IGNORED

Dead Celebrities

anniebgood

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's really sad because she was such a great artist.. but on the other hand is not really supringsly that she dies that young. She has got a long drug history and I was often wondering myself that she still made it.

Sadly I heard it on the radio here in Germany just a few minutes ago and it was the top news.. not Norway. I don't know.. but this felt "wrong"..

Did you know that during the Royal Wedding there was a natural disaster in the US? :shock: I barely knew and I live here. Its a shame that the media chooses to focus on certain things that aren't necessarily important.

On a different note at this point I really am waiting for Lindsay Lohan to die. Its only a matter of time before she keels over. I doubt she'll make it to 30.

When someone dear to me went to rehab for the first time, the counselor there said that statistically, it takes about 7 stints in rehab for someone to stay sober for life. Addiction is a disease, although US culture doesn't necessarily view it as such.

Wow. How very sad for her. I hope Lindsay Lohan is paying attention.

She is ok, she doesn't exist anymore, her poor, poor parents I really feel sorry for them.

Wow, what a sad waste of such a talented woman. I've never been a diehard fan of hers, but always appreciated her music and hoped that she got her life turned around.

I with that she could have rid herself of her demons. But, I can imagine just how hard it is. In light of this, I need to call a friend of mine, who had a lengthy bout with drug and alcohol addiction and tell him just how proud I am that he's cleaned up his life. I wish Amy could have managed the same.

RIP, my dear.

Fortunately, psychopathy afflicts a small minority of the human population.

Actually, I was thinking about the other end of the spectrum- the really, really sensitive people. Have you ever spent a lot of time around little kids? Ever found that one child in particular was way more sensitive and emotional than the others? (ie- things that most children would be sad and maybe cry over, this child is distressed to the point of hysterics) I was that child and if you are, by nature, empathetic to that degree, you have to set limits on what you’re sympathetic about or you’ll end up killing yourself before you hit your 20s.

Empathy is just really, really emotionally exhausting for some people.

Amy Winehouse's death is no less tragic because thousands of people are dying in Ethiopia, Somalia and Kenya, just as their deaths are no less tragic because, unlike Amy Winehouse, they are largely anonymous. Empathy has a limitless capacity.

I knew the name but not really the music. Another sad ending for a young star.I think the public has always been more smitten when something happens in the lives of the rich and famous. It leaves them scratching thier heads wondering why when the person didn't have to live this way. IMO there is no hierarchy of pain and suffering. You may as well tell those without jobs in the US to go see how a third world country lives. True we may be 'wealthier' than some countries,how does that make what happened to them less tragic? The fact of the matter is the same things that happen in those countries also happen in the US but the gov refuses to admit it. Another thing is Amy Winehouse chose to make her life public.

I'm sad for her, only because I'm sad for any young person who dies for any reason. When it comes to addiction, I always hope they can turn their lives around.

Valsa, I was that child, too. I get it.

I still can't watch those ASPCA commercials with the abused animals or Animal Planet shows featuring animal control officers without getting upset and crying. Being sensitive sucks.

I...I can't even watch Bambi. :oops:

People always ask me why I don't become a vet, because I love animals so much. That's why I don't become a vet--I couldn't handle it.

I...I can't even watch Bambi. :oops:

People always ask me why I don't become a vet, because I love animals so much. That's why I don't become a vet--I couldn't handle it.

Aw, don't feel bad, Bambi was awful. My mom took me to see it in the theaters when it came out for a special viewing (I must have been a wee child, maybe three or four) Because that's a brilliant thing to do... I think they made us leave to go out into the lobby when his mom died.

I'm glad I'm not alone! I always feel so stupid for not being able to handle things normal people seem to be able to without any problem.

Aw, don't feel bad, Bambi was awful. My mom took me to see it in the theaters when it came out for a special viewing (I must have been a wee child, maybe three or four) Because that's a brilliant thing to do... I think they made us leave to go out into the lobby when his mom died.

I'm glad I'm not alone! I always feel so stupid for not being able to handle things normal people seem to be able to without any problem.

I have a household ban on all animal centric films, because even if they're happy overall there's always that one scene where the main animal character has a near death experience and I cannot handle it. Even if the animals end up perfectly fine (see Homeward Bound and the scene where the dog is trapped in the pit).

I have a household ban on all animal centric films, because even if they're happy overall there's always that one scene where the main animal character has a near death experience and I cannot handle it. Even if the animals end up perfectly fine (see Homeward Bound and the scene where the dog is trapped in the pit).

We have a ban on Animal Planet/Discovery Channel documentaries for the same reason. I don't know why, but it seems like every documentary, no matter what species they're covering, always includes some baby animal dying or almost dying.

I still can't watch those ASPCA commercials with the abused animals or Animal Planet shows featuring animal control officers without getting upset and crying. Being sensitive sucks.

I get it too, and for all the same reasons. Some of my sons are the same way and we have to turn the channel when the ASPCA commercials come on, they are banned from our house. I have even run out in a snow storm to save a baby field mouse frozen in the snow because I just couldn't stand there watching it die. My husband loves that about me but wishes I could get a stronger grip on controling it as he doesn't like me bringing in wild animals or so many strays home all the time. I wish I could too.

I'm sad for her, only because I'm sad for any young person who dies for any reason. When it comes to addiction, I always hope they can turn their lives around.

co-sign.

I was, and still am in many ways that child as well. I remember crying as a little girl when other people got hurt - I just felt so bad for them I couldn't help myself. I've mastered the tears, for the most part, now that I'm older, but the feelings are still there...

Just a quick chuckle:

My mom honestly thought Amy Winehouse was the lead singer of Evanescence, the formerly Christian Band. She was quite upset a good Christian girl was on drugs like that.

Such a wasted talent, yes she had problems etc but her music really is amazing! Head the news on the radio at work, but wasnt paying enough attention to really know what was happning. RIP Amy.

She was good at what she did. Not the drugs and drinking, but the singing....When she was sober enough to find the microphone. :doh:

She's not a fundy, but she's been snarked on by the best. She was found dead in her apartment today in London.

When she was on her game she put forth a great show and was a good artist. Sad loss of life.

:violin:

This made me really sad, too. I have a few of her songs on my iPod and she could be really talented. I always kept hoping she'd kick the drugs and get it together.

The part that I find the saddest is that, when someone with talent, but some obvious problems, surfaces on the scene, they always attract a ton of enablers and leeches. People who are better off if the star self destructs. These people become commodities, to be used first and foremost for financial gain. I have no doubt that her husband was one of these people and that she had a ton of them, egging her on to be outrageous, screwed up on drugs and alcohol and make a fool of herelf.

Those who actually did care about her, like her parents, were shoved aside for the enablers who really wanted to see her face down in a gutter. I assume that none of them wanted her to die, but... they wanted her on the front pages of every tabloid. It was good for business. Lindsay Lohan is another star with some obvious talent, who's wasting it by giving in to the enablers. Unfortunately for Lindsay, her parents are some of the worst enablers that she has and there are very few who care about her enough to want to see her clean up, make some good movies and do something with her life. She's more useful to them if the's getting attention by being a massive screw up.

Britney Spears was lucky. She had family and friends who were horrified enough at her behavior that they stepped in, did something about it and got her back to a somewhat normal state of existence. They forced her into treatment, they forced her to start making better decisions for herself and her children. This is what should happen, because someone with an out of control addiction or mental health problem needs to be taken care of. They're obviously not able to do so themselves.

I'm sad that Amy Winehouse didn't have enough of this and I really fear for Lindsay Lohan, that she'll meet the same fate. With all of the insanity already in her life, I feel like it's only a matter of time for her. It's doubly sad when I've known people in my own life, who had the same things working against them, but were still able to clean up and move on. It is possible, even for someone without the wealth of resources that celebrities have.

I hope that Amy finds some peace in the afterlife and that her demise sends a message to other that, even though stars may seem like they're invincible, they're just as human as everyone else.

Guest Anonymous

She had a great voice. I must say that I'm totally unsuprised. Sad, but predictablle. Being an addict (or recovering addict) myself, this is an expected outcome for someone who had others dependent upon her financially - so young, so sad.

Archived