IGNORED

Quiverful Digest?

helloemi

Has anyone successfully infiltrated them?

I was legitimately interested in their beliefs at first, well minus the patriarchy (Which is how I first found this forum :lol: ) but you know...the whole needing to further my education, getting promoted at work thing kinda convinced me otherwise. I decided to try to subscribe out of entertainment value, even name dropped a distant Quiverful relative who publishes a Christian magazine.

I thought my answers were fool proof...but I was outsmarted by the fundies....Grrrr!

Has anyone managed to subscribe?

Is it a online thing? I have never heard of it. I could most likely get in with my connections in the homeschool world, but I only have 3 kids and no interest in having more.

http://www.quiverfullDOTcom/digest.php

Their FAQ's for membership are absurd.

"Good content is what's most important: encourage, inform, exhort.

Be careful and earnest. Don't engage in idle chat or impulsive thoughts. Respect the attention of hundreds (if not thousands!) of listeners. How would you speak to a large auditorium filled with such a crowd?

When responding to a previous post, re-quote only the minimum text necessary to recall the issues (three lines or less), and identify who you are quoting.

Speak in scriptural references, rather than speculating.

Write something original, heartfelt, and specifically for us. Don't cross-post something you've sent to another list or newsgroup. Don't copy or forward material from others.

Personal testimonies, anecdotes, poetry, jokes, etc., are welcome IF and only if you wrote them and they relate to our topics of interest. Do not use someone else's material. "

http://www.quiverfullDOTcom/digest.php

Their FAQ's for membership are absurd.

"Good content is what's most important: encourage, inform, exhort.

Be careful and earnest. Don't engage in idle chat or impulsive thoughts. Respect the attention of hundreds (if not thousands!) of listeners. How would you speak to a large auditorium filled with such a crowd?

When responding to a previous post, re-quote only the minimum text necessary to recall the issues (three lines or less), and identify who you are quoting.

Speak in scriptural references, rather than speculating.

Write something original, heartfelt, and specifically for us. Don't cross-post something you've sent to another list or newsgroup. Don't copy or forward material from others.

Personal testimonies, anecdotes, poetry, jokes, etc., are welcome IF and only if you wrote them and they relate to our topics of interest. Do not use someone else's material. "

So,its basically for no fun, Maxwell types? I'm out, I don't have any Bible knowledge anyway...

No fun is right! My answer involved "God spoke into our hearts about this decision".

A true statement.

But reading further down, answers are only acceptable if you choose the way of life from reading scripture because God speaking to you implies some type of occult/magic/craziness. *Smacks forehead*

No fun is right! My answer involved "God spoke into our hearts about this decision".

A true statement.

But reading further down, answers are only acceptable if you choose the way of life from reading scripture because God speaking to you implies some type of occult/magic/craziness. *Smacks forehead*

Then I shouldn't mention I am a psychic,huh? :dance: Maybe one of our Bible smart people will consider joining if things get slow. We can always use new material.

I didn't join to infiltrate, we don't use birth control and that stems from our religious beliefs, so I figured we fit. I joined years ago, I think before I was even married.

They haven't sent any digests in ages.

But I can tell you it's mostly kind of boring, and not all having to do with QF necessarily. Some people are looking for advice on stuff in general--school, breastfeeding, healthcare, best kinds of transportation. They allow the occasional house or van listing, when they're of interest to larger families. Folks introducing themselves and asking about other QF local to them. People's beliefs outside of the birth control issue varied widely, as far as I saw. Questions asked would get a pretty good variety of answers from different perspectives. Some hyperpatriarchalists, others not. Obviously there were plenty of QF related posts as well--what to do if husband is not QF, dealing with miscarriages, issues related to birth and c-sections, etc.

I don't particularly miss it.

I don't know if QF Digest is like this, but I have participated in some fundie discussions in the past where the only way one that was acceptable to express a position was if scripture was used. As in, it had to be used in every post. No studies or facts or god-forbid-personal-anecdote or opinion was acceptable.

I know scripture really well and there really are a lot of good ways to back up things like gender equality or not judging others from scripture, but for the love of mike, some things are just common sense and no one should need a scripture to back up a position like, "hey, we should all be nice to other people" or something innocuous like that. If you said something like that without a scripture quote, people would shout you down. I couldn't carry on long at this because I had stopped believing scripture as the inerrant, inspired Word of God. Well, that, and I expect that people should be able to use reason, logic, and facts to back up their positions. Call me crazy.

My guess would be that they look to see if you've tithed them regularly, then decide to accept or reject you based on that. :twisted:

I joined YEARS ago, when DH and I were semi-Christian, and we decided we'd take as many babies as we get, given my fertility issues. I still get the digests, but they're infrequent, and boring as fuck - where can I find a 15-passenger van in this location, prayer requests, etc. Not much snark material in there. I noticed it seemed to be more guys than women posting.

Archived