IGNORED

Malala Yousafzai (one of the bravest kids out there) shot...

Effie

14-year-old Pakistan activist Malala Yousafzai is one of the bravest kids I know of. In interviews during the last few years, Malala has made herself known as a fearless advocate for women's and girls' rights. One of her core issues has been girls' right to education. She is also known as an outspoken critic of the Taliban in Pakistan and public advocate for peace. She has been awarded with the first National Peace Award of Pakistan and was nominated for the International Children's Peace Prize in 2011.

Today she was shot in the head, on her way home from school. The Pakistan Taliban have claimed responsibility for the attack on Malala and two other girls. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -girl.html

I think we can all learn something from Malala. Courage.

nME-TeBAfmU

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard about this today :( News reports said she should be ok.

Shocking.

Oh, no. I've been following Malala's story for years and she is such a brave and splendid person. That poor girl. Looks like she will recover from this incident, but I hope she can live in safety (somehow) after. What kind of scum can do such a monstrous thing to a CHILD?! It always seems shocking no matter how often it happens.

This is horrifying. And I thought the Taliban had done the worst they could.

I guess I was wrong. I need to post this girls interview to my children's facebook and

suggest they and their friends be half as active and brave as this young woman.

I don't know her story, but I'm going to find it out. To someone I reckon is a fallen comrade, they shall NOT pass.

I hope Malala will make a full recovery and the entire Taliban will get what they deserve. Wankers, indeed.

Oh my god.... This little lady is stronger and braver than most adults. The world needs the likes of her. I hope she's okay :/

That poor kid. I hope she pulls through, and can be gotten out of the valley. It's not going to be safe for her to return there :(

C'mon sweet girl, get better ASAP! You are an amazing young woman and I cannot wait until you are are back on your feet, advocating for girls with the weight of the world behind you!

It would be nice to think that the powers that be in Pakistan (and I don't mean the bloody government there) would stand up and support this girl. It would be nice, but I doubt it will happen.

I'm just sick over this. This young woman is brave beyond all imagining and I hope she recovers fully and stands as a symbol of reason and defiance for many, many years. The world she dreams of is not beyond reach.

As a young woman in college, I'm heartbroken to think that Malala was shot for merely wanting the opportunities I have, and admittedly take for granted. What a brave girl. What does it say about her power and inspiration that the Taliban has to shoot at a 14-year-old? They're sick bastards. I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery.

Poor kid I hope she makes a full recovery and lives to a ripe old age just to spite them. On a side note I want ten minutes alone with these cowards with just them and my trusty baseball bat.

May this spark be the one that sets a revolution/ change in motion. I hope this young woman makes a full recovery and also dances on the tilbans ashes.

I hadn't heard of her before. I was in awe watching the video. How intelligent, brave and wise! She's just amazing.

The story is so disgusting and devastating. Even if she survives she might have a lot of delays and disabilities whereas she seemed to be so articulate!

The more I read about it the more amazed I am, it's actually amazing she's lasted this long, I can't imagine how brave her entire family must be, they want to stay to change from the inside, but I wish I could just take her to come and live with me :-(

I just heard a news report that stated that the bullet "damaged critical areas of her brain." I just feel sick. :(

I just heard a news report that stated that the bullet "damaged critical areas of her brain." I just feel sick. :(

I heard she has 70 % chance of surviving. I can't stop thinking about the 30 %... :(

Archived