IGNORED

Sweet Tea and Buttermilk/Courtney's 3rd boy born in driveway

Pclee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Cade is the name of a character in Gone With the Wind. So I guess it's been around awhile."

Okay - you have to help me here.

During college years several room mates were GWTW buffs. Quite a few nights spent doing GWTW trivia wars. I was/am no where near their level and can't recall any "Cade" character. There was a "Wade", Scarlett's 1st child, fathered by Charles Hamilton, and the son Wade was named for his father's commanding officer.

Could that be what you were thinking? If not, please tell me about "Cade". I hate the possibility that my brain cells are deteriorating even quicker than I had thought!

I can't even imagine 3 under 3. I have 7 years between GirlKay and BoyKay, and almost 7 years between BoyKay and ToddlerKay. We still want more, so with my fertility issues, we're back to the races, but even if we get lucky right away, ToddlerKay will be at least 2 1/2 before the next one comes along. Even the thought of that close spacing freaks me out; I know we can handle it, ToddlerKay loves babies and I think will adapt well, and really, I want that closer spacing, but just the contemplation of it is scary. Then again, I suppose it is for most normal people. Having 3 under 3 would send me straight over the edge into insanity. I'm still on the edge of my seat waiting to hear that Kristina is pregnant again. I don't get how one can appreciate and enjoy their kids with no breaks in between. ToddlerKay is still so babyish, and I feel a bit sad and traitor-like at the idea of promoting him to big brother status, but he and his siblings have all had the chance for at least a couple of years of close attention. The guilt would totally eat me alive with 3 babies.

I do know a few ppl who have had babies that frequently so that they can get the toddler years behind them quickly. I've also heard they do that so they are "best friends" which obviously doesn't always happen cuz it doesn't matter your age if the personalities are different(or too similar) they won't get along no age gap won't fix that)

Obviously Courtney is a different situation but whatever works for families. If it's close together or really spaced.

Cade is not unusual name in the South. I grew up in Louisiana (now live in Texas) and I can think of three Cades without even trying. Grew up with one (I'm 51) and the other two are thirtyish. None of them are fundie or fundie lite.

I do know a few ppl who have had babies that frequently so that they can get the toddler years behind them quickly. I've also heard they do that so they are "best friends" which obviously doesn't always happen cuz it doesn't matter your age if the personalities are different(or too similar) they won't get along no age gap won't fix that)

Obviously Courtney is a different situation but whatever works for families. If it's close together or really spaced.

Ha! Although my 8, 7 and 5 1/2 year old love each other and will defend each other to people outside the family, day to day they fight like cats and dogs and will never seek each others company if there are other options.

Now maybe that's cause I'm an evil secular feminist who sends them to school and extracurricular activities to make friends and actually encourages friendships outside the home instead of forcing them to find their friendships within the family, but they are all very different people with very different interests and needs, and expecting them to find all they need in relationships in their parents and siblings seems unrealistic. Their close ages probably hinders any potential friendships rather than helping, the two who get along best are oldest daughter and youngest son.

• 9 months later...
I see dear Courtney is now posting on 'I love my large family FB', shopping for double strollers.

She posted on there yesterday. Baby #4 is here.

She posted on there yesterday. Baby #4 is here.

So now she'll have four under four. She's super-fertile it seems, and young. She could be giving Kelly and Michelle a run for their money for Biggest Family

So now she'll have four under four. She's super-fertile it seems, and young. She could be giving Kelly and Michelle a run for their money for Biggest Family

Maybe not. She seems to have placenta previa from the description of her births. Sadly, if she continues like she has been, it's only a matter of time before tragedy strikes :cry:

Maybe not. She seems to have placenta previa from the description of her births. Sadly, if she continues like she has been, it's only a matter of time before tragedy strikes :cry:

Placenta previa is nothing to mess with. My sister lost one baby due to it.

That is wishful thinking. In the Large Families FB post she writes "our first girl!" Sounds like first, as in, first out of many.

I had my three in less than three years. C sections all of them.

Not entirely intentionally, but still. And never ever ever again. While still pregnant with my last, we were already discussing sterilization options.

I love my children fiercely, but I still haven't caught up on my sleep.

I have a friend who has four three and under, but let's just say her situation is less than ideal to have that many. She had three under two at one time because she has twins the second time. None of them were at all intended apparently, but I will leave my feelings about that out.

Outside of that, she seems to be rather fertile and apparently is doing an all C theme, like the Duggar J theme. Clint, Clay, Cade and now Callie. The placenta previa thing is worrisome, I agree with you all there and nope nothing tragic happens when she gets pregnant again and based on her history, she will likely be expecting again in a just a couple months.

Anyone notice that blessing #3 wasn't due until September? I think it's time to slow down. I am noticing a pattern with these back-to-back birthings where the later babies are born.... earlier. Kelly Bradrick's last two (that we know of) were difficult/early.

Glad everything turned out ok. I would not want to deliver a baby in the driveway. It's public and dirty and probably uncomfortable. My husband has told me on numerous occasions when I give birth, he will be by my side and NOT ANYWHERE NEAR THE OTHER END. I laugh at that and figure he just doesn't want to be reminded of his OB rotation in med school. Still, it's good to know he's caught a few babies before so he'll be an old hand if forced to deliver our child. :~)

The labor thing is very hard to predict. Hospitals do sometimes practice "cookbook" medicine. There's alot of unpredictability when it comes to labor. You can see a 100 patients who were safely sent home with contractions of X sec apart and then the one patient who looks no different but who is actually very close to delivering. There's still alot we don't understand about contractions and labor.

Giving birth is the ultimate in uncomfortable and dirty.

Anyone notice that blessing #3 wasn't due until September?

Just saw her FB page and it was planned C-section, four weeks early bc of placenta issues. Callie was less than 5 lbs and I think is still in NICU.

I really hope she and her husband give her body time to recover. She looks like such a tiny lady on pics.

Giving birth is the ultimate in uncomfortable and dirty.

Yeah, the media image is "ooooh gosh the pain the pain THE PAIN," but most of the discomfort of birth is cramping, pooping, stuff stretching that is supposed to stretch but doesn't exactly do that every day, possibly puking, your instincts and the internal movements of the baby prompting you to move around in a certain way or hold a particular position in order to get the baby down, and the just general weirdness of the baby moving out. Parts of it can feel really darn good--seriously, orgasmic birth does happen--but in general it's just really, really uncomfortable!

I love how a woman can't say anything ever about a future birth without people tripping all over themselves to tell her it's going to be much worse than she imagines.

Are Clint, Clay, and Cade really the best C names they could come up with?

Why the heck was she in the driveway and not in the house? Weird.

Once the baby's coming, you're not going anywhere. I went to college with a woman who gave birth in the parking lot of Kmart. The EMTs couldn't even get her into the ambulance.

Yeah, the media image is "ooooh gosh the pain the pain THE PAIN," but most of the discomfort of birth is cramping, pooping, stuff stretching that is supposed to stretch but doesn't exactly do that every day, possibly puking, your instincts and the internal movements of the baby prompting you to move around in a certain way or hold a particular position in order to get the baby down, and the just general weirdness of the baby moving out. Parts of it can feel really darn good--seriously, orgasmic birth does happen--but in general it's just really, really uncomfortable!

Uh, yeah, no. The ultimate in uncomfortable means cutting my pelvis in half with a blunt axe would be less uncomfortable. Birth is so agonisingly painful that I wasn't even coherent enough to ask for drugs.

How old is she? She looks much younger than my 25-year-old daughter, who is still mistaken for a teenager.

Anyone notice that blessing #3 wasn't due until September? I think it's time to slow down. I am noticing a pattern with these back-to-back birthings where the later babies are born.... earlier. Kelly Bradrick's last two (that we know of) were difficult/early.

At least with this one, they'll have to abstain for eighty days. So, doing the math, she'll have the next one around this time next summer.

40 weeks of pregnancy x 7 days per week = 280 days

280 days + 80 days of abstaining = 360 days + a few weeks of wiggle room = full-term baby

edited because I really can do math

Archived