IGNORED

WBC member running for seat on KS Board of Education

dawn9476

I think Jason Wu (from his last name and bad photo) must be the little guy who asked to join the WBC in one of the latest documentaries on the family - I think this was about 2 years ago or so. He was from San Franscisco, and although he was obviously Asian-born, from his accent, had the weirdest little campy lisp on top of it. * He professed to be sincere but couldn't really express himself when asked why he wanted to join the church. Shirley Phelps- Roper seemed really skeptical about him on camera and I have to say I felt the same; it was like he was some queer man trying to infiltrate the group but didn't have the intelligence/ social acumen/familiarity with English to do so successfully. He just gave out this vibe of not being quite right, and I actually thought that he'd open fire on them or something if they let him into the fold. I guess he checked out OK with Gramps in the end, although that's not really an endorsement.

I hope he's not some unstable gay man who will try to murder the group, or some kind of "ex-gay" trying to avenge himself on his old community. Either only benefits the WBC ( who totally want to be martyred) and sets the LGBTQ movement back a decade or so until it's forgotten.

* I know that not all gay men in the world lisp, nor do they all come from San Fran. I also know that fundies often are unintentionally camp ( see Philips, Doug) - but I have known gay men who deliberately cultivated the "gay voice" for one reason or another.

Correct he was in Louis Theroux's last documentary about the WBC.

Archived