IGNORED

How did you find Free Jinger?

AtroposHeart

I found it through reading MRA/Misogynistic blogs. Once there was a blogger named Hestia who had a blog called 'the coming night' that was an Mra/Traditional christianity blog and I saw one day she posted about her troubles on Free Jinger, a website hostile to women with anti-feminist views.

What had happened was that Laura of 'Full of grace, seasoned of salt' had wrote a blogpost that compared women to dogs/ someone thought that Hesita, was Laura's husband's blog and linked her blog. She was already a member of Free jinger under the name mamamilkshake and she tried to defend her anti-suffrage views against Free jinger and ended up getting her ass handed to her.

She later claimed that Free Jinger was trying to kidnap her daughter.

Yes, she was a crazy lady,

I came straight from TWoP. I've lurked there for years and had heard of FJ, even saw the discussion that led to its formation while catching up on the Duggars thread, but it wasn't until TWoP Howard locked the thread in December—right around the time the Jubilee debacle was happening—that I finally came to check it out myself. And then lurked further, until the cake orgies and whatnot ultimately brought me out once and for all. :D

I found FJ when the whole Jennie Chancey's pattern issue was going on by Elle/Aria Star. Elle/Aria Star had posted on the Regretsy forums with a link back to FJ. I had no idea who Aria Star was until I googled her.

I heard about it on a homesteading forum. One of the other posters is on here and mentioned what you did here and I had to check it out. I'm happy that I did.

1. "Return of the Daughters" DVD shows up one day in my library. Me: "Who ARE these women vamping and duck-lipping for the camera???" Which led me to...

2. "Visionary Daughters" website. Me: "Surely, this is a spoof, these people can't possibly be for real..." Which led me to...

3. Vision Forum's website, and Doug-Phillips-is-a-tool waxing rhapsodic about BRADRICK!'s normativity-promoting wedding. Me: "OMFG, this is like watching a train wreck!" Which led me to...

4. Dominion Wackiness Troll's never-fail-to-enlighten-and-entertain posts on DataLounge. Which led me to...

5. Free Jinger!!

Guest Anonymous

It all started when I was looking into Judaism. Thanks to my friend Google, I found a few convert blogs to follow. When things blew up in the convert blogosphere (petty infighting, accusing people of being 'off the derech', etc.), I Googled again and found some commentary and criticism here at Free Jinger. So I signed up here.

Edit: Pretty seriously trimmed.

I've always been very curious about women who live in circumstances of seemingly voluntary subordination, like polygamy and the patriarchal system. I had googled quiverful to see what fresh and bizarre information I could find, and the old Yuku site popped up. I couldn't believe my luck in finding this board; it has led me down so many more rabbit holes and fed my obsession. Thank you FJ!

Used to post in the Duggars thread on TWOP in the early days of the specials when Free Jinger as a slogan started and when the Yuku forum was formed as a response to heavy-handed moderation at TWOP.

eta: to feel cool and whatnot I checked the old site and I was the third person who posted on the original site oh so many moons ago!

I was reading a blog (think it was one of the STFU blogs, but I am not sure which as a lot of them could apply to fundies) and then this forum was mentioned. I read through it for a bit, then lost the link for a few weeks, then rediscovered it and decided to read through the entire thing. When I finished, I decided to join.

I read about FJ on TWoP, and after Howard gave me some stupid warning - posting about Zach Bates running for office, and closed The Duggars TWoP, I had had it and checked out FJ on yuku. I sometimes check back on TWoP but I rarely post and I usually go weeks before catching up.

I had somehow found Zsuzsanna's blog, and there were comments about FJ hags and how awful you all were. As you seemed to hold many of the same opinions about Zsuzsanna's crazy that I did I googled. Lurked for quite a while before joining, this can be an intimidating space to jump into the discussions.

Kathryn Joyce wrote an article on Salon about the Quiverfull movement (she was about to publish her book), and mentioned the blog No Longer Quivering, and I wanted to read more about it so I went to the blog, and I found FJ from there.

Found the FJ Yuku site through Tabby, my gateway fundie--I was trying to figure out what she was going on about, and wound up encountering equally mystified FJ folks.

I found FJ (not too long before the rapture) while researching the Duggars. I lurked for a while before joining. :D

I found it via Autumn's blog. I found her via Anna (Domestic Felicity), who I found via LAF, who I found via I dunno...

When Autumn posted about her divorce and how weird it was to know that people talked about her online, she linked to Free Jinger. Been here (mostly as a lurker) ever since.

I came straight from TWoP. I've lurked there for years and had heard of FJ, even saw the discussion that led to its formation while catching up on the Duggars thread, but it wasn't until TWoP Howard locked the thread in December—right around the time the Jubilee debacle was happening—that I finally came to check it out myself. And then lurked further, until the cake orgies and whatnot ultimately brought me out once and for all. :D

I found the old Yuku board on TWoP also - I don't have an account there, but one day decided to google the Duggars for some reason (I remember the reason now - I had read about quiverfull, and thought surely the Duggars are quiverfull then? I need to google and find out). I've never seen the Duggars' show, only a few clips on YouTube, but thought I'd just find some information about them, and their monster thread over on TWoP was one of the first hits.

So I started reading, and reading, and reading... finding that the most interesting conversations were all the background information on their lifestyle and ATI and the like. Of course that was precisely the stuff that the moderators, to my annoyance, would always kill and forbid. At some point during one of those handslappy sessions someone mentioned the old Free Jinger on Yuku, I went there, and never looked back...

...particularly when I found out that there were OTHER people who read the Maxwell blog just to snark it!! I'm not alone!!! :lol:

Shortly afterward the Maxwells had a wedding, and I enjoyed watching it streaming live on the Internet (my husband thought I was surely crazy to watch some random strangers' wedding on the Internet, of all things, but "wait, why are you laughing so hard? What? Death? At a WEDDING??? Are you serious???") and being able to read snark in real time from those other people who share my strange hobby.

From the comment section of under1000permonth. Don't recall how I found crazy Emily.