiasco. My search led me to the old Yuku site, which linked me to here. Lurked a little while but eventually I couldn't resist joining in!

Look what I found when googling Carrie C

//calulu.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/apology-to-carri-chmielewski.html.

Btw, I thought I posted this earlier, but the post seems to have disappeared.

I found FJ via the Carrie C fiasco...and the Calulu person doesn't seem to understand that we're a snark board with LEGITIMATE CONCERNS about how that all went down.

I'd also add that anyone what anyone who has walked through a pre-20th century cemetery knows: there are a LOT of young women buried with the last child they bore. I'm unapologetically glad for hospitals, modern medicine and medicalized birth; otherwise, my 20 YO mom would have died shortly after I was born.

I found FJ a couple of years ago when I was searching for Candi Braur after she flounced. It was still on Yuku then. I mostly lurk because fundies tick me off and I'm not articulate when I'm ticked off. Also, everyhing I want to say has usually been said, and I feel dumb being redundant.