IGNORED

Canadian Commons defeats Conservative MP’s pro-life motion

Boogalou

https://www.change.org/petitions/canadian-women-deserve-better

4676 signatures. I haven't seen Canadians worked up like this in quite a while.

It brings a tear to my eye. GO CANADA!

The anti M-312 one on gopetition got almost 20 000 signatures. Canadians are pretty unitedly pro-choice. Now if only we stopped electing complete dickbags...

The anti M-312 one on gopetition got almost 20 000 signatures. Canadians are pretty unitedly pro-choice. Now if only we stopped electing complete dickbags...

I wish I had seen that one. I would've signed no questions asked. The more I re-read my MP's response (he sent out a form letter to all the pro-choicers) the more I think "My goodness. If you couldn't take simple criticism maybe you shouldn't be in politics".

I wish this had happened closer to the election. My friends and family back home are extremely pissed that most of the MPs voted for the motion. A lot didn't know about it until I posted about it on Facebook.

Signed.

Jacinda at growing home is getting worked up about this on her fb page- saying that even though prime minister Stephen Harper made a campaign promise that he wouldn't reopen the abortion debate, he should have broken that promise. Lying isn't a sin, I suppose? Also claiming that most Canadians are pro-life (every poll I have seen suggests otherwise) and the pro-life movement is being quashed by the pro-choice movements with more money. Not sure what organizations those would be, but whatever...

(eta: in re-reading her FB page, I see that it was a commenter who made the statement that pro-choice organizations "have a lot more money", and Jacinda just agreed with her comment)

Signed.

Jacinda at growing home is getting worked up about this on her fb page- saying that even though prime minister Stephen Harper made a campaign promise that he wouldn't reopen the abortion debate, he should have broken that promise. Lying isn't a sin, I suppose? Also claiming that most Canadians are pro-life (every poll I have seen suggests otherwise) and the pro-life movement is being quashed by the pro-choice movements with more money. Not sure what organizations those would be, but whatever...

OMFG don't I wish. The Canadian anti-choice movement has the money to bus thousands of high school students to Ottawa every year to astroturf their March for Life and make it look like thousands of people want to see abortion criminalized (even though the vast majority of the kids in attendance don't give two shits about abortion and only went for the shopping trip - if they didn't astroturf their rally, it'd be a couple hundred elderly people and a handful of young adults and kids). Anti-choice organizations get massive donations from the same rich bastards who fund megachurches. They're not hard up for money, they're just really unoriginal AND really unpopular, which is why their movement goes nowhere despite showy tactics and loudmouthed politicians. Meanwhile, pro-choice groups are usually broke because, despite getting donations from many people, they're small donations since the rich bastards tend to be right-wing. They run almost entirely on volunteers and don't have the freaking Catholic church networking for them. The only way you can explain their success despite their lack of funding and human resources is that the majority of Canadians are pro-choice. Nearly every town in Ontario with a Catholic Church had an anti-abortion billboard at one point. I've noticed many of them have been taken down, at least in my area, but when could you ever see a pro-choice billboard in most small towns? Never, that's when. Jacinda is delusional if she thinks the pro-choice movement is well-funded.

Signed. Stephen Harper is a tool.

Stephen Woodworth is a tool.

Rona Ambrose is a tool.

Mark Warawa is a tool.

ETA Google already knows that Stephen Harper is a tool. It doesn't yet know that Rona Ambrose is a tool, or that Mark Warawa is a tool, or that Stephen Woodworth is a too, though. Maybe we can teach it?

I wrote back to my MP to his form letter. He copied and pasted the original letter he sent me except adding a paragraph about something I never brought up in any of my emails! He avoided me calling him out over the post-birth abortion nonsense.

What the hell...

Glad to see someone posted a petition link already. I've tweeted it & posted it on FB. And signed, obviously.

Stephen Harper is a tool

Rona Ambrose is a tool.

Archived