IGNORED

How did you find Free Jinger?

AtroposHeart

Found it via TWOP, which I found after Josh and Anna's courtship and decided these people are insane, so started Googling. Never actually got an account on TwOP because the heavy handed moderation was super intimidating, though I still read threads there sometimes. Then I started learning about other fundies on here...the Maxwells and Zsu being the most strangely fascinating for me, and was glad there were other people who could be appalled at the crazy shit fundies do right along with me. I'm also glad to find other people who like to talk about the parts of American politics I find terrifying, and are on the same side as me. This is now the website I visit most often, even more than Facebook. I'm so happy I found this place

I used to be a big fan/follower of Candy's blog, googled her during one of her disappearances because I wondered how she and the kids were doing, and found the old Yuku board. I read some, saw people snarking on some of the things that bothered me about fundies and the whole culture even while I was in the middle of it, and joined in halfway expected to get jumped on. Instead, I found a bunch of people who were opinionated and did challenge a lot of my views, but who seemed to actually care about people, children in particular, more than most of the fundies I was interacting with.

Through a Jewish parenting board, which linked to Chaviva's blog post on Lina. Somehow, while search up Lina's stuff, I landed here.

There was a discussion on WeBegToDiffer about the Duggars, and someone there posted a link to FJ. I lurked for a year or two before joining. I like reading the back-story on things like the Duggars, Fundies etc.

I can't remember the exact steps, but it was very early on into my starting my 'question everything about my upbringing' project several years ago. I *think* I was googling one of the homeschool leaders looking for criticisms and ran across the old Yuku board. I lurked on and off for probably a year before joining that board.

I found out about FJ through one of the many trips I make down the Amazon.com rabbit hole. I somehow found myself reading book reviews by a woman named Corey (I think). She seems to hate Doug Phillips (is a tool) with a passion, so she's good people in my book! Anyway, I don't know of it was Corey or one of the many people she smacks down on Amazon who mentioned FJ, but that's how I got here (and found LolDougs).

Original member since 2005 right after we opened. Mostly lurked until about 3 years ago. Took over as owner 18 months ago, in case anyone was curious.

Candy.

Found out about her from a diet message board that was gobsmacked by her craziness. I think I started watching her when she and Brandy were still besties.

I have a grudge against the Duggars because my last Sunday School teacher constantly praised them. I'd point out how they isolate & under educate their kids & how JimBoob & J'chelle don't actually raise their own children, & got dirty looks for my trouble.

I was lurking on the Duggar thread on TWoP & saw Free Jinger mentioned, visited & fell in love with the snark. 8-)

I used to post on Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing (BNABBT), whose original purpose was to snark on the kinds of names people inflicted on their kids. Someone started a thread about a crazy fundie family with umptillion kids, all with J-names, and Free Jinger popped up. I've been here ever since.

I was going through a fundie obsession and wanted to know what they thought "defraud" meant. FJ was the first or second result that popped up when I googled "defraud". I wanted to know more about Fundies and man did I learn.

I also found it on the Duggar thread on TWOP, but never actually joined that board because of the heavy moderation. I lurked before the rapture, and decided to join as I enjoy snarking.

I wish I could remember how I ended up here, or even how long I've been here! How pathetic is that? And I'm a Vision Forum Intern, for God's sake!

Duggar fascination led me to TWOP, and they kept mentioning this place (although the comments were always inevitably snipped out) so I mosied over to look. At first I didn't think it was my cup of tea since I wasn't into religion, but I kept popping back over to read random bits and pieces. I finally officially joined during the Carrie C tragedy, because holy shit, I can't even begin to describe how awful that whole thing was.

Duggar fascination led me to TWOP, and they kept mentioning this place (although the comments were always inevitably snipped out) so I mosied over to look. At first I didn't think it was my cup of tea since I wasn't into religion, but I kept popping back over to read random bits and pieces. I finally officially joined during the Carrie C tragedy, because holy shit, I can't even begin to describe how awful that whole thing was.

I was never on TWOP -- what is the Carrie C tragedy?

Found it while Googling the Maxwells, my longtime gateway fundies--and when I *did* find it (back in the Yuku days), I stayed up until 3AM, engrossed. So glad I'm not alone in my fascination/horror!

Found it while Googling the Maxwells, my longtime gateway fundies--and when I *did* find it (back in the Yuku days), I stayed up until 3AM, engrossed. So glad I'm not alone in my fascination/horror!

Maybe that's how I found FJ, too. I think my original fascination was with the Duggars because they were on TV. But then I found VF and the Maxwells and boy, it's so much fun!

I used to post on Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing (BNABBT), whose original purpose was to snark on the kinds of names people inflicted on their kids. Someone started a thread about a crazy fundie family with umptillion kids, all with J-names, and Free Jinger popped up. I've been here ever since.

Oh MAN that site is hilarious. I love how it has sections devoted to all kinds of separate themes of wtfery.

I was (still am) writing a novel about fundies infiltrating a public school, and was doing research on them when I stumbled across Duggars Without Pity. It was around the time Michelle did that radio interview and someone mentioned that some of the callers had been from a "Duggar hate site". So I googled "Duggar hate site" and knew I had found my people. :D