IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

I'm shamed. I figured I would not be cooking tonight due to the defucking of the habitat. I'm having fish sticks tonight, a guilty pleasure.

Haha Fish sticks/fingers in a white bread sandwich with ketchup. My niece introduced me to this delicacy. Yum!!

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The headship made his specialty.....wood smoked speedy chicken. He grilled potatoes too. He was 'da man. I was canning all day but got every last bit of our gardens into jars. Made salsa verde, stewed tomatoes, picked green tomatoes and pickled jalapenos. My sister helped so we got to spend the day together and the he made dinner. ;) Awesome day!

Pizza with smoked mozz and fresh tomato on whole wheat crust (finally I have a decent WW dough recipe) and a few glasses of red Zinfindel

That's sort of what I'm having tonight. I'm making Grandma Pizza, one plain and one with thinly sliced red onions, red peppers, shitakes, and kalamata olives. And I'm on my second glass of Valpolicella.

I'd be interested in that WW pizza crust recipe, though. I was using a mix between Never Homemaker's and Back to Her Roots's, but I was never 100% satisfied with it. I really like the one from a local pizza place, and I've never found one that can compare.

Naan and tomato soup sound delish, actually. Nothing wrong with staple comfort foods!

Speaking of which, off to make some chicken florentine. 98% of the time I'm about the red sauce, but every once in a while I crave the white for some reason...

I went down with a cold last night, so no cooking for me. The headship is on the way to the store for tomato soup and grilled cheese sammich fixins. I'm sticking to the couch and the company of all four kitties, who seem to realize I'm weak right now and are fighting for a spot on my lap.

Lazy day 'cause we had teen drama...left over prime rib, penne alfredo (jarred sauce but I mixed in some fresh broccoli), and sliced tomatoes from the garden.

Pot roast with carrots, celery and homemade mashed potatoes. Simple, but easy, and my husband and teens love it.

So far this weekend we've done:

Spinach ziti w/ ceasar salad

Pot roast w/ rice, peas, corn, and rolls

Hot dogs and fries

Halloween cookies

Tonight we had roasted cauliflower and leftover homemade chicken soup with rice. Yesterday I made enough homemade pizza to almost last for a week of lunches! (the creation of leftovers is my modus operandi in the kitchen).

I've just eaten seven rice paper rolls with tofu and salady things. No noodles though. I prefer my rolls to be basically salad and protein. So nice.

I currently have a cold, so I made some chicken noodle soup from scratch and put it in the crock pot. Can't wait for it to be done!

We've just had toad in the hole with gravy and veggies, followed by homemade apple strudel and custard. Proper winter stodge!

Lasagne made with hot Italian sausage.

I grew up eating eggplant or zucchini lasagne made with horrible '90s whole wheat pasta and a laughably small amount of cheese, so I've never had "real" lasagne. I made some five years ago that had white sauce and spinach and I swore I'd never make anything with lasagne noodles again because it was so underwhelming. Found ricotta on sale for .99 cents per pound, though, so I'm giving it one last chance. *glaring at cabinet where noodles live*

Yesterday - a traditional Sunday roast, with chicken as the meat. For pudding we had a type of strawberry, peach and pineapple brulee, made with whipped cream instead of the usual eggy mixture.

Today we had pasta with a homemade sauce that was basically ratatouille (made with roasted veg) with leftover chicken mixed in, and apple and raspberry crumble for pudding. We ate the crumble with single cream or creme fraiche.

Rock fish with tomatoes, olives and capers over ww orzo.

I love capers.

We are having tilapia, roasted zucchini, and oven fries (salad on the side)

I love capers.

We are having tilapia, roasted zucchini, and oven fries (salad on the side)

I buy capers by the quart, I can't stand not having them for everything. I put them in meatloaf :D

Lasagne made with hot Italian sausage.

I grew up eating eggplant or zucchini lasagne made with horrible '90s whole wheat pasta and a laughably small amount of cheese, so I've never had "real" lasagne. I made some five years ago that had white sauce and spinach and I swore I'd never make anything with lasagne noodles again because it was so underwhelming. Found ricotta on sale for .99 cents per pound, though, so I'm giving it one last chance. *glaring at cabinet where noodles live*

Burps, I couldn't recommend ditching the ricotta and layering lasagna with bechamel sauce enough. As far as I am concerned, once I saw the light, I never backslide again.

Expdd, I'm a freak like that too. I love putting capers in meatloaf. :shhh:

Too tired to cook so it was bacon and an orange with a glass of skim milk. Tomorrow, though, no matter what happens I'm making pork fried rice from scratch.

I am feeling a cold about to rear its ugly head, so I too am making chicken soup. I think it's just going to be stock and some toast by the time I'm done tonight. The rest will go to Yom Tam and some stock cubes within the next 2 weeks. So, I have a chicken, carrot, onion, small head of garlic, rib of celery, bay leaf, peppercorns and parsley stems going in a pot. All bow before Jewish penicillin.

Archived