IGNORED

Isn't the Serven wedding today?

WonderingInWA

If I have my blog-snarking radar tuned right, isn't Nathan Serven going to be marrying his NR Emily this weekend? Anyone got any news?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did some Googling (though I'm nowhere near the sleuth a lot of FJers are!) and found only that it is today, no other details. If someone finds out about a live stream, we need to know when and where! :lol:

I did some Googling (though I'm nowhere near the sleuth a lot of FJers are!) and found only that it is today, no other details. If someone finds out about a live stream, we need to know when and where! :lol:

As much as I love attending fundy weddings in cyberspace I really need to get some work done. If anyone does find a link, please post it. I don't mind procastinating. :lol:

The Servens have battened down the information hatches. There's nothing new out there, including on friends' FB pages. But I will search again in the next 48 hours or so for post-wedding reports.

The Servens have battened down the information hatches. There's nothing new out there, including on friends' FB pages. But I will search again in the next 48 hours or so for post-wedding reports.

It is truly a hazardous journey and prayer filled mission, thank you for accepting this task Marian.

In his name...

Nice work, Drunkenbutterfly! And leave it to the LeClerc boy to be the photographer (I wonder why Christopher Maxwell wasn't chosen. Oh, right, because his photography sucks).

Would love to find more photos. Her dress is, um, rather Elizabethan but I kind of like it. I wonder if she wore her nose ring?

Love the dress--and the fact that the guests seem to be waving rainbow streamers at them. Rainbow. Hmmm.

Yes, the dress is a great improvement over the usual fundie "white t-shirt" dresses. I'm guessing she bought it rather than having a SAHD make it up for her. She's cute -- I like her.

Nice sleuthing, Drunkenbutterfly!

Doug Phillips (is a tool) has just posted a similar shot on Vision Forum's Facebook page:

155608_10150248711939964_534068677_n.jpg

Hmm, the dress is ok, waay better than the normal fundie dresses! I like the color, so much better than "virgin white".

Wow, sleeveless! How risque! And ivory, not white. Hmmmm...she's no virgin. But I like her. She has nothing in common with Rebecca and Elizabeth. It's so interesting to me that the Serven boys marry fun-looking fundies.

When Beth got married a few years ago, she looked like she needed an enema. And covered from head to toe in all her wedding "finery" (homemade ugly dress). And look at NR Emily -- she looks like a normal bride should look -- good dress, a little skin showing, and really happy.

From the engagement photos, this Emily is the one with the piercings and their registry indicated that she's a crunchy hippie. At most, she's fundie-lite. Good for him!

Have they announced the pregnancy yet?

This made me lol. Only on here is it appropriate to start asking as soon as the ring's on. I love FJ! :lol:

eta a disclaimer (because I'm super-paranoid today and don't want anyone flaming me) that no, I don't think it's ever appropriate to be asking but seeing how this is a snark site and all...

When Beth got married a few years ago, she looked like she needed an enema. And covered from head to toe in all her wedding "finery" (homemade ugly dress).

Link? Please??

I just gotta say, I love the color of her dress! Her smile looks genuine. That's so rare in fundiedom.

That's what I thought too. The picture just made me smile because she looked so happy. (Then I got concerned about whether I want to be happy about any fundy wedding lol. :lol: )

I'm not a huge fan of the collar, but it looks better in the second pic, and I love her dress overall compared to other fundy dresses we have seen. I like the color too, it's different.

Really like the dress; I'm a big fan of box pleats. The color is good on her and it's refreshing that it's sleeveless and the neckline's not choking her.

It's good to see a natural smile on a fundy/fundy-lite bride and I hope they are truly happy. While I'd never wear the dress, it's certainly more stylish than the usual fundy-approved dress. Good for her.

If you go to the Serven Clan blog, the wedding photos are in April 2009.

Heh, thanks. Wouldn't be a fundie wedding without an awkward "first kiss ever" photo.

n55yo.jpg

Heh, thanks. Wouldn't be a fundie wedding without an awkward "first kiss ever" photo.

n55yo.jpg

"And if you liked this, just wait until you see what I've got in my pants for later...". LOLOLOL.

Archived