IGNORED

Fundy college student asking for help on Reddit

mrs

LOL @ posting on reddit. Certainly can't do that and expect a sympathetic audience for such things.

and yeah...(1) private schools can pretty much do what they want, and (2) if you sign the code of conduct then...well, you signed the code of conduct.

Guest Anonymous
-If a student gets pregnant, or is suspected of being pregnant, she will immediately be expelled. This is because it will damage the school's reputation.

This seems odd to me. You get thrown out if you're 'suspected of being pregnant'. How would that even work? Do you get expelled just because you've gained some weight, or maybe you got sick one morning? Or is it just a case of getting in trouble because other people are gossiping about you behind your back?

So if Eliza decides she hates Joselle, then she starts a rumor and gets Joselle kicked out of school? The school then joins her in complicity of her vendetta?

Special brand of idiocy going on there.

This seems odd to me. You get thrown out if you're 'suspected of being pregnant'. How would that even work? Do you get expelled just because you've gained some weight, or maybe you got sick one morning? Or is it just a case of getting in trouble because other people are gossiping about you behind your back?

Especially if you've gained some weight... how does the school deal the notorious "Freshman 15?" Not everyone gains weight during their first semester of college, but I know I put on about 5 pounds just from eating all of the fast food on campus and keeping odd hours from studying, etc (and by 'studying' I mean drinking. A lot. Which would explain my 'morning sickness.') I would have been expelled from there 2 weeks into the first semester with my very own vodka suspected "pregnancy." But, of course, the good little Christian girls there would never, ever drink.

Edited for clarity.

Can't the girl in question insist on taking a pregnancy test? If she's not pregnant, you'll know in 3-5 minutes. Hell, if I went to one of those ass-backwards schools where I could be expelled just because someone claimed I was pregnant, I'd carry around a pregnancy test and be prepared to take it in front of a witness.

"Suspected of being pregnant"="suspected of being sexually active." This, of course, would only be a concern in the case of women. Because, as said above.

"What about the daddy?"

"Hahaha good one."

I think the "suspected of" bit is so that if girls have an abortion, and they can't prove she was pregnant, they can still get rid of her.

Damaging the schools reputation is obviously the most important thing. Jesus' message of love, grace, forgiveness, and understanding? Well, fuck that.

Based on the username heidiheidiheidi and the other posts it seems the student is female. I find it odd that she moved with a 26 year old male roommate. I don't think she can do anything in regards to her privacy since she signed a conduct form. I get the vibe that the student is a bit dim and thought going to a Christian college would bring her closer to God. She didn't do deep research on that school. I think if she had done deep research she might have found out about that school's reputation. Very strict Christian colleges are often slammed on blog sites. I kind of remember there being an anti-Pensacola Christian College blog site that was run by people who left the school. I don't think this particular student will identify the college she is attending, but someone here or on reddit will figure out which college she is attending.

Archived