IGNORED

Dead Celebrities

anniebgood

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was out drinking with one of my film classes when the news broke, so we raised a glass in his honour. Just awful news. We'll miss you, wonderful critic.

I just heard about this on the news awhile ago. I read his memoir several months back and it was pretty inspirational. RIP Roger.

I am glad he went peacefully. I read that they'd just made the decision to go home and have hospice care, he smiled at them, closed his eyes and left.

My 19yo son is crushed, Roger is a hero of his. It will take awhile for us to stop saying "What did Ebert think?" when a new movie comes out. :(

Annette Funicello, one of the original Mouseketeers, died today at the age of 70 after a very long battle with multiple sclerosis (MS). She had been unable to walk since 2004, unable to speak since 2009 and required round the clock care at the end of her life.

Nobody ever looked more beautiful with those Mouse ears. They suited her perfectly.

http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2013/04/beloved-mouseketeer-and-iconic-teen-star-annette-funicello-passes-away//url

QNK5KzI48mM

I'm sad about this. She was a a large part of my childhood. RIP Annette.

I'm sad about this. She was a a large part of my childhood. RIP Annette.

MIne, too. I thought she was the coolest girl ever, even more so than Hayley Mills.

Turns out she grew up to be a wonderful mom and lady. Will never ever forget a TV special about her, as she was losing her voice. Her husband was showing her a stack of greeting cards that had arrived in the mail, and she smiled and said - voice going fast - "Isn't. that. nice!" Her husband bowed his head and his voice seriously cracked when he said, "YOU are nice!" I think he was crying.

RIP, Miss Annette.

I will admit that I don't often cry when celebrities die, but I did when I heard that Annette had died.

Annette was awesome. Loved her as a Mouseketeer and in the Frankie Avalon movies.

It is a bad week to be famous.

This made me cry. She was a huge part of my growing up. I loved all the old beach movies and saw every one of them many times and even remember her singing Tall Paul. Damn.

Archived