IGNORED

Once upon a time

AtroposHeart

I agree! I've actually been shipping Red/Ruby and Belle! and I also have been sensing things between Aurora and Mulan!

I really liked the other days episode, one of the better ones in a long while!

Oh, forgot about Belle! I think Snow, Red and Belle could have a happy little relationship together.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just caught up with this series. Does anyone think that it is possible that Disney allow Mulan and Aurora to become a couple? Disney has been criticized in the past for being 'gay' friendly. Do you think that they would risk loosing some of their audience?

I second (or probably fourth or fifth by now) the chemistry between Aurora and Mulan. I would so love to see them become a couple as they go on their search for Phillip. :D

I don't understand the concern with Disney putting the kibosh on that, though. Mulan is an old chinese tale, so they really have no control over what someone chooses to do with her, right? I can't remember if the Grimm version of Sleeping Beauty names her Aurora, but unless that's a Disney addition, they also would have no control in that case, right?

And, finally, a stupid question: What's 'shipping'? Is that short for 'worshipping'?

ETA: Silly me! I see now that this is an ABC show, so Disney. That was not totally on my radar since I watch the show via Hulu.

Also, I just googled Sleeping Beauty's name. In the original Charles Perrault version, she doesn't have a name (?), but one of her daughters is called L'Aurore. The Grimms name her 'Briar Rose' or in some versions 'Rosamond'.

I second (or probably fourth or fifth by now) the chemistry between Aurora and Mulan. I would so love to see them become a couple as they go on their search for Phillip. :D

I don't understand the concern with Disney putting the kibosh on that, though. Mulan is an old chinese tale, so they really have no control over what someone chooses to do with her, right? I can't remember if the Grimm version of Sleeping Beauty names her Aurora, but unless that's a Disney addition, they also would have no control in that case, right?

And, finally, a stupid question: What's 'shipping'? Is that short for 'worshipping'?

ETA: Silly me! I see now that this is an ABC show, so Disney. That was not totally on my radar since I watch the show via Hulu.

Also, I just googled Sleeping Beauty's name. In the original Charles Perrault version, she doesn't have a name (?), but one of her daughters is called L'Aurore. The Grimms name her 'Briar Rose' or in some versions 'Rosamond'.

Ship is short for relationship, so when you are shipping, you are a fan of a certain relationship. For example you and I are shipping (rooting for the romantic relationship) of Mulan and Aurora. It's the kind word you use often as an obsessive super fan :)

Ship is short for relationship, so when you are shipping, you are a fan of a certain relationship. For example you and I are shipping (rooting for the romantic relationship) of Mulan and Aurora. It's the kind word you use often as an obsessive super fan

Gotcha! Thanks for that explanation, ElphabaGalinda. Yeah: I'm totally shipping Aurora and Mulan. :D

ABC is actually owned by Disney, so they can have as many similarities as they want between the Disney version and OUAT. That's why Belle was able to wear a yellow dress like in Beauty and the Beast, because it's all owned by Disney. I would LOVE for Mulan and Aurora to get together, maybe Disney/ABC will do it. I can't think of any other ABC shows featuring homosexual couples, but I know at least Grey's Anatomy has so there is hope!

ABC is actually owned by Disney, so they can have as many similarities as they want between the Disney version and OUAT. That's why Belle was able to wear a yellow dress like in Beauty and the Beast, because it's all owned by Disney. I would LOVE for Mulan and Aurora to get together, maybe Disney/ABC will do it. I can't think of any other ABC shows featuring homosexual couples, but I know at least Grey's Anatomy has so there is hope!

I belatedly discovered that. :/ I think that they probably won't go there with Mulan and Aurora, since (as Debrand points out above) it might tarnish their brand. I actually now wish Disney did not have a hand in the show, but I really like it so far.

This is the first time that I've been so involved and obsessed with a tv show before. I'm catching up on the first season via Netflix. But I can't stop watching! I love it! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I missed last week's premier. But I'm gonna watch tonight's episode. I guess I'll just watch the last one online. And I'm also shipping (new word to me lol) about Mulan and Aurora. That chemistry can't be by accident.

I'm often irritated with the naivety and one dimensionality of a few of the characters, but im really loving this season so far. Especially Regina. Her inner turmoil is absolutely delicious, and Lana Perilla is doing a fantastic job of humanizing her.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I just have to say it.

Hook is Hot. A la Damian Salvatore hot.

Love this show too, and Grimm.

Um. Yes. Love this show!

• 3 months later...

I do think Robert Carlisle is a wonderful actor. The man makes me believe he is Rumplestiltskin for god's sake!!! I think my problem is with his relationship with Belle. He needs someone less "but you have a good heart" wishy washy.

• 2 weeks later...
I hate the Frozen storyline. Though Lana Parrilla and Robert Carlyle are amazing so I keep on watching.

This! :lol: But last episode, Regina was barely on TV. And I hope they FINALLY take away with that useleess "Marian" chracter...

Or even better, call the shots on that "Robin Hood is the Evil Queens one true love" plotline (they keep changing it anyway) and pair her with someone, who is a bit more interesting than a stack of plain white paper :sleeping:

I, too, hate the Frozen storyline. I can't believe they used it. Don't they know people are sick of it after a smash movie? I guess since Once Upon A Time is on ABC, which is owned by Disney, they figure more is better? No.

But more Hook, please.

:romance-hearteyes:

This! :lol: But last episode, Regina was barely on TV. And I hope they FINALLY take away with that useleess "Marian" chracter...

Or even better, call the shots on that "Robin Hood is the Evil Queens one true love" plotline (they keep changing it anyway) and pair her with someone, who is a bit more interesting than a stack of plain white paper :sleeping:

Marian is a useless character, she has been close to death since she landed in Storybrooke. Lol I pair Regina with so many people. Such as Red or Emma or Hook.

Can't wait till the Frozen arc is done.

I, too, hate the Frozen storyline. I can't believe they used it. Don't they know people are sick of it after a smash movie? I guess since Once Upon A Time is on ABC, which is owned by Disney, they figure more is better? No.

I like Hook too and he is FINALLY getting a wardrobe change, at least thats what they said.

Archived