IGNORED

Lady Lydia is boilin' water for Jesus!

contrary

Boiling can get rid of some bacteria, it will not get rid of the chemicals people claim to be worried about....

The boil alert is almost certainly for fecal coliform bacteria or something similar, which boiling will get rid of. Heavy metals and lead don't get boiled away; they tend to concentrate after boiling in fact.

Ahh... thank you for the information! FreeJinger members are better than Wikipedia 8-)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to see that chart! Is it online somewhere? I'm sure I would have been a prostitute or a scrubwoman, because we were quite poor when I was a kid.

I don't know if the chart the teacher used is online anywhere but there might be something similar online.

I believe you're thinking of Sherry from Be A Living Sacrifice. I think Lady Lydia's kids are grown.

I meant when they were younger, I realise her kids have grown up. But I also think I was thinking of Sherry. It's hard to tell one pink flowery blog from another sometimes!

Incidentally, I am so pleased to find other high-end tea addicts (although admittedly I'll try pretty much anything). I'm not keen on black teas (except for the odd Irish Breakfast), but I LOVE my white tea and whenever I can afford it I'll buy the highest grade loose leaf white tea from china. I'm a maniac when it comes to preparing it properly. I feel so much more normal now!

I actually used to quite like the Lipton brand white tea, but only the stuff in silk bags. The ordinary stuff wasn't great. When I can't be bothered making tea from scratch I'll make this store-bought white tea/rose petal/vanilla mix that comes in silk bags.

This article actually told me something I never do: Always use cold water to bring it to a boil. If I want to cook pasta, rice or something like that, I use hot tap water and bring it to a boil, because the wait is shorter.

Shouldn't I? I can't fathom a reason for it, but perhaps there is. :?:

That depends, how much sediment from the hot water tank would you like in your pasta? :D

Archived